Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify Freezes on Windows 7, uninstalling and ending it in task manager does not work.

Every time I try to open Spotify it opens and closes a few times and then completely lags the **bleep** out of my PC. I have uninstalled it throught deleting the App data (since it wouldn't uninstall by itself) but to no avail. At least I know now th...

• Every time I try to open Spotify it opens and closes a few times and then completely lags the **bleep** out of my PC. I have uninstalled it throught deleting the App data (since it wouldn't uninstall...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are the like buttons?

Hi there, Just wondering if I got this right. I read that you can "Like" tracks and that spotify will then play more tracks similar to the ones you "like" the problem is I can't find any like button in my desktop app. I have googled and searched ever...

• Hi there,   Just wondering if I got this right.   I read that you can "Like" tracks and that spotify will then play more tracks similar to the ones you "like"   the problem...
  • mamers
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 16 likes

Random songs in playlist start in the middle of the song

Odd thing that just started happening on my laptop, I was playing songs from the 'Bass Face' playlist and whenever I select to play a song, or a song finishes and goes on to the next one it will more often than not start the song anywhere from 30 sec...

• Odd thing that just started happening on my laptop, I was playing songs from the 'Bass Face' playlist and whenever I select to play a song, or a song finishes and goes on to the next one it will more...
  • weinerillan
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify doesn't sync local files( "Waiting for download")

Hey Guys, I wanted to sync some local files from my pc to my phone, but the only message I get when I want to sync the files is "waiting for download". I already tried reinstalling the app and the pc client and turning off my firewall. Didn't work at...

• Hey Guys,   I wanted to sync some local files from my pc to my phone, but the only message I get when I want to sync the files is "waiting for download". I already tried reinstalling the app a...
  • Legitskillz82
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Combining a "starred" list with my saved songs

Just doing a bit of housework... Can I add my "starred" song list to my saved songs and just get a single list? How's it done?

• Regular
  • Just doing a bit of housework...  Can I add my "starred" song list to my saved songs and just get a single list?  How's it done?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Laptop freezes (Win10) every time I start & close Spotify

Hello, I have this problem with Spotify. As much as I love it, and stopped using my regular player cause of Spotify I'm recently experiencing a problem with starting Spotify and closing. I used program before but I switched to the one you can get fro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have this problem with Spotify. As much as I love it, and stopped using my regular player cause of Spotify I'm recently experiencing a problem with starting Spotify and closing. I used progr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • freeze
    PC
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Laptop

Have subscribed to premium which works fine on my devices but only the free version appears on laptop. Have reinstalled and logged in but still the same. Any ideas please?

• Have subscribed to premium which works fine on my devices but only the free version appears on laptop. Have reinstalled and logged in but still the same. Any ideas please?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Static and pausing during one song in particular

I only have this issue when listening to Cows - Terrifique. I have high quality enabled, and hardware acceleration turned off. I don't have this issue with any other songs.

• I only have this issue when listening to Cows - Terrifique. I have high quality enabled, and hardware acceleration turned off. I don't have this issue with any other songs.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums are disapearing from playlists, help!

There are albums that I've had saved in my playlists for months, if not years that are disappearing. Such albums include but are not limited to Chasing Safety's "Nomad", Halestorm's "ReAniMate 3.0: The Covers Ep", and a Soul Asylum album, of which at...

• Regular
  • There are albums that I've had saved in my playlists for months, if not years that are disappearing. Such albums include but are not limited to Chasing Safety's "Nomad", Halestorm's "ReAniMate 3.0: T...
  • rckstr1123
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What are the required cookies to get Account Overview working?

I block 3rd party cookies on my browser and I was adding my sister to the Spotify Premium for Family account and I kept getting an error until I allowed cookies and had to reload 3 times because new cookies kept popping up. The amount of 3rd party co...

• I block 3rd party cookies on my browser and I was adding my sister to the Spotify Premium for Family account and I kept getting an error until I allowed cookies and had to reload 3 times because new ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant pausing

When I'm trying to listen to my music it pauses every few seconds and shows a banner that says Error: cannot play song at this time or something. This is really agrivating, does anyone have a solution.

• When I'm trying to listen to my music it pauses every few seconds and shows a banner that says Error: cannot play song at this time or something. This is really agrivating, does anyone have a solutio...
  • rckstr1123
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! WHERE DID THE FILES LAND ??

My first time use .. I downloaded the songs onto my hard drive, but don't know where they landed. Help please

• Casual Listener
  • My first time use .. I downloaded the songs onto my hard drive, but don't know where they landed. Help please
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify SUCKS!

Every time I have installed Spotify on my computer, it doesn't work. It skips songs, plays a whole 10 seconds, then switches to another song or it will just not play any sound but show the song like it is playing. I have done everything that has been...

• Every time I have installed Spotify on my computer, it doesn't work. It skips songs, plays a whole 10 seconds, then switches to another song or it will just not play any sound but show the song like ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 16 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 16 likes

Browse page doesn't work

Hello, I got a problem. When i click browse option (I'm not sure about the translation. In polish language is "przegladaj") - that page, thats shows you music by your mood (hop-hop, rock, party etc.) there is an information "an erorr" and "page not f...

• Hello,   I got a problem. When i click browse option (I'm not sure about the translation. In polish language is "przegladaj") - that page, thats shows you music by your mood (hop-hop, rock, pa...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify & Airfoil

Hi, I'm trying to use Airfoil with Spotify. I'm required to set the spotify app as source, however I cannot locate it anywhere on my laptop... I'm running windows 10. When I search for spotify in explorer I can't find it anywhere... I need an .exe fi...

• Hi,   I'm trying to use Airfoil with Spotify. I'm required to set the spotify app as source, however I cannot locate it anywhere on my laptop... I'm running windows 10. When I search for spoti...
  • nath0r
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

AKER release firewall

What IP's and Ports have to release, for windows application to work? thank you

• What IP's and Ports have to release, for windows application to work?   thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas al reproducir musica

Llevo unas semanas en las que al reproducir cualquier lista o disco, me reproduce solo unos segundos de la cancion y me salta a la siguiente, haciendo exactamente lo mismo. He probado a cerrar la aplicacion en el ordenador y otros dispositivos y el p...

• Llevo unas semanas en las que al reproducir cualquier lista o disco, me reproduce solo unos segundos de la cancion y me salta a la siguiente, haciendo exactamente lo mismo. He probado a cerrar la apl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloading playlist to desktop

When you've download a playlist to a computer is the song streamed if you're still connected to the Internet? I would like to download the songs and play them from my computer to save bandwidth.

• When you've download a playlist to a computer is the song streamed if you're still connected to the Internet? I would like to download the songs and play them from my computer to save bandwidth.
  • NormF
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Window does not maximize properly

When maximizing the Spotifiy window its content does not maximize properly to the rest of the screen.When I'm using spotify in a window it is working until a certain kind of resolution. (which is not known)I'm using a resolution of 2560x1440 on my pr...

• Casual Listener
  •   When maximizing the Spotifiy window its content does not maximize properly to the rest of the screen. When I'm using spotify in a window it is working until a certain kind of resolution. (wh...
  • Ianuarius
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes