Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Certain local files not available

I have an album of 17 songs, MP3, all work fine with Windows Media Player. I added them to my Spotify local files (I'm used to how to do this properly) but only the first two songs can be played through Spotify. The third one is appearantly automatic...

• Music Fan
  • I have an album of 17 songs, MP3, all work fine with Windows Media Player.    I added them to my Spotify local files (I'm used to how to do this properly) but only the first two songs can...
  • MrMaikiu
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Songs Liked From Radio Showing Up Only in Saved Songs and not "Liked From Radio" Playlist

When I like a song from radio using the heart button it is saved in my library rather than to the "Liked from Radio" playlist. It was previosly routing these correctly, but recently stopped. Is there a way to fix this?

• When I like a song from radio using the heart button it is saved in my library rather than to the "Liked from Radio" playlist.  It was previosly routing these correctly, but recently stopped. &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Code 13

I had Spotify installed on my new laptop running Windows 8. But the last time I logged in, it was not working. I tried to reinstall it and I keep getting an Error Code 13, that the files can't be found. I tried deleting the files off my computer, als...

• Casual Listener
  • I had Spotify installed on my new laptop running Windows 8.  But the last time I logged in, it was not working.  I tried to reinstall it and I keep getting an Error Code 13, that the files ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify for windows 10 and error code 11

I cannot get this figured out. I have tried everything on the all the message boards. I cant get spotify to download. I have windows 10 and it gives me error 11 which says i have no space which isnt true. and then when I dont do the full set up it gi...

• I cannot get this figured out. I have tried everything on the all the message boards. I cant get spotify to download. I have windows 10 and it gives me error 11 which says i have no space which isnt&...
  • Userbored
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Spotify autmatically after you log into the computer - Minimized

I have selected both these options: Open Spotify autmatically after you log into the computer - MinimizedClose buttion should minimize the Spotify window to the tray - True Still, when I start the computer, spotify is minimized to task bar. NO ONE wa...

• I have selected both these options:   Open Spotify autmatically after you log into the computer - Minimized Close buttion should minimize the Spotify window to the tray - True   Still,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Switch account feature removed?

Hey, me and my girlfriend uses the same user account on my PC. We both have Spotify accounts, and until recently we were able to switch accounts by clicking the down arrow next to my profile name and select switch accounts. This feature recently disa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, me and my girlfriend uses the same user account on my PC. We both have Spotify accounts, and until recently we were able to switch accounts by clicking the down arrow next to my profile name and...
  • xxRAiDERxx
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

keeps telling me to play a song

I just downloaded Spotify onto my laptop (windows 10) and in the menu to the right, the getting started one, it says I'm 80% done and my only task left is to play a song. I've played lots of songs. How do I check that box and get this to go away?

• I just downloaded Spotify onto my laptop (windows 10) and in the menu to the right, the getting started one, it says I'm 80% done and my only task left is to play a song.  I've played lots of so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows app not playing music???

I uninstalled and redownloaded the app and nothing has changed. No song is available to play, it just skips until it's completed the playlist. Is this some new bug with an update? Web player works just fine.

• I uninstalled and redownloaded the app and nothing has changed. No song is available to play, it just skips until it's completed the playlist. Is this some new bug with an update? Web playe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pictures not showing/loading in Discover or for users

As you can see from the attached files, pictures are not showing/loading in my Spoify for users or on the Discover page. It does show for artists, and the albums covers also. I've tried logging in and out, disconnecting and reconnecting to Facebook, ...

• Regular
  • As you can see from the attached files, pictures are not showing/loading in my Spoify for users or on the Discover page. It does show for artists, and the albums covers also.    I've tr...
  • scribeconcepts
  • 80 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 80 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify blank screen

Hi, I can't use Spotify, because there is no content in the app. It's just black.I already tried running it as admin and in compablity mode.Nothing changes when running with %APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-acceler...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I can't use Spotify, because there is no content in the app. It's just black. I already tried running it as admin and in compablity mode. Nothing changes when running with  %APPDAT...
  • Chrissykes78
  • Gig Goer
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs aren't appearing in app

When I searched for the Def Leppard album "Pyromania" in the Android and Desktop app, Spotify did not appear to have them. However, when I google searched them, it allowed me to see them and add them to my playlists. However, they still do not appear...

• Casual Listener
  • When I searched for the Def Leppard album "Pyromania" in the Android and Desktop app, Spotify did not appear to have them. However, when I google searched them, it allowed me to see them and add them...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Noticably worse quality in Spotify compared to YouTube

Hello! I've been a premium user for more than 2 years now. I've always though that Spotify's quality tops that of pretty much any YT video, but I noticed that a particular song in my playlist sounds noticably worse than when listening to in on YouTub...

• Hello!   I've been a premium user for more than 2 years now. I've always though that Spotify's quality tops that of pretty much any YT video, but I noticed that a particular song in my pl...
  • jes327
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Yet another black screen case

I've just got this happening to me. I've tried everything that the forums suggest --disable-accelerated-video --disable-accelerated-plugins --disable-accelerated-overflow-scroll --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just got this happening to me. I've tried everything that the forums suggest   --disable-accelerated-video --disable-accelerated-plugins --disable-accelerated-overflow-scroll --disable-ac...
  • saishuhane
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Update not keeping Repeat on

Just updated my Spotify desktop app and now every time I play a song it changes from Repeat One to Repeat All, I keep having to change back for each song. Is this just a bug in the update or is this permanent? Can I change it and have it stay Repeat ...

• Regular
  • Just updated my Spotify desktop app and now every time I play a song it changes from Repeat One to Repeat All, I keep having to change back for each song. Is this just a bug in the update or is this ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Problem with Daily Mix 1

Hi all, I have a problem with my only daily mix, the genre is rockabilly that is a genre that I like but not the only one, how to add more genres to the mix? I thinked that will depend by the music I listen but now some time has passed that I listen ...

• Visitor
  • Hi all, I have a problem with my only daily mix, the genre is rockabilly that is a genre that I like but not the only one, how to add more genres to the mix? I thinked that will depend by the music I...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode (error code 4) No Internet

I have this problem that spotify is offline all the time even when i have internetis there any solution for this problem I tried the to change auto proxy to HTTP and it didnt workI tried to change the DNS toPreferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8Alternate DNS ...

• Visitor
  • I have this problem that spotify is offline all the time even when i have internet is there any solution for this problem  I tried the to change auto proxy to HTTP and it didnt work I tr...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Meine "Musik" bzw. "Songs" offline runterladen

Ich hab folgendes Problem, und zwar würde ich gerne Meine Songs offline auf meinem PC haben, so wie auf meinem Handy. Also ich mein jetzt nicht die normalen Playlists sondern die Playlist "Songs" bei "Deine Musik" Hoffe auf eine schnelle Antwort und ...

• Ich hab folgendes Problem, und zwar würde ich gerne Meine Songs offline auf meinem PC haben, so wie auf meinem Handy. Also ich mein jetzt nicht die normalen Playlists sondern die Playlist "Songs" bei...
  • aperzinger
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat tooltips swapped?

Spotify windows desktop application v1.0.62.508.g2c497f24 It seems to me that the repeat tooltips for repeat and repeat track are swapped, or is this intentional?

SpotifyRepeat.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Spotify windows desktop application v1.0.62.508.g2c497f24   It seems to me that the repeat tooltips for repeat and repeat track are swapped, or is this intentional?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Using Old cache Files

Hi People,Like I wrote on title i want use older cache file (for Offline Songs) that stored before reinstall.once i show the location from spotify it empties the folder. When i select a empty folder from spotify. and then fill the folder after restar...

• Hi People, Like I wrote on title i want use older cache file (for Offline Songs)  that stored before reinstall. once i show the location from spotify it empties the folder. When i select a emp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify won't play after removing headset

After I remove my USB headset spotify won't play music until I restart it. For example, I play a song over my speakers and plug in my headset. The music automaticaly will start playing on the headset. However after I remove the headset the musics sto...

• Visitor
  • After I remove my USB headset spotify won't play music until I restart it.   For example, I play a song over my speakers and plug in my headset. The music automaticaly will start playing on ...
  • Hutch1377
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes