Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Major issue in iOS 7 beta 3...

Solved!

Major issue in iOS 7 beta 3...

Anytime volume is adjusted in beta 3, the app crashes immediately. Works fine up until then.

Added note by MattSuda: 

Also -- the ability to re-arrange tracks (added in version 0.7.1) is not working in IOS 7 beta 3. When in "edit mode" the playlist view is bugged.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This was fixed with the release of version 0.7.2. If you have more feedback, please follow the steps and provide information in here.

Community Ergo Sum

View solution in original post

143 Replies

Spotify worked fine on iOS7 beta 1 and 2 but after today's upgrade to beta 3 it keeps on crashing after volume up/down buttons are used. My device is iPhone 5 and the bug appears to happen only while music is playing, not when the app is idle.

Uninstall last version and install once again. Don't update to new version. Temporary solution, but works.

Yep same problem here. It's probably something on Apple's side since it was working fine in the last 2 betas

It should be fixed by final release of iOS 7.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Tried that. It just downloads the lastest version. (0.7.1) 😕

Previous version is 0.6.4.2 and this works for me.

Is it possible to download the previous version in some way? Everything else is working for me in ios 7 beta 3, so I really don't want to go back to iOS 6.

Any way you could show how to install the older version? I can't get it through the App Store.

The only temporary solution I have found is to download the "Spotify for iOS 4" app. And that one is really missing a lot.

When I'm downloading app there is only older version with possibility to update to latest. Other apps too.

Having the same issue. Kinda dreading the long walk to work now.

I'm having the same issue. Pretty bad as its my main way of listening to music (well, preferred).

How do we download older versions of Spotify?

Issue occurs when running playlists not radios.

So far the fix is to download the iOS 4 app.

Temporary solution:

Open the App Store, search for "Spotify for iOS 4" and install it.

The same here.... Need some hotfix...

Same here - downloading the iOS 4 version seems to do the job in the meantime...

It crashes for me whenever I change the volume while spotify is open. Doesn't matter if a song is playing or not, if it's a playlist or radio, if I use the physical volume buttons or the in app volume slider. Crashes every time. Starting to regret upgrading to a beta iOS

Suggested posts