Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Skin Gallery

Spotify Skin Gallery

UPDATE:Since the newest Spotify versions 0.8.8+ the client uses a lot of web-based elements, which I sadly can not change with my methods. That's why I gave up on custom skins. So this here now, is just a gallery of what was possible before. If someone finds out how to change the new elements, feel free to contact me here. 😉

Also you can check out my darker skin for the WebPlayer here.

Spotify Client Version 0.8.5.1333:

(works for 0.8.5.1356 too)

Light & Bright

Version 0.8.5.1333 Download

Artist View.jpg

TopList View.jpg

Playlist View.jpg

Dark Blue

Version 0.8.5.1333: Download

Artist View.jpg

Top Lists View.jpg

Playlist View.jpg

Noble Black:

Artist View black.jpg

Top Lists.jpg

Playlist.jpg

True Green:

Artist View.jpg

Top Lists.jpg

Playlist.jpg

Spotify Client Version 0.8.8.3xx & 0.8.8.4xx:

Note: A lot of web-based elements got updated with this version that can not be changed e.g. Album/Artist view, playlist header.

(Versions: 0.8.8.347, 0.8.8.348, 0.8.8.349, 0.8.8.450, 0.8.8.454)

Light & Bright:

Version 0.8.8.4xx Download

Version 0.8.8.3xx Download

Artist view.jpg

Top Lists View.jpg

Playlist View.jpg

Noble Black:

Version 0.8.8.3xx Download

Artist View.jpg

Top Lists View.jpg

Playlist View.jpg

40 Replies

Thank you so much. I especially like the blue.

Lee

Glad you like it! 🙂

A little update for those who already have the new Spotify Version 0.8.8.295:

(Update: I've also added a 0.8.5.1333 Version of this new skin!)

You can see at my tutorial how to install the skin.

This new Spotify client version comes with more web-based elements, which (sadly) can not be changed.

Those are pretty bright, yet the other old elements are still in boring grey - which kinda looks out of place with those new elements.

That's why I've created my new bright & light version that has the color scheme to fit those new web-based elements. I think sooner or later Spotify will look like this anyway since it's clearly the way that Spotify seems to go at the moment with its new design choices.

Some features of that skin:

• Bright color to match the new web-based element
  • New highlight pointer (when you click on a line)
  • Better font style: 1 size bigger & darker to make it easier to read

Light & Bright:

Version 0.8.8.295 Download

(Version 0.8.5.1333 Download)

Artist View.jpg

Top Lists View.jpg

Playlist View.jpg

I've also updated my Noble Black skin to 0.8.8.295. Check it out here.

Enjoy! 🙂

These skins look great (I especially like the white skin)! Is there any way for this skin to be ported to the Mac client?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/285980

Hey!

Thanks, glad you like them! 🙂

The thing is, I don't have a Mac, nor do I know anything about it.

I am pretty sure that the actual skin replacement isn't much different than on Windows.

You just need to find out where Spotify is located on your Mac and search for the resources file in which the Spotify layout is stored. But even if you find it and can replace it with my altered resources file, I'm not sure that you will get the same result as on Windows. Heck, I don't even know if you got something like .zip on Mac... you see, I know nothing about Mac stuff. 😜

Someone else already made a Linux tutorial on it, so only Mac is missing. Maybe you can find out how! 😉

Any skins for mac?

As I've said, since I don't own a mac - my skins are only made for windows.

A lot of mac users ask for them but don't try it on their own... can't be so hard to find the Spotify folder on a mac.

Dunno if you can change the files there though, since the apple OS seems to be rather strict when it comes to changing stuff. 😛

Thanks for that. Only recently started using Spotify and found this when I searched for skins. Love Light & Bright.

Thanks, H.

Hi, I recently found your skins and I downloaded the Noble Black.

While having the 0.8.5.1333 version but then I went ahead and updated to 0.8.5.1356 and now I can't get the skin to work when you posted:

Spotify Client Version 0.8.5.1333:

(works for 0.8.5.1356 too)

Hmm weird!

I've tested it with 0.8.5.1356 like 2 weeks ago and worked flawless.

You have to notice that after an update, the resources.zip file gets rewritten, that's why you have to replace it again.

If that doesn't work, do you get any error messages or how does the skin "not work" anymore?

I replaced it twice and when I restart spotify it doesn't give me any errors.

The skin doesn't work at all, when I start spotify it uses it's default skin.

Okay, no errors and default skin .... are you sure you don't use the backup default resources.zip file?

That's pretty much the only explanation I can come up with. If you replace the correct one and the files get rewritten, Spotify has no chance but to use that black skin! 😛

It's in the first folder of this download file here.

112312312312.JPG

No I'm not computer illiterate, I clicked on the resources.zip in the folder.

It's just not possible that it does NOT load the skin if you did everything like I've outlined in my tutorial. There gotta be some mistake somewhere. Please go step by step carefully through the tutorial again, maybe check out the tutorial on youtube too. If you did everything like that, you are bound to have the black skin. It's not like there's any choice for Spotify, the default skin simply does not exist anymore if you did it correctly and can't be loaded from somewhere else either.

It isn't rocket science..

I was able to do it before I updated to the newer version.

After updating I tried it again and it doesn't work. It's not that hard to simply copy the zip file over and replace the original file.

And yes I know how to unzip the download. No I'm not unzipping the resources.zip

http://i.imgur.com/LlgA9k0.png

Well apparently it is rocket science. 😛

Seems like you have somehow renamed the whole downloaded file to resources.zip?

The sizes are not matching at all. The one in my downloaded folder has 1,9 MB while yours in the Spotify data folder has over 4.3.

Something went wrong there...

Do you plan to create a skin like this grey one which was default in latest version? I hate this white one now and your black ones are a bit too dark for me :c

I'll just figure it out on my own. Either way I did the same process before I updated to the new version and it worked fine.

The process itself is just extracting and replacing a zip folder.

Thanks for responding though.

I wish I could! Spotify introduced new white web-based elements that sadly can not be changed with my method. It can only change native UI elements like the sidebar or the header/footer etc. 😞

That's why it looks kinda inconsistent at the moment, they didnt adjust the native parts yet.

Suggested posts