Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to search through local music files?

Is it possible to search through local music files?

Hey guys,

I use Spotify for a while now, but with the last bigger update (was still in the end of 2014 I think) the program lost the for me most important function. In the previous versions it was possible so search through your local music library, and I mean the one you donwloaded without spotify (i.e. when you bought some music with amazon), but at the moment I am either too dump to find the function again or it has been removed (for whatever reason) ...

And since I own a lot of songs, I am neither willing to scroll ten minutes in order to add one song to a playlist nor do I need a premium subscription because I'm content with my local library. So my basic question is: Does this function still exist, if it does, where, and if it doesn't, will it be added again in some future version?

Thanks in advance

hhhuut

2 Replies

I am pretty frustrated by this since the new update as well. Haven't figured out a soluton either. I'm all ears if the Spotify gang can come up with a fix to bring back the old function. I have a 60gb collection of music, many artist's aren't even on Spotify. Trying to search through the files with the new version is a nightmare I'm not willing to endure.

Follow me

They keep messing with the search function...  The latest version does not search through local files seemingly, whereas 2 months ago it did.

Please spotify team........

Suggested posts