Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • morefluff
  • Regular
  • 262 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 262 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Where is Discover tab?

Hello, Today, when I've typed premium code, I've seen that "Discover" option disappeared. Why?

• Hello,    Today, when I've typed premium code, I've seen that "Discover" option disappeared.   Why?
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! list by topic is greyed out on this forum

What it says: If I log out each topic is listed as it should be, but if I log in I get every individual post listed without the option of changing to anything more digestible.

• Gig Goer
  • What it says:   If I log out each topic is listed as it should be, but if I log in I get every individual post listed without the option of changing to anything more digestible.   &...
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

update 0.9.12.10 - embedded button half repaired

Just got the update 0.9.12.10 - the embedded button is working back BUT if it plays endividual track, it doesn't open in the desktop the album or the playlist where the track comes from. http://www.soundofus.com

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Just got the update 0.9.12.10 - the embedded button is working back BUT if it plays endividual track, it doesn't open in the desktop the album or the playlist where the track comes from.   h...
  • pio4000
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing Activity Bar

For several months now I have been unable to see what any of the people I am following are listening to. I have tried a number of things - reinstalling, looking through the forums, looking through settings, waiting for update after update in blind fa...

• Casual Listener
  • For several months now I have been unable to see what any of the people I am following are listening to. I have tried a number of things - reinstalling, looking through the forums, looking through se...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with an ad (sorry if I spammed this message.. something went wrong with my PC)

Sooo... I opened my spotify and the ad for Ariana Grande's new album was obstructing half of my screen.. I know that there are this kind of ads that are like "over spotify" floating... (the ones that darken the background). It wasn't one of them. It ...

• Casual Listener
  • Sooo... I opened my spotify and the ad for Ariana Grande's new album was obstructing half of my screen.. I know that there are this kind of ads that are like "over spotify" floating... (the ones that...
  • gerginius
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The profile page is MINE and not yours, Spotify

Well, as you know Spotify introduced the terrible idea of taking control of our profile pages. Before the intrusion: 1. Your playlists were listed on your profile page in the order you listed them in the playlist left hand navigation. 2. All your pub...

• Roadie
  • ...isted them in the playlist left hand navigation. 2. All your public playlists were listed.   After the intrusion: 1. Your playlists are listed on your profile public playlist page i...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

My Friends Spotify is attached to my facebook? My Playlists are gone!

Whenever I log into my spotify, my playlists do not show up, but a friend of mine's who had logged onto the device after I did. It shows up under my name, and my profile picture associated with facebook. However, if I log onto this site, my name show...

• Whenever I log into my spotify, my playlists do not show up, but a friend of mine's who had logged onto the device after I did.    It shows up under my name, and my profile picture asso...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to avoid Welcome Screen from popping up

Hi! I am a Spotify Unlimited user on Windows. I would like to permanently disable the annoying Welcome Screen from popping up every time you log in. Is this possible? Cant find any settings for it in Edit > Preferences in Spotify. Your help would be ...

• Visitor
  • Hi! I am a Spotify Unlimited user on Windows.   I would like to permanently disable the annoying Welcome Screen from popping up every time you log in.   Is this possible?  ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop player crashes every time I try to play any song

I am running Win7 Pro with service pack 1 and just reinstalled Spotify, which according the the about screen, is version 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc. Prior to reinstalling Spotify, every time I would try to play any song the program would crash. I uninstalle...

• Visitor
  • I am running Win7 Pro with service pack 1 and just reinstalled Spotify, which according the the about screen, is version 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc. Prior to reinstalling Spotify, every time I would try to ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Soptify doesn't play local files

Hi everyone, i have a problem with spotify: everything works great but when I try to play any local file trough Spotify i get an error message: "There is a problem with the sound decoder. Spotify can't play music." Every file is mp3 and they work wit...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, i have a problem with spotify: everything works great but when I try to play any local file trough Spotify i get an error message:   "There is a problem with the sound de...
  • dr_stein
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I am reaching the end of my limit

I have a spotify account that I signed up with through Facebook. I was ready to go Premium but it wouldnt let me dissconnect it from my Facebook. So I made a new one via my email address. The account signed up via Facebook has a user name of 12152603...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a spotify account that I signed up with through Facebook. I was ready to go Premium but it wouldnt let me dissconnect it from my Facebook. So I made a new one via my email address.   ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Public playlist not showing an image in search

Is there a reason why my playlists are not showing the usual image (first 4 tracks) when searched?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a reason why my playlists are not showing the usual image (first 4 tracks) when searched? 
  • Mathaus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

help me!

I accidently deleted my playlist 'its a very very mad world' can someone please help me?

• I accidently deleted my playlist 'its a very very mad world' can someone please help me?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play in offline mode

I can't play any offline songs. I thought they were supposed to be saved in the hard drive, but when I'm offline, I get a message saying that it's not possible in offline mode. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • I can't play any offline songs. I thought they were supposed to be saved in the hard drive, but when I'm offline, I get a message saying that it's not possible in offline mode. Help?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

deleting track changes scroll position

Did anyone else notice that in the latest version of Spotify deleting a track from a playlist completely changes the scroll position? Spotify 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc

• Roadie
  • Did anyone else notice that in the latest version of Spotify deleting a track from a playlist completely changes the scroll position?   Spotify 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc
  • miles_351
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

repeat the same options

it appears the same option twice of followers

• Visitor
  • it appears the same option twice of followers
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

NUS Discount Not working

I tried setting up an NUS card on my premium account, however when i put my Date of Birth in, it said "Invalid Date of Birth"? How do I fix this?? The card number worked fine yet whenever I try I can never get it to work because it thinks I've put a ...

• I tried setting up an NUS card on my premium account, however when i put my Date of Birth in, it said "Invalid Date of Birth"? How do I fix this?? The card number worked fine yet whenever I try I can...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

X amount of notifications, only a limited number showing when scrolling down

Hello, all. This has been happening for a while now and I'd like to see it worked out. Today, I logged onto Spotify and found out I had 56 notifications of new releases. Thing is, when I scroll down, it stops at about 20 and the thing doesn't scroll ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, all.   This has been happening for a while now and I'd like to see it worked out. Today, I logged onto Spotify and found out I had 56 notifications of new releases. Thing is, when I s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify last version 0.9.12.10

Hi community,Yesterday was released the last Spotify version 0.9.12.10. For me it looks the same. Did you guys experienced some change? Some new improvement?Regards.

• Roadie
  • Hi community, Yesterday was released the last Spotify version 0.9.12.10. For me it looks the same. Did you guys experienced some change? Some new improvement? Regards.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Restoring followers

How do I restore my deleted followers?

• How do I restore my deleted followers?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes