Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Alexa Echo Gen. 4, Android, MacBook Pro

Operating System

Android 14, macOS 14.1.2

My Question or Issue

When playing over Alexa, Spotify frequently just stops playing music after a song ends, even though it there are more songs queued. Looking into any of the apps reveals that Spotify thinks it's still playing the last song, but at like minute 58:34 of 6:05 total minutes.

4 Replies

Hey @Luca-,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you confirm if this happens on all devices that you've listed with your Spotify-account? Have you tried with a different account?

To begin troubleshooting we recommend unlinking the Alexa from Spotify and for that you can check out the steps in this post here. After that it's a good idea to even give Spotify a clean reinstall as it can help resolve different issues with the app's performance. Of course, you can then link your speaker once again.

Make sure to also clear the stored cache when doing the reinstall and it's worth mentioning that you'd need to re-download your content for offline listening once again after you're done with the reinstallation process. 

Let us know if these steps make any difference 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've tried those steps and can confirm, that this happens with all my devices. A clean reinstallation did not help.

Hey @Luca-,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using a Gen 4 Echo Dot and I haven't noticed any similar issues. I'd suggest resetting the speaker and testing with a different connection (if possible). 

Also, see if you can find a pattern to this behavior e.g. starting the playback from a search result/playlist/album, adding/not adding songs to the queue.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

bump

Suggested posts