Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Syncing songs offline cancels

Whenever I try to sync songs to offline, the songs will do the loading icon like they're syncing, but then it disappears and the song stops syncing.

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to sync songs to offline, the songs will do the loading icon like they're syncing, but then it disappears and the song stops syncing.
  • Kelsololz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Please Help

Please help me locate instructions on how to use this. I'm technically savvy and have never had problems using an app but I'm so confused... I added a song to my playlist but there's no option to listen to it?? I can listen to: other songs from that ...

• Please help me locate instructions on how to use this. I'm technically savvy and have never had problems using an app but I'm so confused... I added a song to my playlist but there's no option to lis...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Iphone 4s will not go offline for the past month

I have been working with tech support for the past month because my Spotify app doesn't work offline. It worked perfectly until March 1. We've added & removed my offline devices, nothing. We've deleted the app & reinstalled, nothing. Nothing that tec...

• I have been working with tech support for the past month because my Spotify app doesn't work offline.  It worked perfectly until March 1.  We've added & removed my offline devices, noth...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Screensaver on Apple TV

I am a new user to Spotify. I like to stream it via Apple TV, and it is particularly good for dinner parties. However, the Apple TV screensavers are very distracting, as are the rotating album covers.One time, it suddenly changed to a very pleasing S...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a new user to Spotify. I like to stream it via Apple TV, and it is particularly good for dinner parties. However, the Apple TV screensavers are very distracting, as are the rotating album covers...
  • JimmySmith
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't load

I'm a premium customer and for the last few days when I try and open Spotify from my iPhone or iPad I just get the Apple logo on screen for a few seconds and then I get returned to my lock screen. No access to Spotify at all. Que pasa?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a premium customer and for the last few days when I try and open Spotify from my iPhone or iPad I just get the Apple logo on screen for a few seconds and then I get returned to my lock screen. No...
  • Ragivas
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify in iPod nano 6Gen?

Will the spotify app run on a iPod nano 6 generation that supports apps..?Thanks

• Will the spotify app run on a iPod nano 6 generation that supports apps..? Thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium won't activate

I just purchased spotify premium and it is still saying that I have spotify free. I have deleted the app and restarted my phone and it still doesn't work. Please help

• I just purchased spotify premium and it is still saying that I have spotify free. I have deleted the app and restarted my phone and it still doesn't work. Please help
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify 7 day prenium

i want to know hoe to get the 7 day prenium? someone help because im getting on a plane for 10 hours tommorrow!!

• i want to know hoe to get the 7 day prenium? someone help because im getting on a plane for 10 hours tommorrow!!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

UNWANTED SHUFFLE

Somehow "shuffle" was mistakenly activated, and I have no idea how to turn it off. I don't want a hip hop or heavy metal track interrupting when I am listening to Mozart for example. It defeats the whole idea of spotify, and evidently there is no pho...

• Somehow "shuffle" was mistakenly activated, and I have no idea how to turn it off.  I don't want a hip hop or heavy metal track interrupting when I am listening to Mozart for example.  It d...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can´t put music offline on my iphone 4

I can´t put music offline on my iphone 4 anymore. It used to work. But now if I switch a playlist offline. It will only put one or two numbers offline out of the entire playjist or none at all. I have enough space on my Iphone, so that´s not the prob...

• I can´t put music offline on my iphone 4 anymore. It used to work. But now if I switch a playlist offline. It will only put one or two numbers offline out of the entire playjist or none at all. I hav...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting Features

One of my favorite parts about the desktop version of Spotify is the ability to sort tracks into various orders. The app versions should all have this feature also, as well as the A to Z scroll bar. Finding music in a playlist can be annoyingly diffi...

• Casual Listener
  • One of my favorite parts about the desktop version of Spotify is the ability to sort tracks into various orders. The app versions should all have this feature also, as well as the A to Z scroll bar. ...
  • pyroza
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Android App
    Apple iPhone app
    Feature
    landscape
    sorting
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Why isn't Spotify working on my iPhone 4?

Recently the Spotify app on my iPhone 4 stopped working. At first, it was just giving me the usual "Playlist not available offline" message. I tried redownloading the app and I also tried logging out and logging back in. Now, none of my music or play...

• Recently the Spotify app on my iPhone 4 stopped working. At first, it was just giving me the usual "Playlist not available offline" message. I tried redownloading the app and I also tried logging out...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search Issue

Usually I listen offline to playlists that I have synced for offline use, but when I go online to search new music I'm unable to search for anything. It says 'no search results' or something close to that. Then if I close the app and reopen it, I'm a...

• Usually I listen offline to playlists that I have synced for offline use, but when I go online to search new music I'm unable to search for anything. It says 'no search results' or something close to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Oontz Angle Bluetooth device

Hello! I was able to listen to music on my Oontz angle bluetooth speaker since yesterday, but today something changed. My speaker works perfectly with other bluetooth apps but not with sopotify on my iphone 5. Please let m know if you can do somethin...

• Hello! I was able to listen to music on my Oontz angle bluetooth speaker since yesterday, but today something changed. My speaker works perfectly with other bluetooth apps but not with sopotify on my...
  • brdude
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Saved albums available offline when I don't want them to be

I'm trying to free up memory on my iPhone by making several saved albums no longer available in offline mode. But, when I hit the toggle swtich away from green, songs still remain with the green arrow and marked as available offline. I can't seem to ...

• Regular
  • I'm trying to free up memory on my iPhone by making several saved albums no longer available in offline mode.  But, when I hit the toggle swtich away from green, songs still remain with the gree...
  • jamrosen
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Un-syncing on iPhones

Please help as I am frustrated! I have some local files that I have imported into Spotify. I sync them to my iPhones and they stay for awhile (several days to a couple weeks) and then randomly the iPhones will say the file is unavailable and has to b...

• Casual Listener
  • Please help as I am frustrated!  I have some local files that I have imported into Spotify.  I sync them to my iPhones and they stay for awhile (several days to a couple weeks) and then ran...
  • Jecca7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some local files syncing, some not... new problem since last Spotify iPhone app update

I'm having a weird issue and wonder if it's happening to anyone else. I know how to sync local files to my phone through Spotify and how to ensure I can listen to them offline -- been doing it for years. After the last iPhone update, Spotify now only...

• I'm having a weird issue and wonder if it's happening to anyone else. I know how to sync local files to my phone through Spotify and how to ensure I can listen to them offline -- been doing it for ye...
  • chocowocky
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

1 song won't sync

I have this issue where this one song won't sync.It's always the same song.If I delete the app then download it again, the song syncs but then shortly unsyncs itself.It still has the green arrow to say it is synced to my phone but I am unable to pres...

• Casual Listener
  • I have this issue where this one song won't sync. It's always the same song. If I delete the app then download it again, the song syncs but then shortly unsyncs itself. It still has the gree...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with app

Sometimes when adjusting volume with the iPhone side volume buttons, the volume suddenly goes to max on Spotify, even breaking the volume limits set on iOS. The iPhone volume indicator freezes on screen, and you can't adjust it at all, not with the s...

• Visitor
  • Sometimes when adjusting volume with the iPhone side volume buttons, the volume suddenly goes to max on Spotify, even breaking the volume limits set on iOS. The iPhone volume indicator freezes on scr...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iphone 6 plus
    Latest iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes