Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

More options for desktop client would be great...

Admittedly Spotify has taken over as my go to media and music storage solution, being able to use it anywhere between my platforms has proven to be super handy. The thing I wish for the most that it offered would be alternate desktop client/IU comple...

• Regular
  • Admittedly Spotify has taken over as my go to media and music storage solution, being able to use it anywhere between my platforms has proven to be super handy. The thing I wish for the mos...
  • DarkMukke
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    desktop client
    Desktop Player
    spotify desktop
    Spotify skins
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Musixmatch not working for private session

Is musixmatch not supposed to work during private sessions, or is it a problem on my end. When I have private session turned on, it appears as if spotify is not opened.

• Casual Listener
  • Is musixmatch not supposed to work during private sessions, or is it a problem on my end. When I have private session turned on, it appears as if spotify is not opened.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Any plans to support Chromecast Audio volume control from PC Desktop App?

Or should we give up and accept it will never be supported? Please note. I DO NOT want to discover new chromecast devices from the desktop app, I just want to control the volume from an active reproduction. I can control songs and playback but volume...

• Regular
  • Or should we give up and accept it will never be supported?   Please note. I DO NOT want to discover new chromecast devices from the desktop app, I just want to control the volume from an acti...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Controlling volume on Chromecast from desktop application

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to control the music volume my desktop when the music is streamed from my android phone to my Chromecast. When I open the desktop app, it sees which song is playing and I can pause, resume and even switch to other s...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I'm wondering if it's possible to control the music volume my desktop when the music is streamed from my android phone to my Chromecast. When I open the desktop app, it sees wh...
  • osmoon
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

2nd desktop computer at a different office. Not on same wifi. does this mean can use Spotify on it?

I have a second desktop computer at second office which I work in two days per wk.I can't connect to spotify at second office is this because is a different wifi network?Any way to solve this? Thx,Craig

• Casual Listener
  • I have a second desktop computer at second office which I work in two days per wk. I can't connect to spotify at second office is this because is a different wifi network? Any way to solve this? &...
  • CraigAmack
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Huge CPU Usage - any reaction from Spotify?

Hey, guys, I have my CPU running hot as vulcano! 100% busy when Spotify is on. Does anybody know where to get the version which is stable and does not take up all CPU to itself? Although memory usage is ok at ~40MB. My system is Windows 7, 32 bits. I...

• Regular
  • Hey, guys, I have my CPU running hot as vulcano! 100% busy when Spotify is on. Does anybody know where to get the version which is stable and does not take up all CPU to itself? Although memory u...
  • jameschrisshann
  • 43 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 16 likes

Is it possible to sort an artist by album in My Library?

What I am talking about was difficult to communicate in the title, but I wanted to sort an artists tracks in my library by album, just so it looks cleaner with the titles. I assumed it could be done the same way as in the playlists, where you just cl...

jGc6nDR.png
  • Casual Listener
  • What I am talking about was difficult to communicate in the title, but I wanted to sort an artists tracks in my library by album, just so it looks cleaner with the titles. I assumed it could be done ...
  • South5432
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify not responding/loading up.

Alright, so i'm on windows 10 and i've been using spotify for more than a year and i've had no problems with it until now. Whenever i try to load it, it takes a while, and eventually when it loads up it comes up with a message saying "The spotify app...

• Visitor
  • Alright, so i'm on windows 10 and i've been using spotify for more than a year and i've had no problems with it until now. Whenever i try to load it, it takes a while, and eventually when it loads up...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not load

my spotify gets carried forever and does not open. Do you have resolution?has an attached image

• Casual Listener
  • my spotify gets carried forever and does not open. Do you have resolution? has an attached image
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Glitchy

For the past 2 days, I'll start playing spotify, it will play for about 2 minutes then stop. The play button still shows playing but the beginning and end time turns to 0:00 or it will show it's playing but there's no audio. Has this happened to anyo...

• For the past 2 days, I'll start playing spotify, it will play for about 2 minutes then stop.  The play button still shows playing but the beginning and end time turns to 0:00 or it will show it'...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

• <REMOVED>
  • chelovader
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"This song is unavailable" after adding local file then removing it.

Repro:Add a song that is available to play from Spotify (not local)Add a local source that contains a file whose track information matches the not local track informationRemove the local sourceGo back to the song that you added in Spotify and attempt...

• Casual Listener
  • Repro: Add a song that is available to play from Spotify (not local) Add a local source that contains a file whose track information matches the not local track information Remove the local sourc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App Won't Work?

I apologize if this this question has alreayd been answered, but I can't seem to get the desktop app on Windows to run for me. I've had it loading for over five hours now and I can't get passed the loading screen. I've tried all the troubleshooting t...

• Regular
  • I apologize if this this question has alreayd been answered, but I can't seem to get the desktop app on Windows to run for me. I've had it loading for over five hours now and I can't get passed the l...
  • Tanekox91
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify en windows 10 no funciona

Cada que intento abrir Spotify desde mi computadora se congela la pantalla y no funciona hasta que tengo que reiniciarla¿a alguien mas le pasa? y de ser así ¿como lo solucionaron?

• Casual Listener
  • Cada que intento abrir Spotify desde mi computadora se congela la pantalla y no funciona hasta que tengo que reiniciarla ¿a alguien mas le pasa? y de ser así ¿como lo solucionaron?
  • dalids
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Free
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

saving a mood playlist

I love the chill.out.brain playlist that is currently on spotify. Is there a way to put it into my playlists so that when it is replaced I don't lose all the great music?

• I love the chill.out.brain playlist that is currently on spotify. Is there a way to put it into my playlists so that when it is replaced I don't lose all the great music?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PC equalizer

I was wonder if there is any good free equalizers for windows. I saw equalizer pro for spotify but I don't really wanna pay $15 for that. Any solutions?

• Casual Listener
  • I was wonder if there is any good free equalizers for windows. I saw equalizer pro for spotify but I don't really wanna pay $15 for that. Any solutions?
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs not working on PC, but work on my phone

On both my laptop and desktop PC im able to play most of the albums/songs in my library, but not all the ones that are available in my region (Canada). On my iPhone however it works perfectly. I had this problem for a couple months - I made sure I di...

• Visitor
  • On both my laptop and desktop PC im able to play most of the albums/songs in my library, but not all the ones that are available in my region (Canada). On my iPhone however it works&nb...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Xbox one spotify will not connect

It started like 2 weeks ago l, it worked fine before then. Now it says, "offline to connect to spotify, you need to be online." The Xbox one is online and ive checked offline mode through my mobile. Tried using Wi-Fi as a link to connect to my x box ...

• It started like 2 weeks ago l, it worked fine before then. Now it says, "offline to connect to spotify, you need to be online." The Xbox one is online and ive checked offline mode through my mobile. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Seeing each other's play lists on family premium

My son and daughter are on my family plan, and his playlists appear in my playlist section. I don't want to delete his playlists, but how do I stop seeing them on my computer/phone? He has his own email account, to which he activated his device and a...

• My son and daughter are on my family plan, and his playlists appear in my playlist section.  I don't want to delete his playlists, but how do I stop seeing them on my computer/pho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playable greyed out songs

Ok i have been using premium for a while now. I have added a few songs to my playlist 10 songs. I checked the downloaded switch. All the songs are downloaded,i can play all of them but one song is just greyed out (i can play it too) . I tried reinsta...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok i have been using premium for a while now. I have added a few songs to my playlist 10 songs. I checked the downloaded switch. All the songs are downloaded,i can play all of them but one song is ju...
  • Zumbawmn
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes