Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
kmprice
My husband just signed up for a subscription and I would absolutely sign up for a "family plan" for my daughter and me if one were offered!
bengoodgion

rhapsody has this feature where you can have 1 mobile license, and 3  computer licenses for 9.99 a month or upgrade to 2 mobiles and 6 PCs for 15 a month. All the while being able to log on through their site from anywhere. I switched to Spotify because the inter phase is better but the service is so much worse. plus my girlfriend and I cant share service... Guess I'll be switching back when my free premium trial is done over here.

sunda98

+1 for this topic and this will be the only reason to switch from free to premium (germany). I can't pay 4 times 9,99€ for the hole family per month.

Paulmorgan64

I would also pay for additional users as my 2 children are such fans they demand use on their mobile devices.. 

Frankly you (Spotify) are leaving money on the table from your most committed fans, as well as great connectors in the form of kids, who willspread the good word naturally.. 

I feel 17.99 is slightly steep and would hope more for a 15.00 per month (with the economy as it is pricing has to be seen as customerfriendly) and for 3 persons - $20 per month, but I assure you they'll have an impact). As you're not marketing to themainstream as far as I kind tell ( Tv commercials) then with the families on your side it will have it's own street marketing impact.. And anothemyself-fulfilling marketing initiative.. 

HappyTommi

Yes! We nee a family plan. I think spotify is great but we wont spent 40€ for me, my wife and the two little kids...

ping_ch

Something like this is definitely needed. For me it's a show-stopper if I can't use the same account at work while my  gf is listening via Squeezebox at home.

Any information on when this is coming? If it's too long I'll cancel my subscription for the time being. 

Love this idea! 

sunda98

What is Spotifys opinion?  Is there a chance for a family discount? If yes in what time frame? Thanks in advance!

MattSuda

I've heard that Spotify is working on family plans, but no ETA for arrival. 

wolfpack05

There is definitely a market need for a "family" plan i.e. a group of affiliated individuals. There is also the need for a "multi-player" capability i.e. the ability for an individual to play Spotify on multiple devices simultaneously. An example would be simply playing Spotify on your home theater system while also playing it on your iPhone as you walk around your home without having to start and stop each device every time you walk out of the room. In the end, these two separate use-cases probably represent one common requirement which is the ability to purchase a simultaneous, multi-player capability by either one or multiple affiliated individuals on some volume discount basis.

If you create this service, I'll buy it. More revenue to Spotify. More service to your clients. This is a good thing.