Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Superuser Contribution Song is not avaible

When I play on the pc a playlist, it always comes back, that the current title can not be played. I go back a track and again, the track can be played at once. how can that be

• Casual Listener
  • When I play on the pc a playlist, it always comes back, that the current title can not be played. I go back a track and again, the track can be played at once. how can that be
  • tommY1213
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 problem

Hello,since I updates my laptop with the creators update in spring the Spotify Program for Windows doesn't work for me anymore. It mostly freezes my laptop, so even the mouse cant move anymore. After many clean-installs, driver-checks and so on I tri...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, since I updates my laptop with the creators update in spring the Spotify Program for Windows doesn't work for me anymore. It mostly freezes my laptop, so even the mouse cant move anymore...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps freezing up Windows!

Everytime I open Spotify on my Windows 10, it tries to load, then freezes up my whole computer, even my mouse. Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't work so I have to do a hard restart. I've tried installing/uninstalling Flash, Enabling/Unenabling firewalls but th...

• Everytime I open Spotify on my Windows 10, it tries to load, then freezes up my whole computer, even my mouse. Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't work so I have to do a hard restart. I've tried installing/...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't maximize properly on my second monitor

Attached is what happens when I try to maximize Spotify on my second monitor. I'm able to maximize it on my primary monitor which is 3200x1800. My secondary monitor is 2560x1440 but won't maximize properly at that or any other resolution. My OS is Wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Attached is what happens when I try to maximize Spotify on my second monitor. I'm able to maximize it on my primary monitor which is 3200x1800. My secondary monitor is 2560x1440 but won't maximize pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Windows 10] Randomly stops playing

Brief description of the issue: Spotify client just stopping after around 20 or 30 songs.Steps to reproduce the issue:Start a radio (doesn't matter which)Let it play through 20 to 30 songsWhat steps you’ve tried already:Reinstalled SpotifyInstalled K...

WX9YgOAqSIybWE3h-n7xyg QTz4DNA1T8OIGbiYQjMDUA
  • Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Spotify client just stopping after around 20 or 30 songs. Steps to reproduce the issue: Start a radio (doesn't matter which) Let it play through 20 to 30 song...
  • halitalf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Collaboration Question

I'm new to this, so please bear with me. But from the forums, help, and community, I cannot find the correct answer to this. If I make a playlist collaborative, can it be limited to a single friend, or is this across all friends or whoever follows? I...

• Regular
  • I'm new to this, so please bear with me. But from the forums, help, and community, I cannot find the correct answer to this.   If I make a playlist collaborative, can it be limited to a single...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

Local file settings need 2 changes: 1) We need the ability to manually delete them because it doesn't do this even if we delete the songs from the local file 2) If we update the title/artist/album, it does not update in the local list once it has bee...

• Regular
  • Local file settings need 2 changes:   1) We need the ability to manually delete them because it doesn't do this even if we delete the songs from the local file   2) If we update the tit...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Windows Desktop Player - Hangs on Startup and Not Starting

Hi - over the past weeks (since recent desktop player updates) I've been having problems where the Spotify Windows hangs on startup and will not start. I've tried the solutions suggested elsewhere but the problem just returns after a short time. I co...

• Regular
  • Hi - over the past weeks (since recent desktop player updates) I've been having problems where the Spotify Windows hangs on startup and will not start. I've tried the solutions suggested elsewhere bu...
  • k-wa
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 10: Media Controls not showing up

Hello, I've searched the whole internet without any solution...The windows 10 media controls are not showing for me for Spotify if I turn up or lower the volume via the control keys of my keyboard. It's working on my laptop and my Windows 10 surface,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I've searched the whole internet without any solution... The windows 10 media controls are not showing for me for Spotify if I turn up or lower the volume via the control keys of my ...
  • its__daniel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't connect to the Internet

Hello everyone, i have this small issue with spotify since yesterday. On my Desktop App spotify says i can't connect to the Internet.All other Internet functions are working just fine.This is what i tried so far:Reinstall Spotify,Restart Computer,Res...

• Hello everyone,   i have this small issue with spotify since yesterday.   On my Desktop App spotify says i can't connect to the Internet. All other Internet functions are working just ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download Song from Spotify Premium

Is there any way you can download songs with Spotify Premium? As a musician I would be very good to have the possibility, because I could transcribe complete songs and solos with the superior sound quality that has Spotify Premium.

• Is there any way you can download songs with Spotify Premium? As a musician I would be very good to have the possibility, because I could transcribe complete songs and solos with the superior sound q...
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

is there a way to upload my music to playlist and then removing from my local files?

Well, i have a youtube channel where i would like to upload the musics to the spotify, the thing is that i have to get this music stored on my computer or it will disappear. isn't there a way to keep music on my spotify playlist after i deleted them ...

• Casual Listener
  • Well, i have a youtube channel where i would like to upload the musics to the spotify, the thing is that i have to get this music stored on my computer or it will disappear. isn't there a way to keep...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any costumer support?

Since i haven't gotten an aswer to my previous post i'm wondering if there is any costumer support. I'm really thinking of unsubscribing to spotify since what happended to my library or if it doesn't have any solution. Thanks.

• Regular
  • Since i haven't gotten an aswer to my previous post i'm wondering if there is any costumer support. I'm really thinking of unsubscribing to spotify since what happended to my library or if it doesn't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play the current song" error message

For the past two days I cannot play any songs on my Windows machine. I click play and 1-2 seconds later the message "Can't play the current song" appears in a blue outline. I've restarted the application several times. That makes no difference. How t...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past two days I cannot play any songs on my Windows machine.  I click play and 1-2 seconds later the message "Can't play the current song" appears in a blue outline.  I've restarted...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Display Option

In my spotify display options, I don't have the option to enable the Song-Popup UI, help please!

• Casual Listener
  • In my spotify display options, I don't have the option to enable the Song-Popup UI, help please!
  • xHowlx
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Win 10 Store App: Offline Storage Loc Not Saved

It won't save a change to the offline storage location in advanced preferences in the newly downloaded Windows 10 Store version of the app.

• Music Fan
  • It won't save a change to the offline storage location in advanced preferences in the newly downloaded Windows 10 Store version of the app.
  • notebene
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

music very soft

Hi, Music that i play from spotify is very soft on my bluetooth speaker. Other players play the music very louder. regards, Sander

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Music that i play from spotify is very soft on my bluetooth speaker. Other players play the music very louder.   regards,   Sander
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

song stops for 1 sec and goes on again

hi all i have a problem sins today i play a song and nothing wrong but then it stops for like 1 sec and goes on again i updated everything nothing works i have premium

• hi all i have a problem sins today i play a song and nothing wrong but then it stops for like 1 sec and goes on again i updated everything nothing works i have premium
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

All songs greyed out

Hi, I have been trying to figure out what it going on with my playlists. I woke up a few days ago and all my songs were greyed out. I can still find the greyed out songs on spotify and play them, but I have been building playlists for a long time and...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have been trying to figure out what it going on with my playlists. I woke up a few days ago and all my songs were greyed out. I can still find the greyed out songs on spotify and play them, but...
  • newrkv
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No album page will load today

No matter which album page I attempt to load now, I get the standard (very helpful) error message "Something went wrong - Please try again later." This occurs even if I attempt to view the page for an album I'm currently listening to - obviously it i...

• Regular
  • No matter which album page I attempt to load now, I get the standard (very helpful) error message "Something went wrong - Please try again later." This occurs even if I attempt to view the page for a...
  • FantasticWonder
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes