Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Cannot login with Facebook

I logged out of Spotify on my desktop because it kept saying no internet connection. Now I cannot log back in via Facebook. I can click a bunch but nothing happens

• I logged out of Spotify on my desktop because it kept saying no internet connection. Now I cannot log back in via Facebook. I can click a bunch but nothing happens
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Esta Canción no está disponible" - En casi todas las canciones!

Hola, tengo una inquietud y es que me sigue apareciendo "Esta canción no está disponible.Si tienes el archivo en el ordenador puedes importarlo", pensé que era la canción así que seguí intentando con otras playlists y canciones pero me aparece igual,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, tengo una inquietud y es que me sigue apareciendo "Esta canción no está disponible.Si tienes el archivo en el ordenador puedes importarlo", pensé que era la canción así que seguí intentando con...
  • jetzer00
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify application freezes usability when gaming

- Whenever I go fullscreen with a game, the desktop client will not repsond to mouse or keyboard input unless minimized and then re-opened. Happens 100% of the time from any game launched. Music remains as does keyboard media buttons function.

• Visitor
  • - Whenever I go fullscreen with a game, the desktop client will not repsond to mouse or keyboard input unless minimized and then re-opened. Happens 100% of the time from any game launched. Music rema...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

crossfading

crossfadings works but after playing a few numbers it wil stop crossfading same as the same volume for all numbershow is this possible

• crossfadings works but after playing a few numbers it wil stop crossfading  same as the same volume for all numbers how is this possible
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Need an easy way to back up all my saved songs

So for the last few months I have noticed that someone has access to my account. I have signed out everywhere a million times and I keep deleting the playlists they make and the songs they add to my spotify. Recently they tried to change my subscript...

• Visitor
  • So for the last few months I have noticed that someone has access to my account. I have signed out everywhere a million times and I keep deleting the playlists they make and the songs they add to my ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why I can't download application for windows?

https://www.spotify.com/tw/download/windows/I can't download and instal Spotify from this page. Is there any wrong on your website?

• Visitor
  • https://www.spotify.com/tw/download/windows/ I can't download and instal Spotify from this page. Is there any wrong on your website?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Top of the screen not showing

So I opened Spotify and everything works, but there is no top of the screen. I can't move the window anywhere, can't close it, minimise it or stuff like that and since i have a secondary screen i usually move it there, but now i can't. Its not black ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I opened Spotify and everything works, but there is no top of the screen. I can't move the window anywhere, can't close it, minimise it or stuff like that and since i have a secondary screen i usu...
  • Drazo420
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix won't open on desktop

I have 3 daily mixes on Spotify but none of them open when i click on them. I can play the music but I can't see all of the songs that are in the playlist. I have tried logging in again and i even re-installed Spotify but nothing seems to work. Does ...

• I have 3 daily mixes on Spotify but none of them open when i click on them. I can play the music but I can't see all of the songs that are in the playlist. I have tried logging in again and i even re...
  • Woopie35
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Export Playlist / Backup

I didn't want to put this in the New Idea section, as I am not really suggesting a new idea. I started deleting a lot of the mp3s off of my computer in favor of just listening to the same songs over Spotify. I needed the extra hard drive space becaus...

• Casual Listener
  • I didn't want to put this in the New Idea section, as I am not really suggesting a new idea.   I started deleting a lot of the mp3s off of my computer in favor of just listening to the same so...
  • DamianZoro
  • 92 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Windows
  • 92 replies
  • 18 likes

the spotify application has stopped working

Ive had spotify premimum version for atleast 6 months and it has suddonly stops working. when i try to open the aplication it says "the spotify application has stopped working" and when i go to task mananger and then try its just a white screen for s...

• Ive had spotify premimum version for atleast 6 months and it has suddonly stops working. when i try to open the aplication it says "the spotify application has stopped working" and when i go to task ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Play Queue keeps playing instead of my playlists/radio

I'm trying to listen to my Playlists, and it will only play 1 song from my Playlist, and then it starts playing my Play Queue. I don't want to listen to my Play Queue right now, that's where random songs sit until I decide to listen to them. I just w...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to listen to my Playlists, and it will only play 1 song from my Playlist, and then it starts playing my Play Queue.  I don't want to listen to my Play Queue right now, that's where ra...
  • John_Mathis
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 30 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 30 likes

Solved!! Track is skipping, (poor playback) rather than skipping to next.

When I listen to Nuvole Bianche on my phone on the app it plays just fine, when I try the same track on my pc it plays poorly (skips parts) this the only track that I have found that has this problem, any ideas why that may be??? Kind Regards

• Casual Listener
  • When I listen to Nuvole Bianche on my phone on the app it plays just fine, when I try the same track on my pc it plays poorly (skips parts) this the only track that I have found that has this problem...
  • seamus89
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

embedding into website

Hi I want to embed a website into my website but every time I do it automaticall turns into a url link and won't come up as an iframe, This is the embed code it gave me

• Hi   I want to embed a website into my website but every time I do it automaticall turns into a url link and won't come up as an iframe, This is the embed code it gave me   <iframe s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! High cpu usage

Hello i have tried a complete reinstall of spotify but still it shows over 30% cpu usage. How do i fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello i have tried a complete reinstall of spotify but still it shows over 30% cpu usage. How do i fix this?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfade and volume settings do not save

I am using the desktop application and the "set the same volume level for all songs" and "crossfade" options are not saving when going back to my library or restarting application.

• I am using the desktop application and the "set the same volume level for all songs" and "crossfade" options are not saving when going back to my library or restarting application.
  • meliin123
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Songs wont go away

Im having a problem. At one time I created a playlist and added a few hundred songs. Some of the songs(maybe all of them) were saved to my desktop. I tried to edit and remove some of those songs, but they keep coming back. What could be causing this ...

• Regular
  • Im having a problem. At one time I created a playlist and added a few hundred songs. Some of the songs(maybe all of them) were saved to my desktop. I tried to edit and remove some of those songs, but...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"My Songs" being unchecked

Wasn't sure where to exactly post this. I've had the itching feeling that lots of songs I had checked to be placed in "My songs" were being unchecked. Sometimes I'll be scrolling through My Songs and come across something that I could've sworn I had ...

• Regular
  • Wasn't sure where to exactly post this.   I've had the itching feeling that lots of songs I had checked to be placed in "My songs" were being unchecked.   Sometimes I'll be scrolling thro...
  • daxdcleasby
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!! error message

this evening have started to get the message . spotify exe. no discthere is no disk in the drive.please insert a disk into drive F. Not sure why. all i have done is turn on the computer and spotify loads as part of strt up process as is normal. Any a...

• Casual Listener
  • this evening have started to get the message . spotify exe. no disc there is no disk in the drive.please insert a disk into drive F. Not sure why. all i have done is turn on the computer and spotify...
  • paul0158
  • 71 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 71 replies
  • 0 likes

How to unlink track with the new Spotify update?

How to unlink track in Spotify now? so I can listen to the Spotify version instead the Local File version?I want to use the Spotify version for one playlist and Local File for another playlist, so don't tell me to delete the local file!Did they took ...

• How to unlink track in Spotify now?  so I can listen to the Spotify version instead the Local File version? I want to use the Spotify version for one playlist and Local File for another playlis...
  • halfblake
  • 20 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 20 replies
  • 33 likes