Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify crashes when playing a folder of playlists

When I try to play a folder containing both playlists and other folders (approx 130 playlists in total in the folder) spotify crashes. It manages to play other folders with less playlists, up to 60 seems ok, but does not seem to be able to manage the...

• When I try to play a folder containing both playlists and other folders (approx 130 playlists in total in the folder) spotify crashes. It manages to play other folders with less playlists, up to 60 s...
  • geiras
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Windows Desktop mouse scroll speed too fast ELAN trackpad

I have been a premium member for about a year. I use the Windows desktop on both Windows 8.1 and now Windows 10. The scroll speed has always been too fast on every Spotify Desktop application I have ever used. Today I am on the latest 1.014.124 g4dfa...

• Music Fan
  • I have been a premium member for about a year.  I use the Windows desktop on both Windows 8.1 and now Windows 10.   The scroll speed has always been too fast on every Spotify Desktop appl...
  • rouvi24
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't listen/play certain songs

For some reason, I am unable to listen to or even play a few songs that I'd recently downloaded. I'm not sure why, but when I look at my list of songs (whether online or on my desktop app) certain songs appear grey(?).,for lack of a better word, and ...

•     For some reason, I am unable to listen to or even play a few songs that I'd recently downloaded. I'm not sure why, but when I look at my list of songs (whether online or on my desktop...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't open - 'application not responding'

About a couple days ago my spotify decided it wasn't going to open. I click on the application, it bounces up and down but doesn't open. when I right click it, it comes up with 'application not responding'. I've just tried removing it and reinstallin...

• About a couple days ago my spotify decided it wasn't going to open. I click on the application, it bounces up and down but doesn't open. when I right click it, it comes up with 'application not respo...
  • alexandrew749jj
  • 217 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 217 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!! i cannot play any nirvana song on spotify and songs are not grayed out.

when i try to play a nirvana song by pressing play button on the left side the play button turns itself to pause button again and app says "this song is not available". the media bar just looks like in the attachment. as i said in the title songs are...

nervana.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • when i try to play a nirvana song by pressing play button on the left side the play button turns itself to pause button again and app says "this song is not available". the media bar just looks like ...
  • bougy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can I play my riped CD's?

I am changing over from Groove Tunes, Windows 10. My ripped CD's do not show on my locals on Spotify. Also, the local songs are listed in song order. Can I get them back to album order?

• Casual Listener
  • I am changing over from Groove Tunes, Windows 10. My ripped CD's do not show on my locals on Spotify. Also, the local songs are listed in song order. Can I get them back to album order?
  • Eirik3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

DRM Enabling

Trying to use Spotify. Following the instructions: If you do not see the yellow bar, you may enable the DRM with these steps:Enter the following into your browser address bar: about:preferences#content.Under DRM content, make sure Play DRM content is...

• Trying to use Spotify. Following the instructions:   If you do not see the yellow bar, you may enable the DRM with these steps: Enter the following into your browser address bar: about:prefe...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bottom of Daily Mix hidden by gradient, play issues

I'm having 3 issues with the Daily Mix lists on my desktop:1. The gradient background from color to black scrolls with the list...which means I can't even read the songs at the bottom because they're on a black background.2. 70% of the songs on the l...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having 3 issues with the Daily Mix lists on my desktop: 1. The gradient background from color to black scrolls with the list...which means I can't even read the songs at the bottom because they'...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Keyboard media keys do not work

I have Windows 10 (15063) on HP Spectre X360 and Spotify 1.0.65. Spotify does not respond to any of the media keys on the laptop keyboard. It used to work before but it stopped (I do not remember when exactly). Any idea what it could be?

• I have Windows 10 (15063) on HP Spectre X360 and Spotify 1.0.65. Spotify does not respond to any of the media keys on the laptop keyboard. It used to work before but it stopped (I do not remember whe...
  • julianowick
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Polish playlists?

Hi,there was a news telling us (in PL), thare are couple of new polish content playlists made by Spotify. How to browse them all, see in one place? For now I see just 2-3 of them showing in the main Spotify window (both windows and android).br/Domini...

• Hi, there was a news telling us (in PL), thare are couple of new polish content playlists made by Spotify. How to browse them all, see in one place? For now I see just 2-3 of them showing in the mai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant see the activity of people I am following

I can't the activity of people I am following on my Spotify Premium account. It used to work perfectly well, but about few months ago, probably due to a new upgrade, all that I can see at the friend's activity window is the option to 'find friends' w...

• I can't the activity of people I am following on my Spotify Premium account. It used to work perfectly well, but about few months ago, probably due to a new upgrade, all that I can see at the friend'...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Off line downloaded playlists, sync between devices.

Hello, despite searches I can't find an answer to this, going either way.Playlist syncing works Fine, as long as we're talking about the playlists themselves, the metadata.Local files work, between and android device and my desktop, putting songs in ...

• Regular
  • Hello, despite searches I can't find an answer to this, going either way. Playlist syncing works Fine, as long as we're talking about the playlists themselves, the metadata. Local files work, betwe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

passaggio a Premium non funziona più riproduzione

dopo essere passato alla versione premium non funziona più in nessun modo la riproduzione da PC con windowsrilascia sempre la dicitura: questo brano non è disponibile.Se il file si trova sul computer puoi importarlo. come si fa?

• Casual Listener
  • dopo essere passato alla versione premium non funziona più in nessun modo la riproduzione da PC con windows rilascia sempre la dicitura: questo brano non è disponibile.Se il file si trova sul comput...
  • alessandralai
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Searching only in followed music

Hi, is there any way, to search by using "tag:new" but only in Artists that i am following? Thanks in advence.

• Hi,   is there any way, to search by using "tag:new" but only in Artists that i am following?   Thanks in advence. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts playing after boot from sleepmode (client/Windows 10)

Whenever I need to close my laptop, I pause my music and close the lid. Whenever I open the lid (reboot from sleepmode) Spotify automatically starts playing the song again. Is there an option to disable this? Thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I need to close my laptop, I pause my music and close the lid. Whenever I open the lid (reboot from sleepmode) Spotify automatically starts playing the song again.   Is there an optio...
  • JeroenBourne
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify flashes dialog box then crashes following update

Hi. The following is occuring for me: Spotify tells me if I restart, it will update.I choose to restart and updateThe next time I try to open Spotify, a dialog box (looks to be a command prompt) flashes up, and immediately closes (before I get a chan...

• Hi.   The following is occuring for me:   Spotify tells me if I restart, it will update. I choose to restart and update The next time I try to open Spotify, a dialog box (looks to be...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops randomly when I open another Windows app in Windows 10

I have two problems that I think is linked. 1. Spotify is fiddeling with the voulme, not much but eough to drive me insane. I have tried everything, from reinstalling the driver to turn of all the audio enhancements.Still the same issue. If I use Win...

• Gig Goer
  • I have two problems that I think is linked.   1. Spotify is fiddeling with the voulme, not much but eough to drive me insane. I have tried everything, from reinstalling the driver to turn of a...
  • RutgerManger
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Amount of songs in a playlist?

I know you can see how many total songs are in a playlist at the top. Is there a way to highlight a chunk of them and Spotify tell you how many are highlighted? Or, is there a way to see how many songs a single user has added to a colloborative playl...

• I know you can see how many total songs are in a playlist at the top. Is there a way to highlight a chunk of them and Spotify tell you how many are highlighted? Or, is there a way to see how many son...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Hello, Could you please restore my inbox playlist too please? Thank you(jarrydfoster@hotmail.com)

• Hello,   Could you please restore my inbox playlist too please? Thank you (jarrydfoster@hotmail.com)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't uninstall Spotify on Windows 7 PC

Hi! On my Windows 7 PC when I go into the Programs and Features to try to uninstall Spotify upon clicking it and pressing uninstall it shows a loading cursor and does nothing. I am not sure why it does this but it is really annoying as I am trying to...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi! On my Windows 7 PC when I go into the Programs and Features to try to uninstall Spotify upon clicking it and pressing uninstall it shows a loading cursor and does nothing. I am not sure why...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes