Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Thumb Up Function

Actually, what's the function of thumb up? I've read thumb up function is for radio station. But I accidentally click the thumb up on artist's album on my spotify windows desktop. Is there any effect after I click thumb up? And could I remove the thu...

• Casual Listener
  • Actually, what's the function of thumb up? I've read thumb up function is for radio station. But I accidentally click the thumb up on artist's album on my spotify windows desktop. Is there any effect...
  • Nick_user
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Create Playlist from list of Song URLs

Hey you, hope you're having a beautiful day. My friend and I have been texting each other songs for months though the "Copy Link" option. I can export the text history and filter it down to all the spotify links. From here, do you know of any simple ...

• Hey you, hope you're having a beautiful day.   My friend and I have been texting each other songs for months though the "Copy Link" option. I can export the text history and filter it down to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops after each local song

Hello, I've got a problem with playing local files in spotify. After each song it stops playing. This weirdly enough is only the case for local songs and not for steamed songs.I think it might have something to do with a windows update. When I found ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I've got a problem with playing local files in spotify. After each song it stops playing. This weirdly enough is only the case for local songs and not for steamed songs. I think it...
  • soultape
  • Casual Listener
  • 292 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 292 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! [windows] Spotify Installation Folder

Seriously... Get your stuff together Spotify Team. I mean really, who had the ridiculous idea to dump all the related Spotify program files into the "C\Users\"-folder? It should be instead "C:\Program Files\Spotify"-folder or at least "C:\Users\\AppD...

• Regular
  • Seriously... Get your stuff together Spotify Team.   I mean really, who had the ridiculous idea to dump all the related Spotify program files into the "C\Users\"-folder?   It should be ...
  • 1gizmo1
  • 9 replies
  • 19 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 19 likes

Solved!! Very long loading

When I start up Spotify, it takes maybe three minutes until everything loads up, with those circular loading dots. I am using version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd of Spotify, and my OS is Windows 7 Premium.

• Music Fan
  • When I start up Spotify, it takes maybe three minutes until everything loads up, with those circular loading dots.   I am using version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd of Spotify, and my OS is Windows 7 ...
  • pief
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't connect to a different device via Spotify Connect

I'm using a laptop (Win 10, desktop app), a PC (Win 10, desktop app) and a phone (Android 7.0). I can't use Spotify Connect between them. Sometimes it just doesn't find any other devices and right now even though I select a device and select a song, ...

• I'm using a laptop (Win 10, desktop app), a PC (Win 10, desktop app) and a phone (Android 7.0). I can't use Spotify Connect between them. Sometimes it just doesn't find any other devices and right no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

personal spotify playlists, ex Summer Rewind

I noted on my Iphone that Spotify created a fantastic new personal playlist. - the Summer Rewind.However in the Windows application i can not find it. How should I find it within windows? Are there other personal playlists that I am missing out?I onl...

• I noted on my Iphone that Spotify created a fantastic new personal playlist. - the Summer Rewind. However in the Windows application i can not find it.  How should I find it within windows? &...
  • Blueberry
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't reinstall Spotify (Error Code 18)

(If there is someone else with this problem that already has a solution, kindly re-direct me there please. Thanks!) I'm having trouble with my application on my Windows 10 PC. I tried to run it about an hour ago, and it wouldn't respond. I tried unin...

• (If there is someone else with this problem that already has a solution, kindly re-direct me there please. Thanks!)   I'm having trouble with my application on my Windows 10 PC. I tried to run...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Spotify Artists not showing on tinder

Hello,I had no option to link my spotify to my tinder (because spotify isn't available in the country I'm in I guess), but, when I was swiping and I saw a girl with her spotify linked to her profile, there was a "link your spotify" under it so I link...

• Hello, I had no option to link my spotify to my tinder (because spotify isn't available in the country I'm in I guess), but, when I was swiping and I saw a girl with her spotify linked to her p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

With premium, are we actually getting 320 kbps ogg?

Whenever I compare Spotify highest quality to 320 kbps CD rips, my CD rips sound better. Is spotify lying to us about the premium quality?

• Music Fan
  • Whenever I compare Spotify highest quality to 320 kbps CD rips, my CD rips sound better. Is spotify lying to us about the premium quality?
  • syplex
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Screen after update

Hey there,I got an update around Saturday that made my Desktop Client unusable. Screen is black, no UI is loaded except some of the Menu Items in the Title line (not all though, yet i can't even access the version number of the Client). I can fix thi...

• Roadie
  • Hey there, I got an update around Saturday that made my Desktop Client unusable. Screen is black, no UI is loaded except some of the Menu Items in the Title line (not all though, yet i can't even ac...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Default to full album, not saved songs off of album

So, I like to listen to albums from front to start most of the time, but my gf who also uses my spotify likes specific songs from albums, so she'll click the little plus next to the song and add them to the library to get to them later. The problem i...

• So, I like to listen to albums from front to start most of the time, but my gf who also uses my spotify likes specific songs from albums, so she'll click the little plus next to the song and add them...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Song Distortion

I've been getting distortion on all of my songs. I have a Dell Inspirion Windows 7. I am not a premium user. The distortion sounds like crackling static that slows down the song; makes the music sound very robotic. If the spotify window is selected t...

• I've been getting distortion on all of my songs. I have a Dell Inspirion Windows 7. I am not a premium user. The distortion sounds like crackling static that slows down the song; makes the music soun...
  • mitchluvscindy
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How to embed "Add to Spotify" button in a facebook post with multiple songs?

Hi,i try to find out, how can i make a facebook post with this 'add to spotify' button, and with multiple spotify songs at the same time.I have seen some examples on facebook.But if I try to do such a post, for example with a playlist or album, it do...

• Hi, i try to find out, how can i make a facebook post with this 'add to spotify' button, and with multiple spotify songs at the same time. I have seen some examples on facebook. But if I try to do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 Spotify Grey/black screen

It's just recently started to happen but when my Spotify opens, nothing shows up just a grey/black screen. ( see attachment )I've looked on other support threads and nothing has helped and yes I have reinstalled multiple times.please help

• Casual Listener
  • It's just recently started to happen but when my Spotify opens, nothing shows up just a grey/black screen. ( see attachment ) I've looked on other support threads and nothing has helped and yes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local music

Hello, i have an issue trying sync music from a mabcook to a windows PC. The sync don't start, it's writting "pending" for hours. Both computer are on the same WIFI. work on a smartphone. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks

• Hello, i have an issue trying sync music from a mabcook to a windows PC.  The sync don't start, it's writting "pending" for hours. Both computer are on the same WIFI. work on a smartphone. Any h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't update passed 1.0.55.487.g256699aa!

I know this is an issue that's been raised multiple times but I've yet to find a fix that actually fixes the problem So I have Version 1.0.55.487.g256699aa and I'll see the 'A new version of Spotify is available (1.0.56.451). Click here to download" ...

• I know this is an issue that's been raised multiple times but I've yet to find a fix that actually fixes the problem 😕   So I have Version 1.0.55.487.g256699aa and I'll see the 'A new ...
  • sr313
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Songs load slow and stop / start

Problem I am a premium user and it seems that spotify is doing two things right now. Songs are loading slow periodically. Songs will stop playing then start back up. Steps taken to resolve issue Both are behaviors of the song 'loading' or 'buffering'...

• Casual Listener
  • Problem I am a premium user and it seems that spotify is doing two things right now. Songs are loading slow periodically. Songs will stop playing then start back up.   Steps taken to r...
  • Wingman1
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes

cant play music on laptop windows 8

I can't listen to music at all. I keep getting a "Can't play current song." and I've done everything I can to fix it, but still nothing. I tried using my phone as a remote but that didn't either. I think it has something to do with connecting do a de...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't listen to music at all. I keep getting a "Can't play current song." and I've done everything I can to fix it, but still nothing. I tried using my phone as a remote but that didn't either.&nbs...
  • cgdyrus
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTFY UNINSTALL IN WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

CANNOT UNINSTALL SPOTIFY DESPITE TRYING ALL THE SUGGESTIONS FROM THE FORUM. DRIVES ME NUTS. ANY IDEA'S

• Casual Listener
  • CANNOT UNINSTALL SPOTIFY DESPITE TRYING ALL THE SUGGESTIONS FROM THE FORUM. DRIVES ME NUTS. ANY IDEA'S  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod