Where are the like buttons?

15 people liked this

Where are the like buttons?

evo_2020

Hi there,

Just wondering if I got this right.

I read that you can "Like" tracks and that spotify will then play more tracks similar to the ones you "like"

the problem is I can't find any like button in my desktop app.

I have googled and searched everywhere and can't find anyone with the same issue in the windows desktop app.

any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

20 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Where are the like buttons?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Do you mean the thumbs up button?

The thumbs up button only appears when you are using the radio feature.

Here is the guide on how to use the radio feature in the desktop app.

The images are from the old client so it looks a little bit outdated, but it should still help.

Spotify Radio lets you sit back and listen to music you love. The more you personalize the stations to match your tastes the better they 

1. Open Spotify.
  2. Click Radio on the left. 

User-added image
  3. Click New Station.
    New Station button
  4. Enter a track, artist, or playlist then select it to get started.

User-added image

All done! You can create up to twenty stations at a time.

To skip a track, just click Next.

User-added image

Personalize your stations

Just click thumbs up or thumbs down when a track is playing and the station improves to match your tastes.

User-added image

Delete unwanted stations

Simply hover over the station you’d like to delete and click the X in the top corner.

Delete radio stations
MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
5 people liked this

camillo75
Community Legend

Is this available also for Playlists and Albums or only for Radio?

I also have problems finding the buttons.

1 person liked this

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

This is only for radio. Radio keeps playing similar music based on the station you pick. It will be a continuous flow of music.

The purpose of playlists is to add the songs you want to the playlist. You choose the music.

If you want to add a song or album to your collection, click on the + button.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
11 people liked this

camillo75
Community Legend

But when I listen to a playlist made by something else, is it not possible to set like/dislike for a song?

The songs in the Spotify playlists and radio belong to the same song Db of Spotify... why this difference in behaviour?

45 people liked this

felixsc123
Casual Listener

Is no one else bothered by this?  I wanted to switch to spotify from google music, but I probably will go back because of this. 

You should be able to like/dislike any song, no matter whether its in a radio or playlist, it makes no sense.

What I usually did in google music, I searched for a song or album that I like and hit the thumbs up button. In spotify you cant to that... you could right-click the song, start radio station about this song, then like it... 

If you want to add several songs you have to start a radio station for every single one just to like it, its a lot of pointless work.

3 people liked this

marcuslieder
Casual Listener
This option does not work when you take over the radio from your mobile. It means, when I am listening a radio on my mobile device, than starting the desktop app and use it to continue listening with sopitfy connect there are no thumbs up/down buttons appearing.
12 people liked this

Fred_Layd
Casual Listener
I think the same way! I personaly like to download entire álbuns, listen to them and select my best songs. So I can keep them in my device, or at least keep track of them after removing the dowloaded álbum from my phone. Can't find an easy way to do this (as in Google music and even Deezer).
8 people liked this

dserodio

Same here (and ironically, I can't "Like" your comment for some reason)

19 people liked this

ahaynes42

@felixsc123 wrote:

Is no one else bothered by this?  I wanted to switch to spotify from google music, but I probably will go back because of this. 

You should be able to like/dislike any song, no matter whether its in a radio or playlist, it makes no sense.

What I usually did in google music, I searched for a song or album that I like and hit the thumbs up button. In spotify you cant to that... you could right-click the song, start radio station about this song, then like it... 

If you want to add several songs you have to start a radio station for every single one just to like it, its a lot of pointless work.

Yes I'm definitely bothered by this. I decided to give Spotify a try, I've been using Google Play Music for years. You should be able to like/dislike a song no matter where you are playing it. This is an important feature for the service to learn what you like/dislike. Google Music has been awesome with this feature. Only reason I wanted to try Spotify was because  it seems like everybody is on it and sharing playlists with each other, and I was missing out on those playlists. This missing feature might keep from switching to Spotify.

SUGGESTED POSTS