Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • D1Ck3n
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • lazypapertiger
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

unable to make songs available offline

Yesterday everything worked fine, today i can no longer make songs available offline.the "circling arrows" appear, but other then that, nothing happens, as if the dl didnt start. the premium status is still good, theres plenty of storage on the pc, i...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday everything worked fine, today i can no longer make songs available offline. the "circling arrows" appear, but other then that, nothing happens, as if the dl didnt start.  the premium...
  • SomeoneElse00
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 App / Win32 Application

How is the future for the legacy Spotigy application? Will you continue to add features to both or only to the Store-App? Is the legacy application "discontinued"? Thx...

• Roadie
  • How is the future for the legacy Spotigy application? Will you continue to add features to both or only to the Store-App? Is the legacy application "discontinued"?   Thx...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle range

I have found some posts related to this, but would still like to point out my current problem: Playing "My Songs" with shuffle results in a very limited number of songs being shuffled - every time the same! I have 3600 songs and would like to have an...

• Roadie
  • I have found some posts related to this, but would still like to point out my current problem: Playing "My Songs" with shuffle results in a very limited number of songs being shuffled - every time th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do you change the log in setting back to unremember

Have logged into work desktop but accidentally clicked "remember me" for the password... & won't let me log out. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but didn't give log in screen to be able to go back to "unremember me" option.. is there a way to st...

• Casual Listener
  • Have logged into work desktop but accidentally clicked "remember me" for the password... & won't let me log out.  Tried uninstalling and re-installing but didn't give log in screen to be abl...
  • dukati111
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts: How do I Mark As Played?

Apologies if this is a duplicate post, but none of the prior posts seemed to have any answers. Heard your ad, so I just went to switch over listening to my favorite podcast on Spotify. However, it now shows hundreds of episodes as "unplayed." I don't...

• Regular
  • Apologies if this is a duplicate post, but none of the prior posts seemed to have any answers.   Heard your ad, so I just went to switch over listening to my favorite podcast on Spotify. Howev...
  • BigMick
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 32 likes

Need to stream to my Onkyo receiver

For years I used the built in app on the Onkyo received for listening to Spotify premium. Now Spotify yanked it and I cannot find a suitable streaming unit the connects and still retains the hi bitrate that I had with my received and premium account....

• For years I used the built in app on the Onkyo received for listening to Spotify premium.  Now Spotify yanked it and I cannot find a suitable streaming unit the connects and still retains the hi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Não é possivel tocar a musica atual spotify

Sou usuário Premium do Spotify, utilizo o mesmo no Windows 10 e após as últimas atualizações o player fica disparando a mensagem "não é possível tocar a música atual Spotify" quando vai trocar de uma música para a outra. Mesmo playlists baixadas no c...

• Casual Listener
  • Sou usuário Premium do Spotify, utilizo o mesmo no Windows 10 e após as últimas atualizações o player fica disparando a mensagem "não é possível tocar a música atual Spotify" quando vai trocar de uma...
  • blomersi
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Troubleshoot Tracks Continuously Skipping

Good moorningI recently restarted my laptop which runs Windows 8, HP Zbook I attempted to open the spotify application which was successfulI clicked the radio link, (all playlists are populating radio and created)Accessed recent station played, stati...

• Casual Listener
  • Good moorning I recently restarted my laptop which runs Windows 8, HP Zbook   I attempted to open the spotify application which was successful I clicked the radio link, (all playlists are po...
  • Jfyffe
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Error code 11

Hi, I keep on recieveing error code 11, not enough disk space/memmory during install. However I have 51gb free (out of 215gb), and I have 8gb of RAM running win 7 so I do not see a problem. Can you please help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I keep on recieveing error code 11, not enough disk space/memmory during install.   However I have 51gb free (out of 215gb), and I have 8gb of RAM running win 7 so I do not see a ...
  • stevengupta
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

All lost! After login all my playlist and my music gone!

This morning afer I logged in all my stuff (all my playlists, all my songs) where gone. I had 4 years of activity on Spotify, now all is lost!I could recover the playlists from my account webpage (they appear as been deleted today), but I can't recov...

• This morning afer I logged in all my stuff (all my playlists, all my songs) where gone. I had 4 years of activity on Spotify, now all is lost! I could recover the playlists from my account webpage (...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't open - Windows 7

Hello, and welcome to another won't open post. I've seached through many of these threads for a solution, but none exactly match my specs and or problem I'm experiencing. Basically it either crashes right as its opening, or I get "Spotify has stopped...

• Regular
  • Hello, and welcome to another won't open post. I've seached through many of these threads for a solution, but none exactly match my specs and or problem I'm experiencing. Basically it either cras...
  • mikerock_1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

not working?

I have spotify premium, and i have it on my xbox,phone, and i just got it on my laptop. it works great on my phone and xbox, however, I have encuntered a probem. At first, it was working great, but after about 30 minutes, all of my music stopped work...

• I have spotify premium, and i have it on my xbox,phone, and i just got it on my laptop. it works great on my phone and xbox, however, I have encuntered a probem. At first, it was working great, but a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

exporting a playlist to my laptop, is this possible?

I'm trying to create a playlist for our school halloween disco and I've created a playlist. How can I get this music onto my laptop so I can burn to a disc?Help!!!

• I'm trying to create a playlist for our school halloween disco and I've created a playlist. How can I get this music onto my laptop so I can burn to a disc? Help!!!
  • jarredmorley
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide/Unhide suggested Playlist

Hi. I've pressed the option hide on the suggested playlist but now I can't go back!!How can I solve it?Thx in advance

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I've pressed the option hide on the suggested playlist but now I can't go back!! How can I solve it? Thx in advance 🙂
  • jarredmorley
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer edit playlist cover?

Just switched back to Spotify, and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure on the desktop version you used to be able to click the cover of playlists to change the picture to one from your computer. Is this not possible any more? Is there a diffe...

• Casual Listener
  • Just switched back to Spotify, and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure on the desktop version you used to be able to click the cover of playlists to change the picture to one from your comput...
  • LeoRager
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Are you still able to restore this? I'd love a playlist of songs and albums that were in my messages.

• Casual Listener
  • Are you still able to restore this? I'd love a playlist of songs and albums that were in my messages.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no tech support, no music. my music i own is not showing up.

and also, oddly enough, music i sure do not own, is showing up in my music.where did that go?all my music was bought years ago, music i own and saved to my computer yet only some of it shows up in spotify.i was using groove, but since that is going a...

• Regular
  • and also, oddly enough, music i sure do not own, is showing up in my music. where did that go? all my music was bought years ago, music i own and saved to my computer yet only some of it shows up i...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not displaying correct Artwork

So I have several albums in my local files that feature unique artwork on each individual song, however Spotify displays them as one singular artwork per album. Windows Media Player shows them correctly, as well as tag viewers display them. Yes, the ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have several albums in my local files that feature unique artwork on each individual song, however Spotify displays them as one singular artwork per album. Windows Media Player shows them correc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music editting

I play the music for high school sports. Is there a way to edit playlists to include snip its of songs vs the entire song?

• I play the music for high school sports.  Is there a way to edit playlists to include snip its of songs vs the entire song?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting not working within artist pages

When browsing an artist's albums on their artist page, I cannot sort the songs within their albums by popularity, time, etc. This has always been something that has bothered me and I have wondered when it will be fixed. I know that search results are...

• Casual Listener
  • When browsing an artist's albums on their artist page, I cannot sort the songs within their albums by popularity, time, etc. This has always been something that has bothered me and I have wondered wh...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes