Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Bring my own music

With Google Play, I was able to include my own previusly purchased music - how do I do that here for music that isn't available on Spotify? Can't very well have all my music in one place without Garth Brooks!

• With Google Play, I was able to include my own previusly purchased music - how do I do that here for music that isn't available on Spotify?  Can't very well have all my music in one place withou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Since Windows 10...

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."For every song. After Windows 10 update, my sound was not working at all. I had to update sound drivers, that fixed the issue with sound from other sources. For SPO...

• "This song is not available.  If you have the file on your computer you can import it." For every song.   After Windows 10 update, my sound was not working at all.  I had to update ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

8 yr Premium sub cancelled, Windows 10 desktop app no longer works

I love Spotify, for 8 years I used it on my desktop at work and at home, but since upgrading to Window 10, I've had nothiong but problems with it. This is more of a rant than anything else, as I have tried all the solutions, sometimes they work, but ...

• Casual Listener
  • I love Spotify, for 8 years I used it on my desktop at work and at home, but since upgrading to Window 10, I've had nothiong but problems with it. This is more of a rant than anything else, as I have...
  • Wendy172
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PROBLEMA CON ARCHIVOS LOCALES

QUE TAL, TENGO PROBLEMAS AL INTENTAR CREAR UNA PLAYLIST CON TODOS MIS ARCHIVOS LOCALES, EN SI ES TODA LA MUSICA QUE TENIA EN UN IPOD CLASSIC (13,622 CANCIONES), ME SALE LA SIGUIENTE LEYENDA: "HAS LLENADO ESTA PLAYLIST HASTA EL MAXIMO, ESTAMOS IMPRESI...

• QUE TAL, TENGO PROBLEMAS AL INTENTAR CREAR UNA PLAYLIST CON TODOS MIS ARCHIVOS LOCALES, EN SI ES TODA LA MUSICA QUE TENIA EN UN IPOD CLASSIC (13,622 CANCIONES), ME SALE LA SIGUIENTE LEYENDA: "HA...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

test

username is random letters

• username is random letters
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PC App won't launch, can't uninstall, reinstall doesn't help

I've been using Spotify for nearly five years, Premium for nearly as long. I've rarely encountered problems with the PC application, but right now, I can't even launch it, and I'm ready to cancel my service if I can't solve the problem. Several days ...

• Regular
  • I've been using Spotify for nearly five years, Premium for nearly as long. I've rarely encountered problems with the PC application, but right now, I can't even launch it, and I'm ready to cancel my ...
  • dianajv3
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't see a specific friend's spotify activity

I have recently noticed that I can't see one of my friends listening activity even though I can see what all of my other friends are listening to. I told her to turn the feature on and she said it was, and we both tried logging in and out and reinsta...

• I have recently noticed that I can't see one of my friends listening activity even though I can see what all of my other friends are listening to. I told her to turn the feature on and she said it wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Crossfade not working on specific artists and setting not saving.

Brief description of the issue:Crossfade does not work for specific artists (Tennis) and the setting doesn't save once I leave the settings page. Steps I took:First I turned on the crossfade option (12 seconds). Tried to play Tennis songs - crossfade...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Crossfade does not work for specific artists (Tennis) and the setting doesn't save once I leave the settings page.    Steps I took: First I turned on th...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Feature Request: Retain playback preferences after updates

Currently, I don't see a way to make my playback settings retained (eg Shuffle, Repeat) between updates. What ends up happening is I expect a playlist to be on repeat from previous use but updates reset the playback settings to default (No shuffle, n...

• Currently, I don't see a way to make my playback settings retained (eg Shuffle, Repeat) between updates.    What ends up happening is I expect a playlist to be on repeat from previous use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! error code 13

I'm trying to download it and right as it gets to the point of running the installer it says "the installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created (error code 13) I've tried everything I know how to do, apparent...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to download it and right as it gets to the point of running the installer it says "the installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created (error code 1...
  • Debs_
  • 61 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 1 likes

Download

The download button is missing from my PC

• The download button is missing from my PC
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Facebook friends not showing

I just got Spotify Premium but never used Spotify before. I know some of my friends use Spotify, but for some reason they are not showing up. I would love to connect with them on Spotify. Please help.

Unbenannt.PNG
  • Visitor
  • I just got Spotify Premium but never used Spotify before. I know some of my friends use Spotify, but for some reason they are not showing up. I would love to connect with them on Spotify.   Pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't reinstall because "Some archives weren't created" (ErrorCode 13)

Hi! My Name is Ezequiel and I currently have some trouble when I close the program in my Windows and the moment I want to open it again, it suddlenly starts "intalling spotify" like the first time I downloaded it. This time the program won't install ...

• Hi! My Name is Ezequiel and I currently have some trouble when I close the program in my Windows and the moment I want to open it again, it suddlenly starts "intalling spotify" like the first time I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading... Playlists

Hi, I have seven playlists that Spotify won't load and cannot be deleted by me. The left hand Spotify playlist panel just shows "Loading...: . I have tried the same Spotify account on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone and on two Windows 10 PCs, and I have th...

• Hi,   I have seven playlists that Spotify won't load and cannot be deleted by me. The left hand Spotify playlist panel just shows "Loading...: . I have tried the same Spotify account on a Wind...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Your country does not match the one set in your profile.

I am getting the message "Your country does not match the one set in your profile." even though I haven't gone anywhere from where I set my profile. Any geolocators I can find online point to me being in the United States, and I am unable to change m...

• Regular
  • I am getting the message "Your country does not match the one set in your profile." even though I haven't gone anywhere from where I set my profile.   Any geolocators I can find online point...
  • SyedIshaq
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes

Bring back the blue dot and notification number!

I realize this has been talked about alot previously. But I have not heard anything new for almost 2 years. It is such a pain to scour through playlists for songs without this feature Any chance we'll be getting this back in the near future?Or is it ...

• I realize this has been talked about alot previously. But I have not heard anything new for almost 2 years.   It is such a pain to scour through playlists for songs without this feature &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with Spotify and Dolby Audio

Hi guys I have had my computer for a couple of weeks. No problem until now when I realised that Spotify creates troubles with the Dolby Audio program (Windows 10). It works fine when I click on the "custom setting" - Dolby Audio has "movie, music, ga...

• Hi guys   I have had my computer for a couple of weeks. No problem until now when I realised that Spotify creates troubles with the Dolby Audio program (Windows 10). It works fine when I click...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Media keys in client open web player when active

Hello fellow music listeners,Whenever I am listening using the desktop client, and google chrome is the active window and I press one of my media keys (play, stop, next, previous song) on my keyboard, it opens the web version of spotify. Is there any...

• Hello fellow music listeners, Whenever I am listening using the desktop client, and google chrome is the active window and I press one of my media keys (play, stop, next, previous song) on my keyboa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Holding Media Skip forward or back causes softlock

Holding the skip keys on my keyboard causes a softlock where the application will not allow for playing any song except the song that was playing when the softlock occured, problem only fixed by closing and restarting the application.

• Casual Listener
  • Holding the skip keys on my keyboard causes a softlock where the application will not allow for playing any song except the song that was playing when the softlock occured, problem only fixed by clos...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot play any track in Spotify "This song is not available"

I have just gotten an issue in Spotify which I have never seen happen before, but essentially I have had Spotify open for well over 3 hours now, not being used, just loaded in the background of my Windows 8.1 machine (I know that Windows 10 had some ...

BrokenSpotify.png
  • Gig Goer
  • I have just gotten an issue in Spotify which I have never seen happen before, but essentially I have had Spotify open for well over 3 hours now, not being used, just loaded in the background of my Wi...
  • comeheresparrow
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes