Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playspeed is slower than its suppose to.. How to fix?

Playspeed is slower than its suppose to.. How to fix?

All my songs on Spotify are slower than the song actually is.. And I can't find an option for speed or whatever.. Have never changed any setting either so I don't know how this happened.. It's very annoying, it's like it's speed is set at 0,6 instead of 1. As u can imagine it's totally ruining raps..

4 Replies

Hey @Tess92

Your Spotify plays music slower than the song should be? Weird!

Let's try reinstalling the client:

Uninstall Spotify.
Go to %AppData% and make sure there are no Spotify folders left in any of the AppData folders. If there is anything, delete them.
Restart your machine.
Install Spotify.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Should I do this on every device? I thought of doing that before but then I noticed it was the same on different devices so thought it would probably not fix the problem. Anyhow, I will give it a try and keep u posted, thanks. 

Could that perhaps be the problem? The fact that I have so many devices on the same account? They're all synced and all. I'm a real tech-noob so idk how that works lol but thought maybe that's the problem? That when I listen on my phone, it streams from a still open Spotify on my laptop or the other way around.. Or is this not how it works lol since u can control Spotify from other devices.. 

@Tess92

That's odd, really!

I don't think the amount of devices hooked to your account would be an issue. 🙂 Spotify Connect lets you control one device with another...

You could try going to your Spotify account page and click on 'Sign Out Everywhere', that will log the devices out. You can log back in with any of them and see if the issue is still present...

Reinstalling could clear out problems that come from app's cache or such. Still worth trying. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts