Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify "ghosts" when Spotify is not minimized and another app appears in front.

I can't report this in the bug section, but if you leave the Spotify window open, and then layer anything else above the spotify window, a ghost outline of the spotify window clearly appears. If you minimize Spotify before then it's not an issue, but...

• I can't report this in the bug section, but if you leave the Spotify window open, and then layer anything else above the spotify window, a ghost outline of the spotify window clearly appears. &nbsp...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts playing automatically again when Windows playback device changes on Windows 8.1

Hi all, I am using the Windows Desktop version on my private Laptop running on Windows 8.1. I am connecting my laptop to a different playback device (such as Bose Bluetooth speaker). When I pause the playing of songs in Spotify it always happens that...

• Hi all,   I am using the Windows Desktop version on my private Laptop running on Windows 8.1. I am connecting my laptop to a different playback device (such as Bose Bluetooth speaker). When ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

searching

How come when i search for a song it does not show all of the tracks? For example I search for "Close To You" and the version from Al Martino is nowhaere to be found. CAN SOMEONE SEARCH "Close to you" and then sort the results by artist and tell me i...

• Roadie
  • How come when i search for a song it does not show all of the tracks?  For example I search for "Close To You" and the version from Al Martino is nowhaere to be found.  CAN SOMEONE SEARCH "...
  • Bertram
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Title Update] Opening the Android App randomly kills playback on PC

I know I'm not losing my connection to the internet, but on 2 pcs now I'll get a couple of songs in, and then 1/2 way throught the 3rd or 4th song in, playback stops, and the active playing song changes to the same song (on both pcs) in one of my ran...

• Music Fan
  • I know I'm not losing my connection to the internet, but on 2 pcs now I'll get a couple of songs in, and then 1/2 way throught the 3rd or 4th song in, playback stops, and the active playing song chan...
  • WingnutWilson
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Account Desactivated

Hi Spotify, My account got desactivated and i want it back. I requested a refund because i had cancelled my subscription and my payment was done on paypal and i wanted to stop de payment because i dont use spotify during this month. But i will surely...

• Hi Spotify,   My account got desactivated and i want it back. I requested a refund because i had cancelled my subscription and my payment was done on paypal and i wanted to stop de payment b...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio is brocken

every time i dislike a song the song comes again after 3 songs with no dislike please help I DONT WANT JUSTIN BIBER

• Casual Listener
  • every time i dislike a song the song comes again after  3 songs with no dislike please help I DONT WANT JUSTIN BIBER
  • Denrie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I see my removed facebook friends?

Hey, sorry for my English, I am from Germany. When I click on Activity and then on "show all" at "people you can follow" there is one entry "facebook-friends on spotify". I removed some friends once, how can I see their acitivties again? I still have...

• Gig Goer
  • Hey,   sorry for my English, I am from Germany.   When I click on Activity and then on "show all" at "people you can follow" there is one entry "facebook-friends on spotify". &nbs...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't open Spotify Website

Spotify suddenly would not open on desk top (Windows) so uninstalled and tried to reinstall but cannot open the spotify website. Can open any other website so not an internet connectivity problem. Have followed recommendations on all forums to try an...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify suddenly would not open on desk top (Windows) so uninstalled and tried to reinstall but cannot open the spotify website.  Can open any other website so not an internet connectivity probl...
  • brewCity_TK
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Music will stop playing from playlists under browse

Multiple times a day my music will stop playing and the song on the bottom left changes to song from one of my saved playlists. I typically listen to playlists under the "Browse" section during the day. Randomly it will stop. When i look at the Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • Multiple times a day my music will stop playing and the song on the bottom left changes to song from one of my saved playlists. I typically listen to playlists under the "Browse" section during the d...
  • willmilesky
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access followed people (Following count is zero although I follow people)

I try to follow people, but still the number displayed (following) is zero. Same problem on Windows 8.1, Ubuntu and iPhone. (The number of followers is correct though.) So I can't access playlists and recent activity for followed people, only the fol...

• Casual Listener
  • I try to follow people, but still the number displayed (following) is zero. Same problem on Windows 8.1, Ubuntu and iPhone. (The number of followers is correct though.) So I can't access playlists an...
  • kinabengt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Browse Feature stuck loading

I have an Asus WIndows 7 laptop and I have the latest version of spotify. When I click Browse, then genres/moods. and then pick a genre nothing loads except this how do I fix this. PLEASE HELP

2014-04-18_0046.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have an Asus WIndows 7 laptop and I have the latest version of spotify. When I click Browse, then genres/moods. and then pick a genre nothing loads except this   how do I fix this. PLEAS...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Local music is played too loud

I think there might be a bug with the 'set same volume level for all tracks' feature. My local tracks always plays louder than tracks from the Spotify cloud. Could this be fixed please? I always have to lower the volume (~20%) or skip the song becaus...

• Roadie
  • I think there might be a bug with the 'set same volume level for all tracks' feature. My local tracks always plays louder than tracks from the Spotify cloud. Could this be fixed please? I always have...
  • xmas
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify desktop no audio

As of this afternoon, I hear no audio when I run spotify desktop. I checked system volume settings, output device selection, etc. I've rebooted. And other apps, like iTunes work. Perhaps coincidentally I just installed the latest version of iTunes. O...

• As of this afternoon, I hear no audio when I run spotify desktop.  I checked system volume settings, output device selection, etc.  I've rebooted. And other apps, like iTunes work.  Pe...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesnt save configuration

I need to change my temp folder on my system, fortunately thats possible in the spotifiy configuration. however I need to change it every time I reboot my PC or restart spotify. How can i save the configuration so that it doesnt reset every time?

• I need to change my temp folder on my system, fortunately thats possible in the spotifiy configuration. however I need to change it every time I reboot my PC or restart spotify. How can i save the co...
  • frk
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists missing from old Spotify account.

This account is my original Spotify account that I created several years ago. A few years ago I decided to create a new spotify account through Facebook in order to have a clean slate for sharing music with friends, without having to delete all my ol...

• This account is my original Spotify account that I created several years ago. A few years ago I decided to create a new spotify account through Facebook in order to have a clean slate for sharing mus...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reporting a bug for the windows player

I've been bothered by a bug the last week or so. When I listen to a playlist on the spotify player on windows (7), it suddenly stops playing from time to time. My internet connection is stable and I can press play with once, but as I do the player st...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been bothered by a bug the last week or so. When I listen to a playlist on the spotify player on windows (7), it suddenly stops playing from time to time. My internet connection is stable an...
  • gnerg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Personal Tracks - Is there an option to tell Spotify not to play them?

When i bought a new computer I loaded Spotify on first and it played every song i wanted to just fine. once i loaded my CD collection on my computer I started to hit tracks that would not play and I would get a notice saying "can't play current track...

• When i bought a new computer I loaded Spotify on first and it played every song i wanted to just fine. once i loaded my CD collection on my computer I started to hit tracks that would not play and I ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Disconnect everywhere issue

Hello, I am having issues with the "Disconnect everywhere" feature. Actually, I installed Spotify on my personal and professional computers (both on Win 7) and if I forgot to disconnect from home, I cannot connect to Spotify at the office. Even thoug...

• Hello,   I am having issues with the "Disconnect everywhere" feature. Actually, I installed Spotify on my personal and professional computers (both on Win 7) and if I forgot to disconnect fr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Controlling play on iPhone from my PC

So I have figure out fine to connect my PC to my iPhone with Spotify Connect. And yes - I can remote control my PC from the iPhone. But what I want is to play music on my iPhone (connected to me hifi), controlled from my desktop where I work. It work...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have figure out fine to connect my PC to my iPhone with Spotify Connect. And yes - I can remote control my PC from the iPhone.    But what I want is to play music on my iPhone (con...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use music hotkeys to control Spotify

I'm running Windows 8.1 on an Asus N56VB. It has integrated the play, pause, next, previous buttons, as almost any other laptop. But they don't work with Spotify. I have nothing else opened, and still can't get them to work with it. How do I fix it? ...

• Visitor
  • I'm running Windows 8.1 on an Asus N56VB.   It has integrated the play, pause, next, previous buttons, as almost any other laptop.   But they don't work with Spotify. I have nothing...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes