Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify instantly crashes following update

Spotify instantly crashes following update

Windows Programs and Features reports that I have v1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 installed.

I am running Windows 10. Using the UK version of Spotify. My Win7 work devices upgraded fine.

Cannot uninstall, I get the error message "The uninstaller failed to start.".

I tried re-downloading/installing, but have the same problem (i.e. it still instantly crashes when you try to open Spotify).

Is this happening to anyone else?

4 Replies

Same problem, win 7, except I can re-install (doesn't fix the issue though)

Still crashing.

I have since tried manually removing the Spotify folders in AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming folders. Following a reinstall, I get to the login screen without crashing. But it still crashes after attempting to login.

Also tried creating a new account to see if that resolved the issue but it didnt. I get the same behaviour.

Doesn't seem to be a firewall issue, it isn't reporting that it has blocked anything, but I dont have access to disable it to know for sure.

I did do a fresh install on a Windows 7 computer that didn't have Spotify before, and it worked though. Still wont work on my main machine, the main window come up, and then disappear without message, or dump file in the program folder.

In an attempt to consolidate the growing number of threads, see here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Crash-on-startup/td-p/1521877

Suggested posts