Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Same playlist appears differently

Hello everyone! I have since the dawn of time worked on my playlist (currently 800+ songs) on my Spotify Free account. A while back, maybe a year or so, I got Spotify Premium on a new account. Because I hade such a large playlist I did not want to de...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone!   I have since the dawn of time worked on my playlist (currently 800+ songs) on my Spotify Free account. A while back, maybe a year or so, I got Spotify Premium on a new a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop Black Screen

Hello,I have black screen problems in spotify for some time. The application emits a sound on my post as if a window is blocked.Steps to reproduce the issue:I have unstall and install the new versionI have disable firewall and antivirusI have run mal...

• Hello, I have black screen problems in spotify for some time. The application emits a sound on my post as if a window is blocked. Steps to reproduce the issue: I have unstall and install the ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify passa e pausa as músicas sozinho

Pago o spotify premium e não consigo mais usá-lo pois ele troca de música sozinho ou as pausa também. Troquei o aparelho celular mês passado e o problema persistiu, logo, o problema não é o aparelho.Irei cancelar minha assinatura pois estou pagando p...

• Pago o spotify premium e não consigo mais usá-lo pois ele troca de música sozinho ou as pausa também. Troquei o aparelho celular mês passado e o problema persistiu, logo, o problema não é o aparelho....
  • 0 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 20 likes

Volume is lowered when pausing music using Spotify Connect

HiIm new to Spotify and Im just beginning to learn how to use it. Im one of those people who used Groove and got kicked over to Spotify I have a Beoplay A6 that supports Spotify Conncet. When I pause a song using my Windows 10 Spotify app, the volume...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Im new to Spotify and Im just beginning to learn how to use it. Im one of those people who used Groove and got kicked over to Spotify 🙂 I have a Beoplay A6 that supports Spotify Conncet. When I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't store preferences with the Windows 10 app after moving appdata/local

Hi, I've moved my user's AppData/local directory to another partition (D:) using Microsoft's "officially sanctioned procedure" (right-clicking on the directory, choosing the "Location" tab and moving it to a new location). This was ten days ago.I'm p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've moved my user's AppData/local directory to another partition (D:) using Microsoft's "officially sanctioned procedure" (right-clicking on the directory, choosing the "Location" tab a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on spotify not showing

I have spent the last few hours trying to figure out why some of my files on my computer are either not showing, have weird track names, random songs show up that i dont even have ect. I have tried every solution but none of them seemed to work. All ...

• I have spent the last few hours trying to figure out why some of my files on my computer are either not showing, have weird track names, random songs show up that i dont even have ect. I have tried e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG: discover page redrawing/flickering on show

The discover page ( i just upgraded to windows 10 not sure if that's why or a spotify client issue) When hiding and showing the window while discover page open: The window flickers / redraws / resizes the viewport. So everything disappears then reapp...

• Visitor
  • The discover page ( i just upgraded to windows 10 not sure if that's why or a spotify client issue)   When hiding and showing the window while discover page open:   The window flickers ...
  • djde
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Followed artist doesn't appear in sidebar playlist section

Hi. So far when I follow an artist they will appear to the left under PLAYLIST. But I am following this one artist and they do not appear there no matter what I do. I unfollow and then follow again, but they don't appear there even though it shows th...

• Hi. So far when I follow an artist they will appear to the left under PLAYLIST. But I am following this one artist and they do not appear there no  matter what I do. I unfollow and then follow a...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends Can't See My Activity

Hi everyone, My friends cant able the see my activity at sidebar. I looked from spotify my friend's computer to my account activity. I classified as "other friends" and there is no information about my last song etc. I opened the "share my activity a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   My friends cant able the see my activity at sidebar. I looked from spotify my friend's computer to my account activity. I classified as "other friends" and there is no informati...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Just a empty black window (windows 7)

Since a few weeks back I have just got a black window when oen spotify. With menu (arkiv, edit and view). If hadware acc is on its just beebs constantly.I have checked the drivers and they are the newest.I tried start from command line.I tried the fu...

• Since a few weeks back I have just got a black window when oen spotify. With menu (arkiv, edit and view).  If hadware acc is on its just beebs constantly. I have checked the drivers and they a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth connection fades away

Hi,Until two weeks ago Spotify worked fine on my Win10/64 laptop with my Sony personal audio soundsystem via bluetooth. The distance between laptop and the Sony system is about 4 meters.Right now I have to place my laptop straight next to the Sony sy...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Until two weeks ago Spotify worked fine on my Win10/64 laptop with my Sony personal audio soundsystem via bluetooth. The distance between laptop and the Sony system is about 4 meters. Right now...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Selection of multiple tracks is cleared by clicking the scrollbar

A recent update to the Windows desktop application causes any current selection of tracks to be cleared by clicking the scroll bar. This is different from typical interface behavior for Windows interfaces, and it prevents me from selecting and moving...

• Casual Listener
  • A recent update to the Windows desktop application causes any current selection of tracks to be cleared by clicking the scroll bar.   This is different from typical interface behavior for Wind...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist will not play correct song

Running Windows 7, and i have made a playlist that i listened to very often. However since the last update to Spotify whenever I want to play a song within the playlist it will play a completelly different song within the play list. So if i chose son...

• Casual Listener
  • Running Windows 7, and i have made a playlist that i listened to very often. However since the last update to Spotify whenever I want to play a song within the playlist it will play a completelly dif...
  • PiccChicc
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

How do I get spotify to actually play similar songs?

Okay, I've been looking into this for a long time and I'm really starting to get frustrated at this point because I can't seem to figure out how to do this. I have it in the settings so after a song, it plays a similiar song next, right? But how on e...

• Okay, I've been looking into this for a long time and I'm really starting to get frustrated at this point because I can't seem to figure out how to do this. I have it in the settings so after a song,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with spotify installer. Doesn't open after install

Spotify doesn't open after install or uninstall when i install it from official offline or online installer. But does work with this different setup of spotify (which i don't want because i'm not used to it's look. it's very different, but works) so ...

• Spotify doesn't open after install or uninstall when i install it from official offline or online installer.   But does work with this different setup of spotify (which i don't want because i'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to add playlist to artist profile

Hello, I've made a playlist on the PC app. When I try to add the playlist to my artist profile on the artists.spotify.com website, nothing shows up when I search for the playlist in the box where it says "Choose playlists you made on Spotify to featu...

• Hello,   I've made a playlist on the PC app. When I try to add the playlist to my artist profile on the artists.spotify.com website, nothing shows up when I search for the playlist in the box ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist is auto mixing songs, but crossfade is off

I have this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX0pH2SQMRXnC .The songs in that playlist are beiing auto mixed and skips the beginning of the sons. I want to hear the tracks from the beginning and not mixed together... ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX0pH2SQMRXnC . The songs in that playlist are beiing auto mixed and skips the beginning of the sons. I want to hea...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify skips songs

When I use my keyboard button to skip a song, spotify sometimes start to automatically skip over 100 sons before stopping automatically. I cannot pause spotify or interact with spotify when this happens. What can I do to fix this? I have a Razer Blac...

• When I use my keyboard button to skip a song, spotify sometimes start to automatically skip over 100 sons before stopping automatically. I cannot pause spotify or interact with spotify when this happ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Global HotKey for Pause/Play,Next Song does not work

I do not know if this is the place to write this but i'll do it anyway.My hot keys do not work when i press the "fn" button together with my arrow keys on my laptop keybord. I resently reinstalled my windows 10 and it used to work before I reinstalle...

• I do not know if this is the place to write this but i'll do it anyway. My hot keys do not work when i press the "fn" button together with my arrow keys on my laptop keybord. I resently reinstalled ...
  • serhiienko
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting problems

Hi all. Today while sorting one of my playlists I noticed a couple of things:Sorting is NOT Accent-Insensitive: for example this song is LAST when ordering by TitleSorting follows English rules, which makes little sense in other languages: for exampl...

• Regular
  • Hi all.   Today while sorting one of my playlists I noticed a couple of things: Sorting is NOT Accent-Insensitive: for example this song is LAST when ordering by Title Sorting follows Engli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes