Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Songs I add to playlist on my computer are not transferring to my phone

I have a number of playlists, but I only sync 3 of them for offline mode. I have recently been experiencing a problem where I add songs to those playlists on my computer, but they do not update on my phone. I have tried plugging my iphone into my com...

• I have a number of playlists, but I only sync 3 of them for offline mode. I have recently been experiencing a problem where I add songs to those playlists on my computer, but they do not update on my...
  • OliveOil
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files on iOS (iPhone or ipad)

So I've had this issue for a while, and someone on the @SpotifyCares twitter was supposed to be looking into it and even got me to switch back to Spotify from Rdio by saying it would be taken care of. Apparently it hasn't. My problems started with my...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've had this issue for a while, and someone on the @SpotifyCares twitter was supposed to be looking into it and even got me to switch back to Spotify from Rdio by saying it would be taken care of...
  • PeterMuc
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Main page on app not working

For some time now (even after a Spotify update) my phone has displayed this menu, listing the options such as songs, playlists, artists, rather than allowing you to swipe between options as before. This has persisted, despite me going through not one...

• For some time now (even after a Spotify update) my phone has displayed this menu, listing the options such as songs, playlists, artists, rather than allowing you to swipe between options as before. T...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help iOS iPhone missing tabs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove album from storage without removing album link from library?

Here's my issue: I'm using Spotify on an 8GB iPhone so anytime I save an album it puts quite the dent on my storage capacity. I don't like to remove the album however because I like browsing through my library to see a list of albums that I like to l...

• Here's my issue: I'm using Spotify on an 8GB iPhone so anytime I save an album it puts quite the dent on my storage capacity. I don't like to remove the album however because I like browsing through ...
  • PeterMuc
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Not Updating IOS

New to community, just signed up because of this issue. Spotify not updating on IOS update today. Turned Notifications back on. Works like a charm. Hmmmmm..........

• New to community, just signed up because of this issue. Spotify not updating on IOS update today.    Turned Notifications back on. Works like a charm. Hmmmmm..........
  • Flixx
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline button in the playlist view!?

Hi! Wouldn't it be handy with an offline button in the playlist view so that you don't have to go to settings all the time? Could potientially save some time and cursing IMO. Or do anyone know if there is such a button already? I use an iPhone5s btw!...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Wouldn't it be handy with an offline button in the playlist view so that you don't have to go to settings all the time? Could potientially save some time and cursing IMO.   Or do any...
  • FTh242
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5 not loggin in with 3G Connection

Hey Guy! Well I recently installed and became Premium member on Spotify, and everything works fine with WIFI connection. BUT, when I go on my car for example my connection goes to the normal 3G connection, I can open everything and navigate on every ...

• Regular
  • Hey Guy!   Well I recently installed and became Premium member on Spotify, and everything works fine with WIFI connection.   BUT, when I go on my car for example my connection goes ...
  • jsarmiento19999
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline

I got spotify premium bit when I try to listen to music offline it won't let me. It says Song unavailable This song is not available offline.Do you want to go back on line Plz help I really like spotify plz help

• I got spotify premium bit when I try to listen to music offline it won't let me. It says Song unavailable This song is not available offline.Do you want to go back on line Plz help I really l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not loading

So many of my playlists kind of disappeared. They just say "Loading..." I have also not been able to search within the app for about a week. now I cant search and my favorite lists arent populating. these lists are not an option under "recover playli...

• So many of my playlists kind of disappeared. They just say "Loading..."   I have also not been able to search within the app for about a week.   now I cant search and my favorite li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

stuck

my favorite album has become stuck in shuffel mode when i first signed up i was able to listen to the entire album all others work

• my favorite album has become stuck in shuffel mode when i first signed up i was able to listen to the entire album all others work
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't deactivate premium

So this might not be the right place to post this but I cannot find anywhere else to call and talk to someone for support. I bought my cousin a premium account for her birthday, but long story short she's in a bit of trouble and won't be needing it f...

• So this might not be the right place to post this but I cannot find anywhere else to call and talk to someone for support.   I bought my cousin a premium account for her birthday, but long s...
  • SwizzSwizzy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot choose what song to listen to???

I downloaded Spotify on my Ipod just a few days ago, and cannot play individual songs. It only gives me the option to "shuffle." On my brother's iphone, he's using free (never started a free trial for premium), he can pick any individual song. What i...

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded Spotify on my Ipod just a few days ago, and cannot play individual songs. It only gives me the option to "shuffle."  On my brother's iphone, he's using free (never started a free tr...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Some local files on my iphone have become un-synced and I can't get them to re-sync

Hi all, After downloading the latest iOS update, some local files on my iphone have become un-synced with my macbook pro and will not play on my iphone. The songs play just fine on my macbook in the correct playlists. I have tried restarting my phone...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   After downloading the latest iOS update, some local files on my iphone have become un-synced with my macbook pro and will not play on my iphone. The songs play just fine on my macb...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Show album art for local / synced music on iOS

Feature request: Sync and display album art for non-spotify music that I sync over from my desktop. In older versions of Spotify for iOS, it used to display the album art when playing a song. Now I get a musical note I miss my album art

Sad musical note
  • Casual Listener
  • Feature request: Sync and display album art for non-spotify music that I sync over from my desktop. In older versions of Spotify for iOS, it used to display the album art when playing a song. Now I g...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    iOS
    Your Music
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

On computer tracks no longer sync onto iPhone

My iPhone (iOS updated its Spotify about an hour ago. ALL my owned tracks that I had synced from my computer disappeared. I tried resyncin them according to the instructions. No, I did not see the "songs magically appearing", as it says in the instru...

• My iPhone (iOS 😎 updated its Spotify about an hour ago. ALL my owned tracks that I had synced from my computer disappeared. I tried resyncin them according to the instructions. No, I did not s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone doesn't recognize my Premium

Since the last update my Spotify App on my iPhone doesn't recognize my Premium account anymore. On my Mac it still says I have a Premium account.

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last update my Spotify App on my iPhone doesn't recognize my Premium account anymore. On my Mac it still says I have a Premium account.
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone else lose local cover art?

After I updated my iPhone 5S to the most recent version (which SUCKS!!!), all of my local files no longer play with the cover art (which is on the computer). I deleted the app and then reinstalled it - and still, when I sync my files no artwork appea...

• Regular
  • After I updated my iPhone 5S to the most recent version (which SUCKS!!!), all of my local files no longer play with the cover art (which is on the computer). I deleted the app and then reinstalled it...
  • JackR11
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album covers

My album covers won't load on my iphone (i.e. in playlists, my music). I honestly get annoyed when the picture is not showing up. I was wondering how to get them back. Please help! Thanks!

• My album covers won't load on my iphone (i.e. in playlists, my music). I honestly get annoyed when the picture is not showing up. I was wondering how to get them back. Please help! Thanks!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Photos in albums??

When I am Offline in my iphone. I can´t see the pictures of the album, I just see this picture!!!!

• Casual Listener
  • When I am Offline in my iphone. I can´t see the pictures of the album, I just see this picture!!!!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No pics in the player shown

guys when i want to listen new songs my phone won't show tthe album pic but the predefinite pic for songs

• Casual Listener
  • guys when i want to listen new songs my phone won't show tthe album pic but the predefinite pic for songs
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes