Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pat_lafont
  • Casual Listener
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Windows App does not go full screen on 2nd monitor, only shows part of window

When i drag the spotify window onto my 2nd monitor, it maximises, but i can see some of the content, and can just see my desktop in the background. (Snip on the right is my 2nd monitor).

• When i drag the spotify window onto my 2nd monitor, it maximises, but i can see some of the content, and can just see my desktop in the background. (Snip on the right is my 2nd monitor).
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify se desconecta al apagarse la pantalla del equipo en Microsft Surface 4 con Windows 10

Hola, Spotify deja de sonar al apagarse la pantalla del equipo en mi Surface 4 con Windows 10 actualizado a la última compilación. No sucede con ninguna otra aplicación, sólo con Spotify.

• Hola, Spotify deja de sonar al apagarse la pantalla del equipo en mi Surface 4 con Windows 10 actualizado a la última compilación. No sucede con ninguna otra aplicación, sólo con Spotify.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows app stops playing when screen dims

Dear Spotify, A bit of a duplicate thread, but as suggested by Chris, here, let's start a new one: When a Windows device dims the screen Spotify stops playing, will you be fixing this issue? Thanks!Jordy

• Dear Spotify,   A bit of a duplicate thread, but as suggested by Chris, here, let's start a new one:   When a Windows device dims the screen Spotify stops playing, will you be fixing th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

30-second song previews on desktop and mobile app

Before when I go to discover songs and hold the play button it would preview a piece of the song. Now, it doesn't do that anymore. It's not my computer because I just reinstalled Windows. Edit: both desktop (Windows) ánd mobile (iPhone) app.

• Casual Listener
  • Before when I go to discover songs and hold the play button it would preview a piece of the song. Now, it doesn't do that anymore. It's not my computer because I just reinstalled Windows.   ...
  • joonash
  • 21 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 21 replies
  • 6 likes

Discover Weekly won't update

The past few months, my discover weekly playlist won't update on mondays unless I exit and restart Spotify. It's not the end of the world since I have a workaround but it is rather annoying. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client, but th...

•  The past few months, my discover weekly playlist won't update on mondays unless I exit and restart Spotify.  It's not the end of the world since I have a workaround but it is rather annoyi...
  • jusa
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Weekly playlists (Discover Weekly/Release Radar) not refreshing without restart of desktop client

This has been bothering me for quite some time now. My weekly playlists (Discover Weekly and Release Radar) are not refreshing until I restart my desktop client. The new playlists are visible (and refreshed) immediately after client restart, but up u...

• Regular
  • This has been bothering me for quite some time now. My weekly playlists (Discover Weekly and Release Radar) are not refreshing until I restart my desktop client. The new playlists are visible (and re...
  • jusa
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows application shuts down when internet disconnect

I use my work laptop with a docking station, with wired network. When disconnecting the computer to move to another location there is a few seconds without network connection before the wireless has activated. It seems like spotify shuts down as soon...

• I use my work laptop with a docking station, with wired network. When disconnecting the computer to move to another location there is a few seconds without network connection before the wireless has ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Bug Report: RAM Usage

After my recent contact with Spotify Support all my downloaded content needed to be re-downloaded. Using the Desktop Client for Windows 10, I went to my saved songs and clicked the Download button/slider. I happen to have a system monitor open at the...

•     After my recent contact with Spotify Support all my downloaded content needed to be re-downloaded. Using the Desktop Client for Windows 10, I went to my saved songs and clicked the Down...
  • Jmfoss
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deleted all my downloaded music.

Hi!I'm using Spotify on Windows 8.1, months with no problems. But just a few minutes ago, I was listening some music as I usually do, suddenly, it stopped playing, and when I realized, all my offline music has gone.

• Regular
  • Hi! I'm using Spotify on Windows 8.1, months with no problems. But just a few minutes ago, I was listening some music as I usually do, suddenly, it stopped playing, and when I realized, all my offli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back last.fm scrobbling in the new web player

This has been raised before and the response is unacceptable!!! Just build the **bleep** link into the new webplayer and be done with it... it surely cannot be that difficult to do or be a "low user" option!!!??GET IT DONE & IN A HURRY TOO!!!

• Casual Listener
  • This has been raised before and the response is unacceptable!!!  Just build the **bleep** link into the new webplayer and be done with it... it surely cannot be that difficult to do or be a "low...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

App will not start (windows 7)

My Spotify app on window desktop is giving me an error, however there is no error message or code.When I open the app it constantlys gives the error sound (about once a second) and the app opens but I can only see the outline of the program and none ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify app on window desktop is giving me an error, however there is no error message or code. When I open the app it constantlys gives the error sound (about once a second) and the app opens bu...
  • PJ_ozi
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing playlists

Hi... all of my playlists are missing... but when I clicked on recently played... the music on that particular playlist came up. Is there anyway I can "re-create" that list without having to add each song again individually to a new playlist?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi... all of my playlists are missing... but when I clicked on recently played... the music on that particular playlist came up.  Is there anyway I can "re-create" that list without having to ad...
  • thamiel47
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Window resizing bug on setup with two screens with different resolutions

Demo: Reproduction steps:Start Spotify and maximize it on the smaller screen (make sure it didn't start in fullscreen mode on the bigger screen)Close and open it again (it will start maximized on the smaller screen)Drag the window to the bigger scree...

• Demo:   Reproduction steps: Start Spotify and maximize it on the smaller screen (make sure it didn't start in fullscreen mode on the bigger screen) Close and open it again (it will star...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Dynamic playlist bug - "Play" button on next track

Hi Spotify team!There is a small bug when user tries to hit "Play" button on dynamic playlists like Daily Mix.If we are on state when only 1 new track is added upon listening and we are trying to play next track immidiately - play button actually tri...

• Hi Spotify team! There is a small bug when user tries to hit "Play" button on dynamic playlists like Daily Mix. If we are on state when only 1 new track is added upon listening and we are trying to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"More" button in Recently Played not working

For the past few weeks now I haven't been able to Right Click on an album or press the "More" button on albums in the Recently Played tab. It just freezes the controls there and doesn't open the drop down menu. I have already tried reinstalling Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past few weeks now I haven't been able to Right Click on an album or press the "More" button on albums in the Recently Played tab. It just freezes the controls there and doesn't open the&nbsp...
  • HKGangster54
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What is Spotify using my video files for??

So I was recently moving some video files from my laptop's hardrive to my external harddrive and I got an error message saying that one of the mp4 files could not be deleted becasue it was in use by Spotify. I closed Spotify and the file deleted fine...

• So I was recently moving some video files from my laptop's hardrive to my external harddrive and I got an error message saying that one of the mp4 files could not be deleted becasue it was in use by ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Waiting For Connection?

Every time I try using Spotify as a premium member, whenever I try to download my playlists for offline mode, It constantly says waiting for connection... and every solution I tried from earlier isn't working for me including letting it through firew...

• Every time I try using Spotify as a premium member, whenever I try to download my playlists for offline mode, It constantly says waiting for connection... and every solution I tried from earlier...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution All songs 'Not Available'

All my songs in all my playlists are suddenly not available on my Windows computer. I have spotify an active Premium account. I deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app on my computer and it still won't play my songs. Any help would be appreciated.(Ed...

• Casual Listener
  • All my songs in all my playlists are suddenly not available on my Windows computer. I have spotify an active Premium account. I deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app on my computer and it stil...
  • SushiGuy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not loggin through downloaded spotify for windows

Hi, i have been using spotify for a long time and i love it.Recently i had to reinstall the program due to some mailware, nothing big.After installing it again I opened the program and klick on the "loging with facebook" tab. it then opens a seperate...

• Visitor
  • Hi, i have been using spotify for a long time and i love it. Recently i had to reinstall the program due to some mailware, nothing big. After installing it again I opened the program and klick on...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

To which version do I have to downgrade to to get back the search bar on the left?

In version 1.0.63.617.g5aca9a2a, I can't see my playlist simultaneously anymore when I want to add new songs to a playlist (for clarity, I'm not using the filter search),. Instead, I get redirected to a separate page with "Search in Spotify". I prefe...

04-spotify-search
  • Roadie
  • In version 1.0.63.617.g5aca9a2a, I can't see my playlist simultaneously anymore when I want to add new songs to a playlist (for clarity, I'm not using the filter search),. Instead, I get redirected t...
  • camport
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes