Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

New Spotify update removed all songs but not playlists

Hello, so recently Spotify decided to update on its own, it had been bothering me to update for quite a while. I am not big on many changes so I decided not to, but since I didn't really get a choice I let it update. That was yesterday and everything...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, so recently Spotify decided to update on its own, it had been bothering me to update for quite a while. I am not big on many changes so I decided not to, but since I didn't really get a choice...
  • mskuria
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Add to favourite bugs

Hi, Spotify decided to mess with me, using the latest version on Windows 8.1. When i add a track to my Selections, the + features, Spotify refuses so it cancels it, so i repeat it 3-6 times in a row, then finally spotify accept and the song is added....

• Music Fan
  • Hi,     Spotify decided to mess with me, using the latest version on Windows 8.1. When i add a track to my Selections, the + features, Spotify refuses so it cancels it, so i repeat ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Custom Station - Able To Create with Multiple Artists via New Playlist?

Hi... I understand that I can create a CUSTOM STATION by adding multiple artists to a playlist (and then, supposedly, there will be a “playlist radio” option to select…?) Anyhow, I created a new playlist, but I can’t figure out how to get an artist /...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi...   I understand that I can create a CUSTOM STATION by adding multiple artists to a playlist (and then, supposedly, there will be a “playlist radio” option to select…?)  Anyhow, I c...
  • Infoman
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Years later, Spotify desktop refusing to use 5.1 but, the web player does just fine.

Spotify web app plays and uses my 5.1 headset just fine, and my speakers.Spotify desktop application refuses to do so and has for years. I've brought this up, as have many others, several times. I am sick of using the web player to get my sub woofer ...

• Regular
  • Spotify web app plays and uses my 5.1 headset just fine, and my speakers. Spotify desktop application refuses to do so and has for years. I've brought this up, as have many others, several times. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recover Starred Songs

Hello I checked my starred songs today, and it seems that I have nothing starred. I know that shouldn't be right, because I've starred a lot of songs over the past couple of months. So, I'm wondering if one of you great Spotify support staffers could...

• Visitor
  • Hello   I checked my starred songs today, and it seems that I have nothing starred. I know that shouldn't be right, because I've starred a lot of songs over the past couple of months. So, I'...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Radio on Mobile

If I'm listening to, say, "70's genre" on radio, I assume that there is a large number of songs that could be played. So, why am I hearing the same song played 4 or 5 times in the space of an hour?

• If I'm listening to, say, "70's genre" on radio, I assume that there is a large number of songs that could be played.  So, why am I hearing the same song played 4 or 5 times in the space of an...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! music plays for 3 secs then shows "can't play the current track" for ALL OF THE MUSIC

As the subject header says, however, if I double click on the track repeated the music plays. Also the music doesn't play the next song automatically because of this message!!!!This happens most of the time but sometimes if I'm lucky it would just pl...

• As the subject header says, however, if I double click on the track repeated the music plays.  Also the music doesn't play the next song automatically because of this message!!!! This happ...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change country from Austria to Germany

Hello! I moved from Austria to Germany recently and therefore I also have a German credit card now. In order to use this card for the spotify premium payment I need to change my country-settings, but unfortunately I am not able to Every time I enter ...

• Hello!   I moved from Austria to Germany recently and therefore I also have a German credit card now. In order to use this card for the spotify premium payment I need to change my country-se...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Being taken to ad playlist despite not clicking on the ad.

Every few minutes, when the little banner ad is at the bottom, I get taken to the page of whatever it's advertising even though I never clicked on the ad. It only happens when Spotify is the active window. Has happened multiple times in a matter of o...

• Casual Listener
  • Every few minutes, when the little banner ad is at the bottom, I get taken to the page of whatever it's advertising even though I never clicked on the ad.  It only happens when Spotify is the ac...
  • rainbow_pie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help restore Favorites accidentally removed....me so stupid

Is there anyway to restore Favorites after I accidentally removed it's numbers? Thought I'd copied them to playlist, but that doesn't seem the case...Feel so stupid not checking playlist for this.... aaaaaaaagh!

• Is there anyway to restore Favorites after I accidentally removed it's numbers? Thought I'd copied them to playlist, but that doesn't seem the case...Feel so stupid not checking playlist for t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums and Songs Sorted Incorrectly

The songs within some albums are incorrectly sorted, meaning the albums are not in alphabetical order and songs are put in different track number positions. I'll screenshot an example of what I'm talking about. I could only attach 3 screenshots, thou...

• Regular
  • The songs within some albums are incorrectly sorted, meaning the albums are not in alphabetical order and songs are put in different track number positions. I'll screenshot an example of what I'm tal...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Phone and Desktop Player Won't Sync

My iPhone 5s and my Windows 8.1 Spotify apps will not sync. Music and playlists are completely different - they are not connected in the cloud at all when connecting on the same wifi. Absolutely ridiculous that I pay what I do to not have a consisten...

• My iPhone 5s and my Windows 8.1 Spotify apps will not sync. Music and playlists are completely different - they are not connected in the cloud at all when connecting on the same wifi. Absolutely ridi...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Hangs when State Farm Ad is started

I am running windows 8.1 and spotify app version 0.9.13.24.g5dbb3103. I am playing various albums and getting ads inserted every 3 or 4 songs. Everything is good. BUT, when the State Farm ad is selected to run, it never does. It sits there like it is...

• I am running windows 8.1 and spotify app version 0.9.13.24.g5dbb3103.  I am playing various albums and getting ads inserted every 3 or 4 songs.  Everything is good.  BUT, when the Stat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Welcome to the Desktop Beta

June 3, 2015 Update: Hi everyone, Spotify staff here. We wanted to say thanks to everyone that participated in this Desktop Beta. Your insights and feedback were incredibly valuable for the internal teams here at Spotify HQ. For now this Desktop Beta...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • June 3, 2015 Update:  Hi everyone, Spotify staff here. We wanted to say thanks to everyone that participated in this Desktop Beta. Your insights and feedback were incredibly valuable...
  • 0 replies
  • 197 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 197 likes

Cannot interact with Artist or Browse

I have had issues with latest spotify. I finally got most of it back with Safe mode download. But Artist page or Browse page are all white and I cannot access anything other than my songs. Please help.

• Regular
  • I have had issues with latest spotify.  I finally got most of it back with Safe mode download.  But Artist page or Browse page are all white and I cannot access anything other than my songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing music with people

I am trying to share music with friends on here. I can only do this with certain people who I am facebook friends with. I try to share with my boyfriend who is not on facebook, and I have no idea how to share using his spotify username. I do the norm...

• I am trying to share music with friends on here. I can only do this with certain people who I am facebook friends with. I try to share with my boyfriend who is not on facebook, and I have no idea how...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Posting Spotify URL or sharing to Facebook creates blank message

Hi there, when I post the url of a spotify playlist, it looks fine in the facebook preview and news feed but when the post goes 'live' this is what you see on the actual page. the workaround doesnt work for me. any suggestions? :

spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi there, when I post the url of a spotify playlist, it looks fine in the facebook preview and news feed but when the post goes 'live' this is what you see on the actual page. the workaround ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows desktop and Android phone

Hello, Ok, I am new to Spotify so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. If my family is home listening from the Windows desktop and I am at the gym listening from my Android, either I shut them down at home completely or they shut me down at...

• Hello,   Ok, I am new to Spotify so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.   If my family is home listening from the Windows desktop and I am at the gym listening from my Androi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Button shows when you hover over a friends picture...

Hey All, a friend noticed that a play button appears when you hover over a friend's picture in the 'messages' window... but when you click it all it does is blow away your play queue..... I'm assuming that's NOT what's supposed to happen... and I can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey All,   a friend noticed that a play button appears when you hover over a friend's picture in the 'messages' window... but when you click it all it does is blow away your play queue..... ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes