Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

UI Graphical Glitch, Multiple Monitors, Cutting off while trying to maximize window.

Solved!

UI Graphical Glitch, Multiple Monitors, Cutting off while trying to maximize window.

The two pictures I attached show the problem relatively well. I have three displays, a primary display that's 2560x1440p, and two secondary displays that are 1080x1920p (So they're vertically oriented). When the spotify window is on either of the two secondary displays, and the height of the window is more than 1440 pixels, it cuts off from the bottom. So I can't see the music control buttons or what's currently playing when the window is maximized on either of my secondary monitors. It's important to note that I can still click in the area where the window is cut off and control spotify.

SpotifyFailure.PNG
SpotifyFailure2.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all!

Could you try disabling hardware acceleration and see if it's still doing it?

It's under View.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Bumping for interest as I'm also having this same issue.

Seems to be a common problem on multi-monitor setups with varying resolutions.

Screenshot (9).png
Marked as solution

Hey all!

Could you try disabling hardware acceleration and see if it's still doing it?

It's under View.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had this same problem and unchecking Hardware Acceleration fixed my issue. 

I also have this issue, but disabling the Hardware Acceleration under View did not fix it.

turning off hardware acceleration did not fix the problem for me as well, Windows 10.

please re-open this issue.

I'm seeing this issue as well, even after disabling Hardware Acceleration.  In my case, my main window is 3000 x 2000 while my second monitor is 1920 x 1080, so it seems like Spotify is trying to use the aspect ratio of the main display with my second monitor?

180222_SpotifyBug.jpg

I had the sae problem, managed to fix it by going into properties (right click spotify icon), compatibility tab and then check the ignore DPI scaling box. Hope it works for you guys as well!

Suggested posts