Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Queuing Quality of Life Improvments We Desperately NEED!

Posted as an idea here so please add kudos to it. These are things that are keeping Spotify from being one of the best players out there. It's plain to see that Spotify's queuing system is currently one of the worst in any popular player. I'll go int...

• Roadie
  • Posted as an idea here so please add kudos to it. These are things that are keeping Spotify from being one of the best players out there.     It's plain to see that Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Browse area - playlists have disappeared?

Just looking on Browse > Genres & Moods (specifically the 'Mood' area) and a load of playlists have gone missing? There are only about 100-200 in the whole of that section where there were absolutely thousands before, including my own playlist. I've ...

• Regular
  • Just looking on Browse > Genres & Moods (specifically the 'Mood' area) and a load of playlists have gone missing? There are only about 100-200 in the whole of that section where there wer...
  • Olly
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to save entire library offline

How can I download my complete collection of songs, in order to listen to them in offline mode on laptop? I am looking forward to some helpful answers ... Philipp

• Casual Listener
  • How can I download my complete collection of songs, in order to listen to them in offline mode on laptop? I am looking forward to some helpful answers ... 🙂   Philipp
  • Philipp98
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect for all clients including desktops and libspotify enabled devices

Hello Is this possible or should i post and idea about it . or ist one already Spotify connect for all clients including desktops and libspotify enabled devices . yes controll any spotify with any other spotify simple as that ! Unification of key fun...

• Roadie
  • Hello Is this possible or should i post and idea about it . or ist one already 🙂   Spotify connect for all clients including desktops and libspotify enabled devices .   yes control...
  • mrparity
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

Help with Spotify desktop app (PC)?

I've returned to Spotify after a few years and I am struggling to find what I would consider basic features, maybe someone can help me? I often don't know what I want to listen to, so I click on Browse and play one of the Spotify lists in there. How ...

• Visitor
  • I've returned to Spotify after a few years and I am struggling to find what I would consider basic features, maybe someone can help me?   I often don't know what I want to listen to, so I cl...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble addind new favorite tracks

Hello First off, I'm sorry if this problem has already been brought up (but I don't think so). These last couple of days, I've been having trouble with adding songs to my favorites. Usually, when I want to do that, I either click on the cross under t...

• Regular
  • Hello 🙂   First off, I'm sorry if this problem has already been brought up (but I don't think so).   These last couple of days, I've been having trouble with adding songs to my fav...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Download Album Art to folder on your pc

Is it possible to download songs album art from a whole playlist ? example: I hav 285 songs from the 80s I want to make a cool banner and download every songs album art. Is this possbile ?

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to download songs album art from a whole playlist ?   example:   I hav 285 songs from the 80s   I want to make a cool banner and download every songs album a...
  • dj_Robbie
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Flucuates/Equalizes During Playback Windows 7

During playback of a song/track, the volume level will fluctuate and equalize so that the volume is consistent throughout the song. This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, AND I CAN'T USE SPOTIFY ON MY LAPTOP BECAUSE OF THIS. A song that starts out quiet, then h...

• Casual Listener
  • During playback of a song/track, the volume level will fluctuate and equalize so that the volume is consistent throughout the song.  This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, AND I CAN'T USE SPOTIFY ON MY LAP...
  • haggardcd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Röyksopp song became greyed out but had been available

I had been enjoying "Röyksopp Forever" by Röyksopp, and had starred it - all good. Then it dissappeared! I found the "Hide unplayable Tracks" option in preferences and unchecked it, and now I can see it again but it's greyed out - as is most of the m...

• I had been enjoying "Röyksopp Forever" by Röyksopp, and had starred it - all good. Then it dissappeared! I found the "Hide unplayable Tracks" option in preferences and unchecked it, and now I can see...
  • bzite
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release notes for 0.9.12.6 and release notes in general

Come on spotify, I'm very disappointed in way in which you release new versions. I shouldn't have to go searching on a forum to find if any release notes have been posted. You should have a blog, dedicated page or even an in app summary of what's bee...

• Music Fan
  • ...blog, dedicated page or even an in app summary of what's been changed. (If you already have, it should be better publicised, as I've not yet found it)   If there is nothing worthy of a...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Batch Deleting Albums

My album list is huge and I want to remove at least half of them, Is it possible to highlight the albums I want to delete and remove them all at once?

• Casual Listener
  • My album list is huge and I want to remove at least half of them, Is it possible to highlight the albums I want to delete and remove them all at once? 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Spotify won't remember, that it was playing local files after PC reboot.

Hello. It seems like this issue was not reported anywhere. So, the issue is: if local files are being played and Spotify was restarted (either by just closing app or rebooting a PC) it won't remember, that local files were played before closing. It r...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   It seems like this issue was not reported anywhere. So, the issue is: if local files are being played and Spotify was restarted (either by just closing app or rebooting a PC) it w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Why doesn't Spotify FIX the Windows 8 player??

Windows 8 has now been around for years. Spotify has done many upgrades including it's excellent intrerface upgrade earlier this year. And still Spotify fails at Windows 8!!! Spotify audio output still stops as soon as power saving switches off the m...

• Roadie
  • Windows 8 has now been around for years. Spotify has done many upgrades including it's excellent intrerface upgrade earlier this year. And still Spotify fails at Windows 8!!! Spotify a...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Radio UI issue when Thumb Voting and Side Advertisements

Edit: fixed formatting, not sure what happened the first time. Hi Spotify team, Backstory: I recently started using the Radio experience at work, and I've been trying to be good about using the thumb-voting to give Spotify a better idea about the mus...

• Casual Listener
  • Edit: fixed formatting, not sure what happened the first time.   Hi Spotify team,   Backstory:   I recently started using the Radio experience at work, and I've been trying...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 8.1 - Cannot Start Spotify app - Freeze

Hi, New Canadian user. I have just received my invite code. My account works on the web and on Android. On Windows 8.1 (64 bits), I've tried multiple installs / reinstalls. When I see the login window, I can input my username and password, but none o...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   New Canadian user. I have just received my invite code. My account works on the web and on Android.   On Windows 8.1 (64 bits), I've tried multiple installs / reinstalls. ...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant get my premium to work at a new computer

My spotify account dont show up as a premiun account when I log in at work. Why is that? What to do? I dont get my playlist as well!

• Visitor
  • My spotify account dont show up as a premiun account when I log in at work. Why is that? What to do?  I dont get my playlist as well!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What has happened to radio

The radio feature used to be fantastic. When I started a playlist radio station I used to get music that was similar to the playlist. now i get all kinds of genres. As my playlists are based on genres and moods this new change makes the radio useless...

• Visitor
  • The radio feature used to be fantastic. When I started a playlist radio station I used to get music that was similar to the playlist. now i get all kinds of genres. As my playlists are based on genre...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Installation problem

I uninstalled spotife on my laptop with windows 8 because it wasn't working and now I can't seem to instal it anymore. Al it does i stay at the screen that says spotify is downloading after I open the setup. I hope anyone can help me.

• Casual Listener
  • I uninstalled spotife on my laptop with windows 8 because it wasn't working and now I can't seem to instal it anymore. Al it does i stay at the screen that says spotify is downloading after I open ...
  • miszblondiej
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify empty playlist?!

Hello, I'm Desolation. Out of the blue, as I logged back into Spotify, I decided that I wanted to listen to a game-related playlist of songs that parody actual songs, but all of a sudden, (first off) it would not let me play the 19 songs that I had o...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hello, I'm Desolation. Out of the blue, as I logged back into Spotify, I decided that I wanted to listen to a game-related playlist of songs that parody actual songs, but all of a sudden, ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

notification error

Doesn´t work the notifications in desktop       Please FIx It!

• Visitor
  • Doesn´t work the notifications in desktop       Please FIx It!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes