Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • RealNC
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • shark1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

cannot add my music from alternate location

I just switched from groove to spotify, after moving my music.but groove was getting all my music from a location different from where spotify wants to go looking for it.so in preferences, i see i can add a new location for spotify to go looking for ...

• Regular
  • I just switched from groove to spotify, after moving my music. but groove was getting all my music from a location different from where spotify wants to go looking for it. so in preferences, i see ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlists are now "Made by Spotify" and therefore I am unable to edit them?

So about three months ago I made some playlists on Spotify. Now I have come back to those playlists and attempted to add more songs to them but I am unable to as I no longer own them I just "follow" them and they all say "Made by Spotify". How do I f...

• Casual Listener
  • So about three months ago I made some playlists on Spotify. Now I have come back to those playlists and attempted to add more songs to them but I am unable to as I no longer own them I just "follow" ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All songs not playing. I keep getting a "This song is not available."

Ive tried everything to uninstalling, unchecking all Local Files boxes and nothing works. Everytime I try to play any song on my Spotify I get a message that states. "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it...

• Ive tried everything to uninstalling, unchecking all Local Files boxes and nothing works. Everytime I try to play any song on my Spotify I get a message that states. "This song is not available. If y...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! does the app take up more processing than the webpage?

I love the Spotify app and its music, and I was wondering if the app takes up more processing than the webpage because I want to listen to my music while using applications that take up at least half of my processing power, making most other applicat...

• I love the Spotify app and its music, and I was wondering if the app takes up more processing than the webpage because I want to listen to my music while using applications that take up at least half...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cortana issues with Spotify

I recently moved from Groove (sadness) to Spotify and initially Cortana worked for opening the app and playing music. But after turning off Groove integration with Cortana, suddenly I can't get Cortana and Spotify to work. I've enabled Spotify in Cor...

• I recently moved from Groove (sadness) to Spotify and initially Cortana worked for opening the app and playing music. But after turning off Groove integration with Cortana, suddenly I can't get Corta...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Pofile Pictures

Hi i cant seem to be able to post a profile picture on my account. i have googled it looked at the spotify communtiy and tried on my mac, windows and iPhone and it just wont let me do it.

• Hi i cant seem to be able to post a profile picture on my account. i have googled it looked at the spotify communtiy and tried on my mac, windows and iPhone and it just wont let me do it.
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Connect my phone as a remote

Hi everyone, Basicly I have a trouble connecting my phone as a remote for my pc.My pc isnt connect on the same wifi, actualy it's a wired connection so no wifi at all. Is there a way for my phone to communicate with my pc ? Thank you all

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   Basicly I have a trouble connecting my phone as a remote for my pc. My pc isnt connect on the same wifi, actualy it's a wired connection so no wifi at all.   Is there a ...
  • unclesilas
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

error code 17 windows 8

I have tried EVERYTHING people have suggested for this problem. NOTHING has worked. The weird thing is, it has worked on the same computer, just days before. I deleted it and now I can't download it again

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried EVERYTHING people have suggested for this problem. NOTHING has worked. The weird thing is, it has worked on the same computer, just days before. I deleted it and now I can't download it ...
  • LeoRager
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! error code 17

How to resolve your error code 17 on window 7, it been 2 and a half months and you still have not resolve this situation.

• How to resolve your error code 17 on window 7, it been 2 and a half months and you still have not resolve this situation.
  • Rubyisme
  • Casual Listener
  • 88 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 88 replies
  • 10 likes

Can't hear music but can on browser - Windows 10

Very weird. Just dowloaded the Windows 10 client and signed in with Premium account. When I click a song, it says "Can't play song" and the computer is silent. I can play YouTube videos and can play spotify in the Chrome Browser. But the desktop clie...

• Casual Listener
  • Very weird.  Just dowloaded the Windows 10 client and signed in with Premium account.  When I click a song, it says "Can't play song" and the computer is silent.  I can play YouTube vi...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reverting to an older version.

In the latest update Spotify have removed another feature. This time it's the full release date of tracks; now it shows the year only. This is a deal-breaker for me. As a compiler of a new release playlist I need this information. So I have to revert...

• Roadie
  • In the latest update Spotify have removed another feature. This time it's the full release date of tracks; now it shows the year only.   This is a deal-breaker for me. As a compiler of a ...
  • gareth8
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Add A Source not working as intented

I'm trying to add a song I made to local files, however whenever I try to add a source, it won't show up. How every, every other sound file will show up in local files even though I haven't added them in any way. Any advice? P.S. the song file is an ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to add a song I made to local files, however whenever I try to add a source, it won't show up. How every, every other sound file will show up in local files even though I haven't adde...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist mix

Hello, I need to listen a playlist which automatically change music like a mix (at any moment of all music). It worked with this playlist : "This is: Hardwell" but I can't reproduce it. Any one can help me please ? Thank you

• Hello,   I need to listen a playlist which automatically change music like a mix (at any moment of all music).   It worked with this playlist : "This is: Hardwell" but I can't reproduce...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse content not refreshing

The content in the browse section of the desktop app no longer refreshes and there is no way to force a reload. The only thing you can do is close spotify and re-open it. This is with regard to the playlist rotator. This morning, it had music suggest...

• Casual Listener
  • The content in the browse section of the desktop app no longer refreshes and there is no way to force a reload.   The only thing you can do is close spotify and re-open it.   This is wi...
  • heyhayden
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Every 30 seconds: Oooops, something went wrong with the playback. Reload

Every 30 seconds i get on webplayer "Oooops, something went wrong with the playback. Reload" but still working. What is going on? Is annoying me badly.I tried everything to fix it including incognito so don't tell me "do this".Version 62.0.3202.75 (O...

• Roadie
  • Every 30 seconds i get on webplayer "Oooops, something went wrong with the playback. Reload" but still working. What is going on? Is annoying me badly. I tried everything to fix it including incogni...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

recommendations that exist in other playlist

I realy like the recommendations but a problem is, that songs that allready exist in other playlist will not filtered out. Would be nice if all songs existing in any playlist will never shown as an recommendation. That would help much to prevent for ...

• I realy like the recommendations but a problem is, that songs that allready exist in other playlist will not filtered out. Would be nice if all songs existing in any playlist will never shown as...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Connect] Show Chromecast on Desktop's Connect device list

I can only connect to Chromecast when my phone is already connected and playing music. When I don't use my phone the device list on my desktop is empty. Please fix this. I want my desktop to connect to Chromecast without the help of my phone.

• I can only connect to Chromecast when my phone is already connected and playing music. When I don't use my phone the device list on my desktop is empty. Please fix this. I want my desktop to connect ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Search addons

Is there an add-on that finds music on spotify based on files on your computer?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there an add-on that finds music on spotify based on files on your computer?
  • Dave9112
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Serch music from local music automatically

Can i serch from my music archives (local) (.mp3/.wav/..) music in spotify, and for example add it to a playlist?I have a lot of music out of spotify and serch manually takes a long time... Sorry about my english

• Can i serch from my music archives (local) (.mp3/.wav/..) music in spotify, and for example add it to a playlist? I have a lot of music out of spotify and serch manually takes a long time...  ...
  • Dave9112
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes