Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify black screen (Windows 7)

Hi since yesterday I've been having this problem. Every time I open Spotify on my computer the thing just goes black. I've searched for a solution online but it's just not working for me. You should know that it worked for a while yesterday. But toda...

SPOTFIY DE MIERDA.jpg
  • Regular
  • Hi since yesterday I've been having this problem. Every time I open Spotify on my computer the thing just goes black. I've searched for a solution online but it's just not working for me. You should ...
  • danilogiles
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify attempts, and fails, to update every time I run it - can't uninstall either

Every time I start up my PC Spotify attempts to update. Every time, it fails, citing a lack of permissions (which is insane, because I have all the permissions). I tried to uninstall, and I don't have permission for that either. So Spotify doesn't wo...

• Visitor
  • Every time I start up my PC Spotify attempts to update.  Every time, it fails, citing a lack of permissions (which is insane, because I have all the permissions).  I tried to uninstall, and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Only showing two friends

I'm sure this has been seen before, but my spotify is only showing two of the ~10 people I'm following. All 10 are very active users. It doesn't even lump them into a "more friends" category, they're being followed but don't exist outside of that opt...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm sure this has been seen before, but my spotify is only showing two of the ~10 people I'm following. All 10 are very active users. It doesn't even lump them into a "more friends" category, they're...
  • unclesilas
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not available

I have a very annoying problem. Everytime I want to play a song it switches to the next immediately and then to the next again and so on.The problem is, I don't even hear the music. They tell me that the song is not available and that if I want to li...

• I have a very annoying problem. Everytime I want to play a song it switches to the next immediately and then to the next again and so on. The problem is, I don't even hear the music.  They tel...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading takes minutes every time

It's taking literally minutes (around 5) for Spotify to load. I've uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed and rebooted to no avail. It takes 2-3 minutes for the menu options Playback and Help to appear. Then I'm presented with a black content screen. Se...

• Casual Listener
  • It's taking literally minutes (around 5) for Spotify to load. I've uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed and rebooted to no avail.   It takes 2-3 minutes for the menu options Playback and Help t...
  • dylanhome
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting problems

Hi everyone! My main playlist that I use won't let me move any of my songs. I have checked other playlists and they all let me move my songs around. The playlist that is having problems has a total of 876 songs on it and 52 hrs and 46 min worth of mu...

• Hi everyone! My main playlist that I use won't let me move any of my songs. I have checked other playlists and they all let me move my songs around. The playlist that is having problems has a total o...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playlist "Martin Garrix House Party" not playing (takes about a minute to start)

Hi All, I have a subscription on the 'Martin Garrix House Party'-playlist and the 'Hardwell's House Party'-playlist. Both are created by Spotify. I have two questions:On my iPhone the play perfectly and the tracks are very nicely mixed together. But,...

• Music Fan
  • Hi All,   I have a subscription on the 'Martin Garrix House Party'-playlist and the 'Hardwell's House Party'-playlist. Both are created by Spotify. I have two questions: On my iPhone the pla...
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Non realistic Top Artists List

Hey you all out there , love Spotify and find it great at all but I'm quite bored that the top artists that are on my profile DO NOT represent at all my taste. How can I manage it ? There should be the possibility to update it based on what are my re...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey you all out there , love Spotify and find it great at all but I'm quite bored that the top artists that are on my profile DO NOT represent at all my taste. How can I manage it ? There should be t...
  • Marian8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify is already running, but not responding. Please close it and try again.

I keep getting this "already running" message when I try to open spotify. It is listed as a process in Windows Task Manager, but it won't close when I try to force end the process. I've been having this same issue many times over the past month. Any ...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting this "already running" message when I try to open spotify.  It is listed as a process in Windows Task Manager, but it won't close when I try to force end the process.  I've b...
  • geoffreygoodman
  • 141 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 141 replies
  • 10 likes

Saving long play queue to playlist doubles size

This is a weird one: I use a long play queue as a songs I need to listen to list. And due to the play queue resetting without warning with the forced spotify updates the queue is cleared. Therefore each time I finish listening for the day I save the ...

• Casual Listener
  • This is a weird one:   I use a long play queue as a songs I need to listen to list. And due to the play queue resetting without warning with the forced spotify updates the queue is cleared. Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Laptop plays music from speakers when I'm away (even with headphones plugged in)

This has happened twice now: I go off for lunch and hear reports when I'm back from colleagues that music would randomly burst from speakers. The first time, I did not play spotify from my phone, the second time I did. So no clear correlation. In all...

• This has happened twice now: I go off for lunch and hear reports when I'm back from colleagues that music would randomly burst from speakers.   The first time, I did not play spotify from my p...
  • eswanson17
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists being cleaned without confirmation

Guys, Today I lost my entire playlist in just a few seconds when I sharing it on Tweeter.For my luck, I found on my smartphone a list of the music of my cleaned playlist, because It was offline and didn't synchronize with your servers.So, in that mom...

• Guys, Today I lost my entire playlist in just a few seconds when I sharing it on Tweeter. For my luck, I found on my smartphone a list of the music of my cleaned playlist, because It was offlin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Certain local files not available

I have an album of 17 songs, MP3, all work fine with Windows Media Player. I added them to my Spotify local files (I'm used to how to do this properly) but only the first two songs can be played through Spotify. The third one is appearantly automatic...

• Music Fan
  • I have an album of 17 songs, MP3, all work fine with Windows Media Player.    I added them to my Spotify local files (I'm used to how to do this properly) but only the first two songs can...
  • MrMaikiu
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Songs Liked From Radio Showing Up Only in Saved Songs and not "Liked From Radio" Playlist

When I like a song from radio using the heart button it is saved in my library rather than to the "Liked from Radio" playlist. It was previosly routing these correctly, but recently stopped. Is there a way to fix this?

• When I like a song from radio using the heart button it is saved in my library rather than to the "Liked from Radio" playlist.  It was previosly routing these correctly, but recently stopped. &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Code 13

I had Spotify installed on my new laptop running Windows 8. But the last time I logged in, it was not working. I tried to reinstall it and I keep getting an Error Code 13, that the files can't be found. I tried deleting the files off my computer, als...

• Casual Listener
  • I had Spotify installed on my new laptop running Windows 8.  But the last time I logged in, it was not working.  I tried to reinstall it and I keep getting an Error Code 13, that the files ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify for windows 10 and error code 11

I cannot get this figured out. I have tried everything on the all the message boards. I cant get spotify to download. I have windows 10 and it gives me error 11 which says i have no space which isnt true. and then when I dont do the full set up it gi...

• I cannot get this figured out. I have tried everything on the all the message boards. I cant get spotify to download. I have windows 10 and it gives me error 11 which says i have no space which isnt&...
  • Userbored
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Spotify autmatically after you log into the computer - Minimized

I have selected both these options: Open Spotify autmatically after you log into the computer - MinimizedClose buttion should minimize the Spotify window to the tray - True Still, when I start the computer, spotify is minimized to task bar. NO ONE wa...

• I have selected both these options:   Open Spotify autmatically after you log into the computer - Minimized Close buttion should minimize the Spotify window to the tray - True   Still,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Switch account feature removed?

Hey, me and my girlfriend uses the same user account on my PC. We both have Spotify accounts, and until recently we were able to switch accounts by clicking the down arrow next to my profile name and select switch accounts. This feature recently disa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, me and my girlfriend uses the same user account on my PC. We both have Spotify accounts, and until recently we were able to switch accounts by clicking the down arrow next to my profile name and...
  • xxRAiDERxx
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

keeps telling me to play a song

I just downloaded Spotify onto my laptop (windows 10) and in the menu to the right, the getting started one, it says I'm 80% done and my only task left is to play a song. I've played lots of songs. How do I check that box and get this to go away?

• I just downloaded Spotify onto my laptop (windows 10) and in the menu to the right, the getting started one, it says I'm 80% done and my only task left is to play a song.  I've played lots of so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows app not playing music???

I uninstalled and redownloaded the app and nothing has changed. No song is available to play, it just skips until it's completed the playlist. Is this some new bug with an update? Web player works just fine.

• I uninstalled and redownloaded the app and nothing has changed. No song is available to play, it just skips until it's completed the playlist. Is this some new bug with an update? Web playe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes