Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Cache/Preloading not working

I use to be able to listen to a song, or pre-load a song, and when out of service (eg underground on subway) I'd still be able to listen to all the songs I've recently played. Now when listening to a song I've played 100 times, it cuts out the second...

• Casual Listener
  • I use to be able to listen to a song, or pre-load a song, and when out of service (eg underground on subway) I'd still be able to listen to all the songs I've recently played. Now when list...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify on the iPad requires log in on iTunes for use, how to get rid of iTunes log in?

For a week or so Spotify on the iPad requires log in on iTunes and otherwise doesn`t get started! With Spotify on the lap top I don`t have any problemsI don`t have an iTunes account and don`t intend to get one, how do I manage to unlink Spotify on th...

• For a week or so Spotify on the iPad requires log in on iTunes and otherwise doesn`t get started! With Spotify on the lap top I don`t have any problems I don`t have an iTunes account and don`t inten...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to login in to my iphone 6 Facebook err message

Been a premium member for over a year and this is my first problem ever with Spotify. I log in via facebook and and change my FB pwd today because it was not reconizing it. I am able to login into my desktop no problems but when i try to login using ...

• Casual Listener
  • Been a premium member for over a year and this is my first problem ever with Spotify. I log in via facebook and and change my FB pwd today because it was not reconizing it. I am able to login into my...
  • datrick
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems canceling subscription

I signed up for a 6-month free trial through Sprint on 11/24/14. The trial ended on 4/24/15. Instead of canceling it, I decided to just pay the monthly fee of 10 dollars to keep it. On 5/4/15, I decided to cancel the subscription. Because I signed up...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for a 6-month free trial through Sprint on 11/24/14.   The trial ended on 4/24/15. Instead of canceling it, I decided to just pay the monthly fee of 10 dollars to keep it. On 5/4/1...
  • Pricilla
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't open my playlists in "my music" tab

Hello, Since 2 days i have trouble to acces my playlists on my IOS device. If i click the 'button' that links to my playlists it wont open it just gives no reaction. Yesterday i had the same problem on the webplayer all the other features work. But i...

• Hello,   Since 2 days i have trouble to acces my playlists on my IOS device. If i click the 'button' that links to my playlists it wont open it just gives no reaction. Yesterday i had the same...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • accessibility
    freeze
    IOS 8.3
    iOS playlist
    my music
    no reaction
    WebPlayer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not Log in (Android and IOS)

Hi I can not log in to Spotify after installing the app. To reproduce:Install SpotifyAttempt to launch Spotify.Log inWrite username and PasswordPress Log inLog in is not possibleSystem information: Mobile (Android):Modelnumber: LG-E460 (LG Optimus L7...

• Regular
  • Hi I can not log in to Spotify after installing the app.   To reproduce: Install Spotify Attempt to launch Spotify. Log in Write username and Password Press Log in Log in is not possibl...
  • thosol01
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Only some of my songs are available off line... Why is this??

Only some of the songs in playlists have the green arrow highlighted and are available off line..... How do I get all the songs/ playlists to do this???

• Only some of the songs in playlists have the green arrow highlighted and are available off line..... How do I get all the songs/ playlists to do this???
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 7 day free trail

Hey.Last Wednesday I got the 7 day free trail after using the mobile app for a while. I expected the trail to run out today and I received multiple notifications on my phone since Tuesday night saying that my premium subscription will run out in 24 h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey. Last Wednesday I got the 7 day free trail after using the mobile app for a while. I expected the trail to run out today and I received multiple notifications on my phone since Tuesday night say...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists and Friends

Hi Everyone, I have 2 issues of which I cannot find any answers to. The first is returning to a playlist on my mobile devices. If I am playing a certain playlist "acoustic morning" for example and start browsing, it's easy enough to return to the son...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Everyone,   I have 2 issues of which I cannot find any answers to. The first is returning to a playlist on my mobile devices. If I am playing a certain playlist "acoustic morning" for examp...
  • MisterJ
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Error in startWithCompletionBlock when connecting in BMW Connected Drive

At the moment, I am very disappointed with Spotify. Not only is there a lot of new music that just does not become available on Spotify. Also, the USB integration of Spotify into BMW ConnectedDrive started to work about 3 months back and now is total...

• Casual Listener
  • At the moment, I am very disappointed with Spotify. Not only is there a lot of new music that just does not become available on Spotify. Also, the USB integration of Spotify into BMW ConnectedDr...
  • markh1000
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New Album Releases not showing up on my iphone

Hi so i'm using an Iphone and on the Iphone spotify app,i can't access new album releases it does load but when it's done loading it's blank.However on the desktop version i can access it just fine.Please help.

• Hi so i'm using an Iphone and on the Iphone spotify app,i can't access new album releases it does load but when it's done loading it's blank.However on the desktop version i can access it just fine.P...
  • tomlind88
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod nano not detected

I have 2 iPod nano, the first one is a 2nd generation ipod, the second one is 7th generation. Both of them work fine with itunes, but when I try to sync them with Spotify, spotify doesn't detect them. I have tried in many different computers (PC, lap...

• Visitor
  • I have 2 iPod nano, the first one is a 2nd generation ipod, the second one is 7th generation. Both of them work fine with itunes, but when I try to sync them with Spotify, spotify doesn't detect them...
  • rafaelporto
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong track dispayed when controlling mac from iPad

Hi When i use my ipad to control spotify on my mac, both the art works and tracks dispalyed match up, however when i queue a track from another album/playlist to the one currently playing when the track starts the ipad displays the wrong track. It sh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   When i use my ipad to control spotify on my mac, both the art works and tracks dispalyed match up, however when i queue a track from another album/playlist to the one currently playing wh...
  • archtom
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't download my whole playlist!!!HELP

I have a Iphone 6 and the Premium Spotify! I made my own playlist. I wanna listen this playlist in the offline mode too! So i clicked the buttom on the right side in my playlist "offlinemode" And i see left beside the songs a synbol. Whem they are gr...

• I have a Iphone 6 and the Premium Spotify! I made my own playlist. I wanna listen this playlist in the offline mode too! So i clicked the buttom on the right side in my playlist "offlinemode" And i s...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Available Offline in Album vs Artist vs Song

I am not sure why a song is Available Offline under Artists when I turn that on, for example, but that same song is not then selected as Available Offline under Album. For example, I saved a Chicago song to My Music. Under Albums, I chose to make the...

• Casual Listener
  • I am not sure why a song is Available Offline under Artists when I turn that on, for example, but that same song is not then selected as Available Offline under Album.   For example, I saved&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Radio vs Song Radio

What is the difference between an Artist Radio and a Song Radio? Sorry for missing something that is probably very obvious.

• Casual Listener
  • What is the difference between an Artist Radio and a Song Radio? Sorry for missing something that is probably very obvious.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming vs. Offline Music Quality

I've had a Premium subscription for about a year now and finally have gotten a Yamaha reciever capable of Spotify integration. I have several albums,etc saved offline in "normal" quality for when I'm excercising or away from a WiFi connection. Howeve...

• I've had a Premium subscription for about a year now and finally have gotten a Yamaha reciever capable of Spotify integration.   I have several albums,etc saved offline in "normal" quality for...
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "An Error Occured, Retry"

Everytime I try to go into 'radio' and 'activity' message comes up saying "An error occurred, retry". Also when I try to search for new music it takes for ever for the menu to load up even when I am on my wifi.I have tried deleting and reinstalling t...

• Regular
  • Everytime I try to go into 'radio' and 'activity' message comes up saying "An error occurred, retry". Also when I try to search for new music it takes for ever for the menu to load up even when I am ...
  • aidan_mullan
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get premium to activate.

I payed for a spotify premium subscription through the App Store. I should have used the spotify website instead. I thought I was going to relieve the premium service for 99cent for the first three months. Instead I was charged 12.99 from iTunes and ...

• Casual Listener
  • I payed for a spotify premium subscription through the App Store. I should have used the spotify website instead. I thought I was going to relieve the premium service for 99cent for the first three m...
  • Funkyboss1
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help everything is gone

When I wanted to play music on my iPhone this morning the music played without sound. So I turned my phone off and on again an then all music and playlists were gone. Spotify still takes up several gb on my iPhone but in the app nothing's there anymo...

• Casual Listener
  • When I wanted to play music on my iPhone this morning the music played without sound. So I turned my phone off and on again an then all music and playlists were gone. Spotify still takes up several g...
  • mariuszbecker
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes