Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • giovlms
  • Regular
  • 264 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 264 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Workaround to import Windows Media Player playlists

Importing playlists from Windows Media Player seems to be broken in Spotify, at least for some users. After a lot of trial and error I figured out a workaround to add my local playlists to Spotify. Hopefully someone else finds this information useful...

• Importing playlists from Windows Media Player seems to be broken in Spotify, at least for some users. After a lot of trial and error I figured out a workaround to add my local playlists to Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Offline mode unavailable /pas de mode hors ligne prosposé

On my spotify premium account, the possibily to download songs to listen to them offline doesn't appear. I have enough space on my desktop, and i already tried to uninstall / reinstall spotify three times: no result. Please help me !!! Nobody seems t...

• On my spotify premium account, the possibily to download songs to listen to them offline doesn't appear. I have enough space on my desktop, and i already tried to uninstall / reinstall spotify three ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musixmatch and Spotify Not working

Hello, I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue. I use Musixmatch external lyrics program. Since the latest version of Spotify 1.0.62.508.g2c497f24, Musixmatch will no longer recognise that I am listening to a song.

038e14549b2f2d50d5a9beb249539990.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello, I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue.  I use Musixmatch external lyrics program. Since the latest version of Spotify 1.0.62.508.g2c497f24, Musixmatch will no longer re...
  • DarkMC
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Empty files instead of downloaded music?

Hi,I recently became a premium member and only get empty folders in my Music library when I try to download music from my playlist. I'm using a Gateway dual core computer under updated Windows 7. There is lots of space on my hard drive. I also reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I recently became a premium member and only get empty folders in my Music library when I try to download music from my playlist.  I'm using a Gateway dual core computer under updated Window...
  • utopiarocks67
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify is taking up a lot of space

Hi, I'd like to know what is taking up so much space by Spotify? It's the data folder in %AppData%. I moved my offline song folder incase I had a lot of songs but that was only 280mb and after moving the folder still remained at 13.3GB.

• Regular
  • Hi, I'd like to know what is taking up so much space by Spotify? It's the data folder in %AppData%. I moved my offline song folder incase I had a lot of songs but that was only 280mb and after moving...
  • nikihugs68
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Add your own songs to a playlist

Ey my dear community.On spotify there is a song I realy like but because I live in Denmark it is unreachebel that means I have to buy it. That I have done but my question is can I somehow upload it for my profile so when i add it to my playlist I can...

• Ey my dear community. On spotify there is a song I realy like but because I live in Denmark it is unreachebel  that means I have to buy it. That I have done but my question is can I somehow u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Problems(Windows 10,app)

When I play a song, the seconds bar below is slower than music.This causes interruptions to playback.I tried to reinstall the application from scratch (windows 10) but the problem persists. Do I have to wait for a patch or can I fix it by myself?

•   When I play a song, the seconds bar below is slower than music. This causes interruptions to playback. I tried to reinstall the application from scratch (windows 10) but the problem persist...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't fullscreen properly

So there is this problem that has been annoying me for ages.My screen setup is made so that I have 2 portrait mode screens with 1 landscape screen in the middle. If Spotify starts up fullscreen on the portrait mode screen, it will not go fullscreen p...

• So there is this problem that has been annoying me for ages. My screen setup is made so that I have 2 portrait mode screens with 1 landscape screen in the middle.   If Spotify starts up ...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! how d I access my playlist

I have had to get a new computer and have just put my spotify back on. How do I access my playlist.....I cannot find any link to it from the spotify site? On my old computer, I clicked on spotify and my playlist always came straight up after logging ...

• I have had to get a new computer and have just put my spotify back on.  How do I access my playlist.....I cannot find any link to it from the spotify site?   On my old computer, I clic...
  • dollface99
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Available songs being skipped for no apparent reason

Some songs are being displayed as such:Even though they're available, they aren't played. The example here is The Hounds which shows up as available (I have even changed the setting to hide unavailable songs) but still is not playable. I've already t...

Capture.JPG
  • Regular
  • Some songs are being displayed as such: Even though they're available, they aren't played. The example here is The Hounds which shows up as available (I have even changed the setting to hid...
  • sakeuon
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Turning off auto-start when my computer turns on

I want to make it so that Spotify doesn't automatically start up when my computer turns on. Anybody know how to do that? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I want to make it so that Spotify doesn't automatically start up when my computer turns on. Anybody know how to do that?  Thanks
  • SpotCreated
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get rid of ALL offline songs

Ok, I accidentally selected the c:\ drive for the source of my offline songs, and now it added litterally EVERY SINGLE MP3, M4V, AND MP4 file on my c:\. Is there any way I can get rid of them all at once? Thanks, Jayde

• Ok, I accidentally selected the c:\ drive for the source of my offline songs, and now it added litterally EVERY SINGLE MP3, M4V, AND MP4 file on my c:\.   Is there any way I can get rid of the...
  • SpotCreated
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't dismiss annoying pop-up banners

I'm using the desktop client on windows 10, and every now then there is a pop-up banner that reminds me that sound feature is available in settings. It would be helpful for new users, but the problem is I can't dismiss it. Clicking on the X does noth...

• I'm using the desktop client on windows 10, and every now then there is a pop-up banner that reminds me that sound feature is available in settings. It would be helpful for new users, but the problem...
  • SpotCreated
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play the current song" error keeps popping up

I've been getting the "Can't play the current song" error over and over again on the desktop app. My connection is fine, I've logged in and out multiple times, I restarted the app multiple times and I just removed and reinstalled the app but nothing ...

• I've been getting the "Can't play the current song" error over and over again on the desktop app. My connection is fine, I've logged in and out multiple times, I restarted the app multiple times and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PC (win 10) device connect to PS4?

Hello, I've been searching for a bit, and I can't seem to find a definative answer. Are you able to connect to PS4 via spotify device connect? I'm able to see and connect via my mac, but when I try to on my PC, running the latest version of windows 1...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I've been searching for a bit, and I can't seem to find a definative answer. Are you able to connect to PS4 via spotify device connect? I'm able to see and connect via my mac, but when ...
  • MrDavo
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

My profile and playlist got erased

I had windows 7 and my spotify was working well, but then I got the windows 10 and had to install spotify again, and when I logged in my account was completely in blank, I had no playlists. Basically my spotify on tablet and phone was the same, but o...

• I had windows 7 and my spotify was working well, but then I got the windows 10 and had to install spotify again, and when I logged in my account was completely in blank, I had no playlists. Basically...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search on windows 10 app not working

Every time I try to do a search for something like "Country or Rock" I get this error message. "An error occurred. please try searching again."

• Regular
  • Every time I try to do a search for something like "Country or Rock" I get this error message. "An error occurred. please try searching again."
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat One Not Working

I would be listening to a song in a playlist and have the song on repeat. When I would click on another song to listen to, it would keep the repeat one on. However now if I were to change the song, it only keeps the playlist on repeat and not the son...

• Regular
  • I would be listening to a song in a playlist and have the song on repeat. When I would click on another song to listen to, it would keep the repeat one on.   However now if I were to change th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files missing

Too often local files that are in my selected directory will be missing. Most of the time its one or two files. They are in the directory and when I turn off the source for the directory, and re-add it, the songs will show up but it happens for too o...

• Too often local files that are in my selected directory will be missing. Most of the time its one or two files. They are in the directory and when I turn off the source for the directory, and re-add ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Most songs not playing in playlist.

I have a playlist with 839 songs in it made by myself, and I'm too frequently hearing the same songs and at that I'm not hearing some at all. any help?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist with 839 songs in it made by myself, and I'm too frequently hearing the same songs and at that I'm not hearing some at all. any help?
  • HastalaMason
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes