Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • D1Ck3n
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • lazypapertiger
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Repeat problem

So I don't know what exactly happened but my Spotify on Windows keeps on playin Sean Paul! no matter what I do the next song is always Sean Paul and it only happens in my laptop not on my phone please help

• So I don't know what exactly happened but my Spotify on Windows keeps on playin Sean Paul! no matter what I do the next song is always Sean Paul and it only happens in my laptop not on my phone pleas...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover art not showed for local files on Windows when file name includes an apostrophe

Hi! After several hours trying to know why one of my files did not show the cover art on Spotify I found out that it was because of the file name including apostrophe. Please see video of the issue on YouTube:https://youtu.be/M3y6OE-RRcM STEPS TO REP...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! After several hours trying to know why one of my files did not show the cover art on Spotify I found out that it was because of the file name including apostrophe.   Please see video of th...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop app randomly stops playing even with fresh install

My Windowws 10 desktop version of spotify will randomly stop or start playing music. It's frustrating. I found a thread here that said to uninstall and reinstall the app. I'm writing this post coming off a fresh install and...it's still happening. Ha...

• My Windowws 10 desktop version of spotify will randomly stop or start playing music. It's frustrating. I found a thread here that said to uninstall and reinstall the app. I'm writing this post coming...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have the music folder filled of Spotify folders

Is this normal? There are several folders with names of two letters or a number and a letter and are empty, I am almost sure that are connected to Spotify.

• Visitor
  • Is this normal? There are several folders with names of two letters or a number and a letter and are empty, I am almost sure that are connected to Spotify.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop app crashes when adding local files

Hello, As premium spotify user I encounter the issue described above: when adding mp3 files which are stored on my NAS server (appr. 2.700 files), spotify always crashes after a couple of minutes. I recently updated to windows 10 but this could be a ...

• Hello,   As premium spotify user I encounter the issue described above: when adding mp3 files which are stored on my NAS server (appr. 2.700 files), spotify always crashes after a couple of mi...
  • kapteeni
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Wont Log In on Windows 10: Error Code 15

Hi!, I just bought a new cpu with Windows 10 and installed the Spotify app with no issue. When i went to login in however, an error screen appears saying: "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally...

• Hi!, I just bought a new cpu with Windows 10 and installed the Spotify app with no issue. When i went to login in however, an error screen appears saying: "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please ...
  • shiftydude
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

I cant change my profile picture

I change the picture on my PC but on my phone there is only the old oicture and when i reopen Spotify on my PC there is no Picture. Please help!

• I change the picture on my PC but on my phone there is only the old oicture and when i reopen Spotify on my PC there is no Picture. Please help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Most popular cities section in "About tab" removed with current version?

With the previous versions of Spotify there was a section within the "About" tab on the artists page where you could see, in which cities the artist is popular. This obviously has been removed with 1.0.58.566.gdbf8628b Anyone can confirm?

• Roadie
  • With the previous versions of Spotify there was a section within the "About" tab on the artists page where you could see, in which cities the artist is popular.   This obviously has been remov...
  • TaylorH1996
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Shuffle not using all songs in a playlist and I noticed a pattern

Shuffle seems to only be using a couple hundred songs in a playlist of 1000+ songs.I've also noticed that it uses songs around where I am looking in the playlist. I'm going to use imaginary numbers but:Say I'm looking at the begining of the playlist ...

• Shuffle seems to only be using a couple hundred songs in a playlist of 1000+ songs. I've also noticed that it uses songs around where I am looking in the playlist.   I'm going to use imaginar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Free (ads/malware) causes browser to lag

I have been having this issue for a couple days. Spotify Free seems to be trying to connect to possibly malicious sites. It causes music to constantly stop and resume. The Spofity logo in the browser tab flickers. When I switch to the Spotify tab, th...

• I have been having this issue for a couple days. Spotify Free seems to be trying to connect to possibly malicious sites. It causes music to constantly stop and resume. The Spofity logo in the browser...
  • Lizard_2k21
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

does spotify want to f**k me?

Why the f**k do you just tell me that "it doesn't work" when I'm f**king try listening to music? I know that it doesn't f**king work because I don't hear music when I click on play. I'm paying to hear music when ever I want so tell me the f**king pro...

• Why the f**k do you just tell me that "it doesn't work" when I'm f**king try listening to music? I know that it doesn't f**king work because I don't hear music when I click on play. I'm paying to hea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you organize playlists into groups?

Is there a way to organize playlists into folders or groups? For example: Country Music Playlists * John Denver Playlist * Willie Nelson Playlist * Dixie Chicks Playlist * Foot stomping playlist * Old-style bluegrass playlistMood Music Playlists * On...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to organize playlists into folders or groups?   For example:   Country Music Playlists   * John Denver Playlist   * Willie Nelson Playlist   * Dixie Chi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files are greyed out, ripped CDs not importing correctly

On my Windows 10 Home Creators Edition computer with Spotify for Windows 1.0.62.508 installed: I used the Local Files preferences to import over 215 artists and their albums into Spotify (approximately 2900+ songs) by specifying my top-level “C:\Musi...

• Casual Listener
  • On my Windows 10 Home Creators Edition computer with Spotify for Windows 1.0.62.508 installed:   I used the Local Files preferences to import over 215 artists and their albums into Spotify (ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Click to play one song and it plays another

After the latest update to spotify desktop app on Windows, whenever I go to play a song from the "Artist From Your Music" page it doesn't play the song I clicked to play. Instead it just plays a random song. Turning shuffle off doesn't solve the prob...

• Regular
  • After the latest update to spotify desktop app on Windows, whenever I go to play a song from the "Artist From Your Music" page it doesn't play the song I clicked to play. Instead it just plays a rand...
  • wstrahan
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Track keep stopping and starting or jumping!!!

THERE IS A PROBLEM!!!! WILL SOMEONE AT SPOTIFY SORT IT OUT!!! Tracks keep stopping and starting or will not play all the way through, all this started after new T&C's were introduced. I have reinstalled flash and spotify still no success!!! Spotify w...

• Casual Listener
  • THERE IS A PROBLEM!!!!   WILL SOMEONE AT SPOTIFY SORT IT OUT!!!   Tracks keep stopping and starting or will not play all the way through, all this started after new T&C's were in...
  • Zefros01
  • 19 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 6 likes

black screen

Spotify remains black, only menu is visible on Windows 10 creators updaterestarted both windows and spotify multiple times already.

• Spotify remains black, only menu is visible on Windows 10 creators update restarted both windows and spotify multiple times already.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

aplicación en negro.

Hola:Desde la última actualización, la app de spoty para windows 10 no carga. Se abre y aparece todo en negro excepto los menus (archivo, editar, ver...).Alguna idea?

• Regular
  • Hola: Desde la última actualización, la app de spoty para windows 10 no carga. Se abre y aparece todo en negro excepto los menus (archivo, editar, ver...). Alguna idea?
  • Astembal
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

It wont download!

I've had spotify on my laptop for a month and a half, but today when i tried to open it, it loads and then nothing happens. Not too worried i uninstall it and try to download it again, it downloads, i click on it and it just loads and dissapears. Ive...

• I've had spotify on my laptop for a month and a half, but today when i tried to open it, it loads and then nothing happens. Not too worried i uninstall it and try to download it again, it downloads, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes