Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Re: You didn't subscribe and had one inbox conversation?

Hi. I posted my disappointment over the inbox like hundreds of other people- several months ago. Why are you emailing me today?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I posted my disappointment over the inbox like hundreds of other people - several months ago. Why are you emailing me today?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

You didn't subscribe and had one inbox conversation?

Seriously? You have never even signed up to Spotify and had one little conversation in the inbox and you're mad? I can understand those who utilized this function for years.Talk about jumping on the bandwagon.

• Casual Listener
  • Seriously? You have never even signed up to Spotify and had one little conversation in the inbox and you're mad? I can understand those who utilized this function for years.Talk about jumping on the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving 10000 "limit capped" songs to a playlist, the playlist only contains 9200 songs.

To workaround the 10000 songs limit cap in my Songs section, I move them all to a playlist, so that my Songs section can be deleted, so that I can fill up the Songs section again, with another 10000 songs. So I copy and paste all of my 10000 songs to...

• Music Fan
  • To workaround the 10000 songs limit cap in my Songs section, I move them all to a playlist, so that my Songs section can be deleted, so that I can fill up the Songs section again, with another 10000 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App forces song redownload on Laptop

So I've had Premium for almost a year now, and this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened. I opened up my laptop this morning to start playing music. I have poor internet, so it says there's no internet connection. Sweet, no problem, Spotify has o...

• So I've had Premium for almost a year now, and this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened.   I opened up my laptop this morning to start playing music. I have poor internet, so it says ther...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error Code: 18 Please Help

I listen to spotify constantly and need help. I have uninstalled for a clean re-installation, but while i downloaded the installer, it gives me error 18: "The installer is unable to install Spotify because the files to write are in use by another pro...

• Casual Listener
  • I listen to spotify constantly and need help.  I have uninstalled for a clean re-installation, but while i downloaded the installer, it gives me error 18: "The installer is unable to install Spo...
  • crazygrace47
  • 42 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 42 replies
  • 2 likes

Download all songs in my library

In the mobile app (iOS), the Download switch is available for all Songs in Your Library. Why isn't the same option available for the Windows 10 app? I just bought a Surface Pro that I plan to bring on flights quite often. I don't organize all of my m...

• In the mobile app (iOS), the Download switch is available for all Songs in Your Library. Why isn't the same option available for the Windows 10 app?   I just bought a Surface Pro that I p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

unable to make songs available offline

Yesterday everything worked fine, today i can no longer make songs available offline.the "circling arrows" appear, but other then that, nothing happens, as if the dl didnt start. the premium status is still good, theres plenty of storage on the pc, i...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday everything worked fine, today i can no longer make songs available offline. the "circling arrows" appear, but other then that, nothing happens, as if the dl didnt start.  the premium...
  • SomeoneElse00
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 App / Win32 Application

How is the future for the legacy Spotigy application? Will you continue to add features to both or only to the Store-App? Is the legacy application "discontinued"? Thx...

• Roadie
  • How is the future for the legacy Spotigy application? Will you continue to add features to both or only to the Store-App? Is the legacy application "discontinued"?   Thx...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle range

I have found some posts related to this, but would still like to point out my current problem: Playing "My Songs" with shuffle results in a very limited number of songs being shuffled - every time the same! I have 3600 songs and would like to have an...

• Roadie
  • I have found some posts related to this, but would still like to point out my current problem: Playing "My Songs" with shuffle results in a very limited number of songs being shuffled - every time th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do you change the log in setting back to unremember

Have logged into work desktop but accidentally clicked "remember me" for the password... & won't let me log out. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but didn't give log in screen to be able to go back to "unremember me" option.. is there a way to st...

• Casual Listener
  • Have logged into work desktop but accidentally clicked "remember me" for the password... & won't let me log out.  Tried uninstalling and re-installing but didn't give log in screen to be abl...
  • dukati111
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts: How do I Mark As Played?

Apologies if this is a duplicate post, but none of the prior posts seemed to have any answers. Heard your ad, so I just went to switch over listening to my favorite podcast on Spotify. However, it now shows hundreds of episodes as "unplayed." I don't...

• Regular
  • Apologies if this is a duplicate post, but none of the prior posts seemed to have any answers.   Heard your ad, so I just went to switch over listening to my favorite podcast on Spotify. Howev...
  • BigMick
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 32 likes

Need to stream to my Onkyo receiver

For years I used the built in app on the Onkyo received for listening to Spotify premium. Now Spotify yanked it and I cannot find a suitable streaming unit the connects and still retains the hi bitrate that I had with my received and premium account....

• For years I used the built in app on the Onkyo received for listening to Spotify premium.  Now Spotify yanked it and I cannot find a suitable streaming unit the connects and still retains the hi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Não é possivel tocar a musica atual spotify

Sou usuário Premium do Spotify, utilizo o mesmo no Windows 10 e após as últimas atualizações o player fica disparando a mensagem "não é possível tocar a música atual Spotify" quando vai trocar de uma música para a outra. Mesmo playlists baixadas no c...

• Casual Listener
  • Sou usuário Premium do Spotify, utilizo o mesmo no Windows 10 e após as últimas atualizações o player fica disparando a mensagem "não é possível tocar a música atual Spotify" quando vai trocar de uma...
  • blomersi
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Troubleshoot Tracks Continuously Skipping

Good moorningI recently restarted my laptop which runs Windows 8, HP Zbook I attempted to open the spotify application which was successfulI clicked the radio link, (all playlists are populating radio and created)Accessed recent station played, stati...

• Casual Listener
  • Good moorning I recently restarted my laptop which runs Windows 8, HP Zbook   I attempted to open the spotify application which was successful I clicked the radio link, (all playlists are po...
  • Jfyffe
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Error code 11

Hi, I keep on recieveing error code 11, not enough disk space/memmory during install. However I have 51gb free (out of 215gb), and I have 8gb of RAM running win 7 so I do not see a problem. Can you please help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I keep on recieveing error code 11, not enough disk space/memmory during install.   However I have 51gb free (out of 215gb), and I have 8gb of RAM running win 7 so I do not see a ...
  • stevengupta
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

All lost! After login all my playlist and my music gone!

This morning afer I logged in all my stuff (all my playlists, all my songs) where gone. I had 4 years of activity on Spotify, now all is lost!I could recover the playlists from my account webpage (they appear as been deleted today), but I can't recov...

• This morning afer I logged in all my stuff (all my playlists, all my songs) where gone. I had 4 years of activity on Spotify, now all is lost! I could recover the playlists from my account webpage (...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't open - Windows 7

Hello, and welcome to another won't open post. I've seached through many of these threads for a solution, but none exactly match my specs and or problem I'm experiencing. Basically it either crashes right as its opening, or I get "Spotify has stopped...

• Regular
  • Hello, and welcome to another won't open post. I've seached through many of these threads for a solution, but none exactly match my specs and or problem I'm experiencing. Basically it either cras...
  • mikerock_1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

not working?

I have spotify premium, and i have it on my xbox,phone, and i just got it on my laptop. it works great on my phone and xbox, however, I have encuntered a probem. At first, it was working great, but after about 30 minutes, all of my music stopped work...

• I have spotify premium, and i have it on my xbox,phone, and i just got it on my laptop. it works great on my phone and xbox, however, I have encuntered a probem. At first, it was working great, but a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

exporting a playlist to my laptop, is this possible?

I'm trying to create a playlist for our school halloween disco and I've created a playlist. How can I get this music onto my laptop so I can burn to a disc?Help!!!

• I'm trying to create a playlist for our school halloween disco and I've created a playlist. How can I get this music onto my laptop so I can burn to a disc? Help!!!
  • jarredmorley
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide/Unhide suggested Playlist

Hi. I've pressed the option hide on the suggested playlist but now I can't go back!!How can I solve it?Thx in advance

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I've pressed the option hide on the suggested playlist but now I can't go back!! How can I solve it? Thx in advance 🙂
  • jarredmorley
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes