Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • D1Ck3n
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • lazypapertiger
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

No Daily Mix

I have had Spotify for almost three years (I had a gap where I switched to Apple music for a year) and I don't have a daily mix.

• I have had Spotify for almost three years (I had a gap where I switched to Apple music for a year) and I don't have a daily mix.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Windows won't play local files

I have two albums saved locally on my laptop which I'd like to play through Spotify. One of them plays just fine every time, whether from the "Local Files" section or when in a playlist. In the other album, however, no songs will play and Spotify dis...

• I have two albums saved locally on my laptop which I'd like to play through Spotify. One of them plays just fine every time, whether from the "Local Files" section or when in a playlist. In the ...
  • gancska
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't log into desktop app using XP

I've just upgraded to Premium and Spotify works fine for me in Chrome on XP. It invited me me to download the desptop app which I did, but when I start the app it says I'm not logged in. When open the app it invites me to "Log In With Facebook" (even...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just upgraded to Premium and Spotify works fine for me in Chrome on XP.   It invited me me to download the desptop app which I did, but when I start the app it says I'm not logged in. Whe...
  • MikeBoilerman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Back-up saves?

Hello, I know you can back-up your playlists, but I'd like to back up my saves. Now I've tried putting my saves in a playlist, and it worked, but then I can't see the date on which I saved the songs. Does someone know how I can back-up (export to exc...

• Hello,   I know you can back-up your playlists, but I'd like to back up my saves. Now I've tried putting my saves in a playlist, and it worked, but then I can't see the date on which I saved t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Como puedo ver la letra de las canciones en mi pc windows 8

Alguien sabe comover la letra de las canciones en mi pc windows 8, que instaloi, donde lo consigo, como lo enlazo a mi spotify?

• Alguien sabe comover la letra de las canciones en mi pc windows 8, que instaloi, donde lo consigo, como lo enlazo a mi spotify?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Crashes when trying to open Local Files

I can open the local files tab but if I leave it to try parse all my music (around 25,000 files) spotify will just crash, this never happened in older versions and has only begun to happen recently.The quickest workaround I can think of is to give us...

• Music Fan
  • I can open the local files tab but if I leave it to try parse all my music (around 25,000 files) spotify will just crash, this never happened in older versions and has only begun to happen recently. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

error code: 4

Hi,Please helo me, suddenly my spotify is not working. I've tried to uninstalled and installed it again, check the firewalls, restart my PC and none of them works. It said that there is no internet connection but my internet works fine so i don't kno...

• Hi, Please helo me, suddenly my spotify is not working. I've tried to uninstalled and installed it again, check the firewalls, restart my PC and none of them works. It said that there is no internet...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest update I can't scroll playlist nor resize window downwards

Seems UI in the latest update is proper broken; Windows Platform. I can't scroll playlist window on the left, nor can I resize window downwards.

• Regular
  • Seems UI in the latest update is proper broken;   Windows Platform.   I can't scroll playlist window on the left, nor can I resize window downwards.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add a specific artist to Daily Mix

I mean artists that have never showed up in the Daily Mix, so I can't click the heart button for them. And I don't mean artists that I have accidentially 'disliked' in the playlist. I have clicked add to library on a majority of said artists albums, ...

• Regular
  • I mean artists that have never showed up in the Daily Mix, so I can't click the heart button for them. And I don't mean artists that I have accidentially 'disliked' in the playlist.  I have clic...
  • sharp-spark
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Ads

When I play music on my HP laptop, using Spotify, whenever I listen to a song, sometimes it stops just to load an ad on the bottom page. I want it to stop so I could simply listen to my music without it pausing..

• When I play music on my HP laptop, using Spotify, whenever I listen to a song, sometimes it stops just to load an ad on the bottom page. I want it to stop so I could simply listen to my music without...
  • Quick986
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! WHERE ARE MY NOTIFICATIONS (desktop in-app?)

HI So theres in-app notifications in the bottom left of the Web Player, along with my profile, settings and messages. However, in my desktop app (I'm using Windows 10) I can't seem to find it? I have messages next to my profile (top right) , but no n...

• Regular
  • HI    So theres in-app notifications in the bottom left of the Web Player, along with my profile, settings and messages.   However, in my desktop app (I'm using Windows 10) I can't...
  • teemu76
  • 19 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 7 likes

Can't sort "Artist" songs from "Your Music"!

I just updated to 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 (Win 10) and now I'm not able to sort the songs from my "Artists" in "Your Music" by clicking on the header rows "SONG" or "ALBUM".

• Casual Listener
  • I just updated to 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 (Win 10) and now I'm not able to sort the songs from my "Artists" in "Your Music" by clicking on the header rows "SONG" or "ALBUM". 
  • andres12appi
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes

[Connect] Sonos devices disappear and don't get rediscovered on PC

On the PC, when I open spotify premium I always see my Amazon Echo devices listed under the "Devices" menu...but most of the time my Sonos devices don't show up. Nothing I do on the desktop fixes this (even opening the Sonos app and playing Spotify s...

• Casual Listener
  • On the PC, when I open spotify premium I always see my Amazon Echo devices listed under the "Devices" menu...but most of the time my Sonos devices don't show up. Nothing I do on the desktop fixes thi...
  • Rosey001
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify keeps removing my playlist cover

So I created a new cover for a playlist with 31 followers, but after I upload it and restart the client, the old artwork is back. What's going on?

• Music Fan
  • So I created a new cover for a playlist with 31 followers, but after I upload it and restart the client, the old artwork is back. What's going on?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download on Windows 10 app

I have a Spotify family premium account, but i cannot download any songs from my windows 10 app on my computer, why is that? the option is never there!I took a screenshot and attached it

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Spotify family premium account, but i cannot download any songs from my windows 10 app on my computer, why is that? the option is never there! I took a screenshot and attached it
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Related artist

Hi all have sonos and use Spotify, seems related artist function has gone following an update, anyone got any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all have sonos and use Spotify, seems related artist function has gone following an update, anyone got any ideas? 
  • paddywhack79
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify starts and stopps ad randome times

Hello, my Spotify (opens with windows start) stopps after some tracks and starts again randomly later again. Internet connection seems fine and it also appears with downloaded playlists.I allready made a "clear reinstall" nothing changed, i really ne...

• Hello,   my Spotify (opens with windows start) stopps after some tracks and starts again randomly later again. Internet connection seems fine and it also appears with downloaded playlists. I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop App doesn't show my Playlist

Hi everyoneSo since yesterday I've run into a problem which I never had before. My Desktop App doesn't show my Playlist anymore and I also can't find it when I search for it. I've checked in the Web player and there my Playlist is still available. Is...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone So since yesterday I've run into a problem which I never had before. My Desktop App doesn't show my Playlist anymore and I also can't find it when I search for it. I've checked in the We...
  • lucawulfert
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play certain songs

I can play certain songs on my Andriod phone, but they will not play on my PC. Any ideas whats wrong?

• I can play certain songs on my Andriod phone, but they will not play on my PC.  Any ideas whats wrong?
  • Apophenris
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps automatically changing playlist?!!

Hi!I hope someone can help me, because I have no idea what to do ... For the last couple of weeks Iv noticed that Spotify keeps changing the playlist I start to listen to.I'll choose a playlist, and it'll play one song ... then it switches to another...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I hope someone can help me, because I have no idea what to do ...   For the last couple of weeks Iv noticed that Spotify keeps changing the playlist I start to listen to. I'll choose a p...
  • Jo1966
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes