Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

Solved!

Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

I've made most of my playlists available offline but some songs in the playlist won't play on my phone when I'm offline.

Are all songs in spotify available offline?

Thanks

LB

66 Replies

I'm having similar problems and close to cancelling my premium Spotify subscription and moving to Deezer if this doesn't get sorted out soon.

My issue here, along with link to a video showing the recurring problem: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Latest-iOS-version-keeps-unsyncing-o...

Why do I have to reset my available offline playlists every time I open Spotify on my iPhone 5?

Hi All, 

I had this problem where most of the local tracks wouldnt snyc.

firstly, on your iphone set the auto lock to never, which can be found in settings. 

On your desktop spotify make the playlists available offline and do the same on your iphone. Once you have done that shut down both spoyify apps and reopen them and login as usual.  They will automatically start sync-ing again.

remember to change your auto lock back to your orignal setting after you have completed,

The auto lock stops the two devices from communicating when your iphone shuts off

Hope this helps

This was VERY helpful! Thank you.  Also... my iphone 4 is pretty full.  That may be a problem as well.  I only had so many GB left and it wouldn't let me sync them all!!

I ended up not making them all available offline and that freed up some room!  THANKS!

Hey all!

I had this problem too.  I ended up manually syncing and then unclicking some playlists.  I only made the ones I really wanted available offline.  I didn't have enough SPACE on my iphone 4 to get them all on there.  That may be why??

It worked for me!!

THANKS!

I have some local files songs and they won't play on my phone what should i do to play the songs on my phone??? 😞

@sandtara wrote:

I have some local files songs and they won't play on my phone what should i do to play the songs on my phone??? 😞

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have you synced those tracks to your phone using the steps here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just got mine to work by going to settings (on both the iphone and ipad spotify app) and under the tab music quality there is an option to sync over 2G/3G OR 3G/4G and when i did that the songs became available and stayed available even when I turned the option back off.

i have exactly the same issue except it appears to be random songs that appear and disappear. i thought when a playlist was added to spotify and downloaded to be "available offline" it would remain available regardless of whether there was i) a 3g/wifi signal, ii) the song was in the spotify catalogue and certainly iii) if the app was closed and opened again. 

can someone from spotify acknowldge there is an issue here and it's being investigated?

Don't hold your breath about Spotify paying a blind bit of notice to this. I haven't had any update or resolution to this annoying problem since... ever!

I'm still experiencing the same issue. I'm absolutely sick of it. Deezer here I come!

Hi some tracks just will not sync to my iphone for offline listening no matter what i do. One of which is the new Kanye album. It downloaded the first song but wont do the rest. I have tried deleting and readding. I have 17 free gigs. What can I do to get it to download?

I'm having the same problem and though I tried removing the app and reloading it, it still isn't working. Do you need to sync one play list at a time or something? This is extremely frustrating and making me lose my faith in Spotify!!!

You should check the disc space on your device.....there is a limit I think under which the sync is blocked.

I had a same problem and now it works....

In general Spotify recommend you have at least 500MB-1GB of free space before trying to sync anything. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Occasionally - say once a month or so - a song refuses to play offline on my iPod Touch. Can play from the desktop no problem, and can add other songs to the playlist , so I don't think it's a lack of free space that's causing the problem. It just won't play, and no amount of deleting the track and re-adding it solves the problem.

As I say it's only ever one track and it's fairly infrequent, so I guess I can put up with it.

Follow me

Is it always the same song?

No; it'll be a random song that I add to my new releases playlist; this time it's : http://open.spotify.com/track/6YegzFeT5ORlAzenC2yrS7

Follow me

I am having a huge issue with this- premium members, tracks stopped syncing randomly.  Tried reloading, updating, reinstalling, and smiling at it.  Not working at all- Anyone out there that can help?

my account is <<SNIP>>
I need to be able to play playlists: Body fit class (old school)and Body fit class playlists offline on my i phone for my work next wednesday, please help, i have tried everything, my mobile number is <snip>,  e mail is <<SNIP>>

EDIT:Personal data removed to protect poster

[Edit2: Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Suggested posts