Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify wont work on my iphone 4

I have an iphone 4 and my spotify stopped working a while ago. The app will open, but then it just shows the logo and does not allow me to actually use it.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iphone 4 and my spotify stopped working a while ago. The app will open, but then it just shows the logo and does not allow me to actually use it.
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify not working
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync not working

Hi guys please help, I am trying to use spotify premium on my iphone running ios 7.1.2. I have created 2 playlists, when I select to make them available offline nothing happens. If I delete and reinstall the app then it will sometimes sync the first ...

• Hi guys please help, I am trying to use spotify premium on my iphone running ios 7.1.2. I have created 2 playlists, when I select to make them available offline nothing happens. If I delete and reins...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • synced offline won't play
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Trending" not translate on french version

Hello on french version of Spotify the word "Trending" playlist is not translate. Can u fixe it please? Must be "Tendances"

• Hello on french version of Spotify the word "Trending" playlist is not translate. Can u fixe it please? 🙂    Must be "Tendances" 😉
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Login modal error

DescriptionLogin error modal has missing titleA more detailed description, using numbered steps1. Logged in to Spotify app on iPhone #12. Logged in to Spotify app on iPhone #2 (using same username & password)3. iPhone #1 provides a modal where at the...

• Visitor
  • Description Login error modal has missing title A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Logged in to Spotify app on iPhone #1 2. Logged in to Spotify app on iPhone #2 (using same u...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange playback behaviour (shuffle, queue, sequential playback)

iOS 2.8.0.2381 Hasn't Spotify app started behaving rather strangely??? 1a. Sequential playback - when I click on sth, e.g. one of the popular tracks on the artist's page, app should play stuff sequentially starting from this track. It plays one track...

•  iOS 2.8.0.2381   Hasn't Spotify app started behaving rather strangely???   1a. Sequential playback - when I click on sth, e.g. one of the popular tracks on the artist's page, app ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can you put Playlists in your own specific order (playlists. NOT songs)?

In YOUR MUSIC it's showing my list of playlists (NB I'm talking about playlists and not songs in playlists). I know you can give some sort of sorting to this list of playlists, but I want to put them in my own order. Can you drag playlists around to ...

• Casual Listener
  • In YOUR MUSIC it's showing my list of playlists (NB I'm talking about playlists and not songs in playlists). I know you can give some sort of sorting to this list of playlists, but I want to put them...
  • Zakk
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Kendrick Lamar Chapter Six song will not play

I am a premium member. I am able to download the song. I have removed and added it from my music and it will not play. It won't play from the artist page either. All other songs will play except that one. Fix this please.

• I am a premium member. I am able to download the song. I have removed and added it from my music and it will not play. It won't play from the artist page either. All other songs will play except that...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I remove a song from a playlist?

I used to be able to swipe and delete, but now it only deletes from "My Music" whatever that means. How do I do this?

• Regular
  • I used to be able to swipe and delete, but now it only deletes from "My Music" whatever that means.  How do I do this?
  • Zakk
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not getting all notifications

I move between my iPhone and desktop all day. Notifications for new songs I've asked for are showing up on some devices and then not on others. Frustrating. How can I get all notifications to appear on all devices?Where can I find a history of my not...

• I move between my iPhone and desktop all day.  Notifications for new songs I've asked for are showing up on some devices and then not on others.  Frustrating.   How can I get all not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Desktop App Doesnt show 'Devices' Section and cannot sync my iphone

Hi there. I have had this problem for over a month. The desktop app doesn't sisplay usual ' DEVICES' section at all, so I cannot 'hand pick' playlists for my iphone as the app doesn't see it at all! I have tried: Reinstalling both Iphone and Desktop ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there. I have had this problem for over a month.   The desktop app doesn't sisplay usual ' DEVICES' section at all, so I cannot 'hand pick' playlists for my iphone as the app doesn't see it...
  • malinaf1
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Wrong unread number badge on activity (again)

Hello,After i update ios app to 2.8.0 today, it shows 1 or 2 unread activity but i read all already. I click on it to show latest activities, cant see any new activity but it still show same numbers.

• Visitor
  • Hello, After i update ios app to 2.8.0 today, it shows 1 or 2 unread activity but i read all already. I click on it to show latest activities, cant see any new activity but it still show same numb...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible for someone to hack an existing playlist?

My wife had a very strange incident happen and it is rather disturbing. I know there has to be a logical explaination for it, but haven't been able to find one. The playlist my wife was playing for my infant son was "Nursery Rhymes Mania!". It was pl...

• Casual Listener
  • My wife had a very strange incident happen and it is rather disturbing. I know there has to be a logical explaination for it, but haven't been able to find one.   The playlist my wife was play...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Messages Across Devices

Not sure if this is really 'help' but... I use Spotify on my iPhone and on my desktop, but it annoys me that I'll have tons of message notifications on my phone and none on my desktop. If I open the message on the desktop it does not remove it from t...

• Regular
  • Not sure if this is really 'help' but...   I use Spotify on my iPhone and on my desktop, but it annoys me that I'll have tons of message notifications on my phone and none on my desktop. If I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs skip when in my car on offline mode

When I go into offline mode and connect to my car. The first song plays but every song after only plays a few seconds and then goes to the next song. If I disconnect and then reconnect, the same problem happens.Help!!!

• When I go into offline mode and connect to my car. The first song plays but every song after only plays a few seconds and then goes to the next song. If I disconnect and then reconnect, the same prob...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist insists on playing removed track

For the past few weeks, I've been experiencing a bug in the iPhone client.I have a "current" playlist which I swap songs in and out of on a weekly basis.This playlist is also set to sync for offline use.When I play new tracks, after a few songs the p...

• Regular
  • For the past few weeks, I've been experiencing a bug in the iPhone client. I have a "current" playlist which I swap songs in and out of on a weekly basis. This playlist is also set to sync for offl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No puedo conectarme a dispositivos con connect a pesar de ser usuario PREMIUM

Hola!!Recientemente he adquirido un dispositivo GRAmofon y no puedo conectarme a él ni a otros dispositivos mediante connect a pesar de estar conectado a la misma red wifi con la última versión de la app instalada y la misma sesión abierta. He reinst...

• Visitor
  • Hola!! Recientemente he adquirido un dispositivo GRAmofon y no puedo conectarme a él ni a otros dispositivos mediante connect a pesar de estar conectado a la misma red wifi con la última versión de ...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Sync Local Files in Playlist to my iPhone

I have local (file) music in a playlist on my Mac. I have the playlist set as "Available Offline". Have both my iPhone and Mac on the same WiFi network. But the local files will not play on my iPhone. The playlist is there on my iPhone and the local ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have local (file) music in a playlist on my Mac. I have the playlist set as "Available Offline". Have both my iPhone and Mac on the same WiFi network. But the local files will not play on my iPhone...
  • sith28
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Crashing on IOS 8.1.2 - Iphone 6

First off, this is really pissing me off. Second off, this is really pissing me off. Here's the situation: I just started a Spotify family (premium) account after being a longtime Spotify listener myself. Everything was going fine for about a week, t...

• Regular
  • First off, this is really pissing me off. Second off, this is really pissing me off.   Here's the situation:   I just started a Spotify family (premium) account after being a longtime S...
  • cyberfatty
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    ios 8.1.2
    iphone6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausing

mid way through a song, playback pauses for no apparent reason on my ipad. this account is not being used by any other device.

• Casual Listener
  • mid way through a song, playback pauses for no apparent reason on my ipad. this account is not being used by any other device.
  • momotaru
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

2.4.0.1822 forgets shuffle and repeat

I think that starting with version 2.3 spotify loses the settings for shuffle and repeat. I start playing the first song in a playlist and it continues on to the second. Worse, when playing an album it now always stops playing. I think it's related t...

• Regular
  • I think that starting with version 2.3 spotify loses the settings for shuffle and repeat. I start playing the first song in a playlist and it continues on to the second. Worse, when playing an albu...
  • laughinman1
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • shuffle repeat settings
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes