Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Mobile Data Usage

Ive been using Spotify since february 1st, no more than an hour or two a day, and being today february 4th, ive already used 131mb... Is this normal? It feels like its using too much. I have a 4s iPhone, latest iOS available...latest spotify update s...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive been using Spotify since february 1st, no more than an hour or two a day, and being today february 4th, ive already used 131mb... Is this normal? It feels like its using too much. I have a 4s iPh...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

sync local files on mac to my iphone

I have songs that not on spotify. However, I want to listen to them on my iphone using spotify. everytime it is on my iphone is greyed out and says sync to computer to play on phone. I did that already. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • I have songs that not on spotify. However, I want to listen to them on my iphone using spotify. everytime it is on my iphone is greyed out and says sync to computer to play on phone. I did that alrea...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unlink from Facebook

I have tried so many ways. I tried Edit>Preferences>Disconnect from FB. Still my photo and my name and my friends are there. Keep asking me to follow my fb friends. I even tried reinstalling after disconnecting. Still not working. I don't want Facebo...

• I have tried so many ways. I tried Edit>Preferences>Disconnect from FB. Still my photo and my name and my friends are there. Keep asking me to follow my fb friends. I even tried reinstalling af...
  • mrobertson234
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song file syncing

There's this album that's partly unavailable in my country (some of the songs are available but others aren't), but I have bought the record and downloaded the music files to my computer and am able to play them through Spotify on my PC thanks to tha...

• Casual Listener
  • There's this album that's partly unavailable in my country (some of the songs are available but others aren't), but I have bought the record and downloaded the music files to my computer and am able ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify app on my iPhone is freezing whenever I tap on the Playlists heading at the top.

My Spotify app on my iPhone is freezing whenever I tap on the Playlists heading at the top. It does eventually load but either going from the Playlist heading or back to it, it is really slow. In fact, checking it out again, it seems to affect going ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify app on my iPhone is freezing whenever I tap on the Playlists heading at the top. It does eventually load but either going from the Playlist heading or back to it, it is really slow. &nbs...
  • Hardiebhoy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify on iOS 2.3.0 "skipping" during playback

Ever since update to 2.3.0 I seem to have a nostalgiac mode enabled which emulates scratched CDs from my youth by 'skipping' during portions of songs that are playing. Sometimes it's a momentary pause, other times it will play the same second of a so...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since update to 2.3.0 I seem to have a nostalgiac mode enabled which emulates scratched CDs from my youth by 'skipping' during portions of songs that are playing. Sometimes it's a momentary paus...
  • jared_marsau
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6 battery with Spotify

I'm looking to purchase and iPhone 6 and battery life is really important to me. The phone seems to have a good battery, but I'm concerned that spotify will drain the battery quickly if I use it often. I have premium and I've read about people having...

• I'm looking to purchase and iPhone 6 and battery life is really important to me. The phone seems to have a good battery, but I'm concerned that spotify will drain the battery quickly if I use it ofte...
  • elovasz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I randomly started controlling a stranger's phone (and vice versa) and now my songs are gone.

Yesterday, I was out driving in my car and listening to Spotify while streaming. I was not on WiFi, nor was I connected to any Bluetooth device. While I was driving, the song I was listening to suddenly switched to something different that I'd never ...

• Yesterday, I was out driving in my car and listening to Spotify while streaming.  I was not on WiFi, nor was I connected to any Bluetooth device.  While I was driving, the song I was listen...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not able to sync songs for offline playlist(s) Iphone 4s, latest install, latest updates for iOS.

As the subject states; I cant properly sync my songs on my iphone. It s EXTREMELY slow. Ive been looking arond the iOS Forums for solutions, and I've tried most of it, and nothing works. Also, spotify won't let me sync more than 19 songs at a time, b...

• Casual Listener
  • As the subject states; I cant properly sync my songs on my iphone. It s EXTREMELY slow. Ive been looking arond the iOS Forums for solutions, and I've tried most of it, and nothing works.   A...
  • teamcooperuk
  • Regular
  • 104 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 104 replies
  • 3 likes

Computer won't detect iOS device for sync

Hi everybody! Last year I bought an iPhone 5S and installed the iOS app, but until today I couldn't make it to appear in the "Devices" section of the computer program for synchronizing local files (I have Windows 7 x64 and a premium account). I have ...

• Hi everybody! Last year I bought an iPhone 5S and installed the iOS app, but until today I couldn't make it to appear in the "Devices" section of the computer program for synchronizing local fil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Songs Won't sync

Help! I had to reinstall Spotify and now random songs on albums won't sync and prevent the rest of the album syncing (as in the picture - Wagon Wheel) What do i do? There is no arrow next to it which I goess is the problem but no idea why!

IMG_4277.PNG
  • Help! I had to reinstall Spotify and now random songs on albums won't sync and prevent the rest of the album syncing (as in the picture - Wagon Wheel) What do i do? There is no arrow next to it which...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists disappeared from 'my music' in iOS

- I am not able to access my playlists on the iOS app via 'my music' - although they can still be accessed from my account > public playlists - Furthermore, the music stops after 1 minute or so, although the timer is still going. Please help thnks

• Music Fan
  • - I am not able to access my playlists on the iOS app via 'my music' - although they can still be accessed from my account > public playlists  - Furthermore, the music stops after 1 m...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

listening to music via spotify

I am in my 60's, not very computer savy, and have just found Spotiy and intend to download music so I can listen to it via my laptop and a wireless speaker. I need to know that if I am on line the whole time (assume I will need to be)and have 40 GB's...

• Casual Listener
  • I am in my 60's, not very computer savy, and have just found Spotiy and intend to download music so I can listen to it via my laptop and a wireless speaker.  I need to know that if I  ...
  • wendybross
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song unavailable

I have a song on my iTunes on my computer and have loaded it onto Spotify and everything works and plays just like it should. I also have put that song on iTunes onto my iPhone. I have the song on two playlists on my Spotify account and those playlis...

• I have a song on my iTunes on my computer and have loaded it onto Spotify and everything works and plays just like it should. I also have put that song on iTunes onto my iPhone. I have the song on tw...
  • travs
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad sound in car

Hi, I'm using Spotify (premium) in my car, connecting with the lighning port to a Yatour iphone-kit system which I added to the simple build in radio of my car. The sound when using iTunes, TuneIn or another sound app is perfect. When using Spotify t...

• Hi,   I'm using Spotify (premium) in my car, connecting with the lighning port to a Yatour iphone-kit system which I added to the simple build in radio of my car. The sound when using iTunes...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iPod Classic causing Spotify to crash

I've been syncing my 80gb iPod Classic through Spotify for months already, but i decided to redo all of my playlists (local music only) and figured that factory resetting my iPod would be best in order to make sure there wouldn't be any problems with...

• Music Fan
  • I've been syncing my 80gb iPod Classic through Spotify for months already, but i decided to redo all of my playlists (local music only) and figured that factory resetting my iPod would be best in ord...
  • GrizzlyBear
  • 68 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS-Spotify premium app for free users

Hi, I am going to develop an iOS Spotify app for my Master's project. As a student developer in the Netherlands, I understand that there is no student discount available (yet) for Dutch students. In any case, here's my question: - If I develop an iOS...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I am going to develop an iOS Spotify app for my Master's project. As a student developer in the Netherlands, I understand that there is no student discount available (yet) for Dutch st...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to prevent automatic playback switching from laptop Spotify player to my iPhone and back

Usually, when i'm in the office i have spotify playing on my laptop, but when i leave my working place and walk out i turn music on my iPhone and play music there. The proble is that i listen different music on laptop and iphone. Laptop - it's more l...

• Usually, when i'm in the office i have spotify playing on my laptop, but when i leave my working place and walk out i turn music on my iPhone and play music there. The proble is that i listen differe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there a quick method to going offline/online?

i.e. other than going to setttings >playback>offline mode. Thanksfor any help you may be able to provide.

• Casual Listener
  • i.e. other than going to setttings >playback>offline mode.    Thanksfor any help you may be able to provide.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist problems

I have had spotify premium for almost a year now and have never had problems until lately when I try and sync my iphone with my account to update my playlists it says I dont have any playlists and there is nothing to sync but on my computer the playl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had spotify premium for almost a year now and have never had problems until lately   when I try and sync my iphone with my account to update my playlists it says I dont have any playl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes