Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Local files play different version on iPhone?

I own a some live shows (local files) that when synced with my iPhone, play a different version (album version) on my iPhone. In other words, I can play the exact same song title (which shows the date of the live show) on both the desktop and iPhone....

• Casual Listener
  • I own a some live shows (local files) that when synced with my iPhone, play a different version (album version) on my iPhone. In other words, I can play the exact same song title (which shows th...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files sync
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Need data management help

Every time I add a song to a playlist, it gets added to albums, artists, etc. And then it takes forever to sift through everything to find an album I actually did save as an album - having to sift through all the stuff I did not put there. Please hel...

• Roadie
  • Every time I add a song to a playlist, it gets added to albums, artists, etc. And then it takes forever to sift through everything to find an album I actually did save as an album - having to sift th...
  • Baroninkjet
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug in a Album

When I play the album "Caixinha de Sonhos - O Melhor da Música Infantil" randomly in the iPad, after one or two songs Spotify starts playing other songs that are not in the album Why is this? Can it be fixed? Caixinha de Sonhos – Caixinha de Sonhos -...

• Casual Listener
  • When I play the album "Caixinha de Sonhos - O Melhor da Música Infantil" randomly in the iPad, after one or two songs Spotify starts playing other songs that are not in the album 😞 Why is this?...
  • lenissima
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Found a bug!

On iPhone spotify (latest OS release, 8.0.2), when you press Share on a song and try to browse for a contact the app crashes. No big deal, but feel free to fix it Love you service. Thanks, David F

• On iPhone spotify (latest OS release, 8.0.2), when you press Share on a song and try to browse for a contact the app crashes.    No big deal, but feel free to fix it 🙂    ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums won't display songs

Sometimes when I scroll across "My Music" and view my downloaded albums, I try to open an album and just get the three spots (loading symbols) but the album contents won't appear. My only option is to log out of spotify and log back in again, which s...

• Casual Listener
  • Sometimes when I scroll across "My Music" and view my downloaded albums, I try to open an album and just get the three spots (loading symbols) but the album contents won't appear. My only option is t...
  • pootle73
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't thumbs up or down in radio; Something went wrong!

It seems like 99% of the time I cannot "thumbs up" a song. It says "Something went wrong!" and continues to play the song, but doesn't highlight the thumbs up. I haven't tried the thumbs down in a while, but I'd be willing to bet it doesn't work eith...

• It seems like 99% of the time I cannot "thumbs up" a song.  It says "Something went wrong!" and continues to play the song, but doesn't highlight the thumbs up.  I haven't tried the thumbs ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on Ipod touch

I have opened up Spotify on my Ipod Touch and for some reason when I go to play something (shuffle play), it will only play the first few seconds and then stop (it still looks like it's playing).. I've plugged in my headphones and tried it through th...

• Music Fan
  • I have opened up Spotify on my Ipod Touch and for some reason when I go to play something (shuffle play), it will only play the first few seconds and then stop (it still looks like it's playing).. &n...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help, can't add a payment card...

I'm trying to add a payment card to get spotify premium, but as I click on add payment, the page doesn't open... Please help I also tried to directly pay adding the card on the way, but the page doesn't open either.. Does anybody have a solution ?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to add a payment card to get spotify premium, but as I click on add payment, the page doesn't open... Please help I also tried to directly pay adding the card on the way, but the page does...
  • Antoinelebaehl
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Unacceptably high mobile data usage for no reason whatsoever

I took spotify out of offline mode two days ago to synch some playists and seemingly didn't turn it back on again. Now I was informed by my carrier that my mobile data volume for the month had been depleted after only 12 days (I have never ever ran o...

• Casual Listener
  • I took spotify out of offline mode two days ago to synch some playists and seemingly didn't turn it back on again.   Now I was informed by my carrier that my mobile data volume for the month...
  • butter_milch
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can not separate the account from a facebook profile

I accidentally logged to facebook from a friend's ipad. This action has deleted my profile data from spotify and replaced them with those of my friend. I lost my playlist and even if I disconnect my friend's account from Facebook (he doesn't have a F...

• Casual Listener
  • I accidentally logged to facebook from a friend's ipad.  This action has deleted my profile data from spotify and replaced them with those of my friend. I lost my playlist and even if I disconn...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Everything on my account was deleted

I recently got an iPhone 5s and when I got spotify I logged in and everything on my account was gone?

• I recently got an iPhone 5s and when I got spotify I logged in and everything on my account was gone?
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local files

I cannot seem to be able to sync local files. I've gotten local files onto the Spotify on my MacBook Pro. Spotify on my MacBook Pro recognizes my iPhone, and I have ticked off the local files playlist to sync. It says pending, but nothing happens. I ...

• Gig Goer
  • I cannot seem to be able to sync local files. I've gotten local files onto the Spotify on my MacBook Pro. Spotify on my MacBook Pro recognizes my iPhone, and I have ticked off the local files playlis...
  • Feddar
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! List of saved artist and albums on iPad?

Is it possible there is no way how to show list of my saved Artists, Albums etc. in my spotify app on iPad? I can see it on my mac and also on my iphone but in iPad just playlists.

• Regular
  • Is it possible there is no way how to show list of my saved Artists, Albums etc. in my spotify app on iPad? I can see it on my mac and also on my iphone but in iPad just playlists.
  • prettorian
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix request

I would like to know if you can fix spotify so you can filter for a song and then delete that song in a playlist, I use to be able to do this but the past two upgrades have removed this nice function. Thank you

• Music Fan
  • I would like to know if you can fix spotify so you can filter for a song and then delete that song in a playlist, I use to be able to do this but the past two upgrades have removed this nice function...
  • pwn0graphy
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved albums missing on iPhone

My saved albums don't show on iPhone (iOS 7 - lates app version) - the list is simply empty. They show up fine on desktop. Any ideas? Thanks

• My saved albums don't show on iPhone (iOS 7 - lates app version) - the list is simply empty. They show up fine on desktop.  Any ideas? Thanks
  • SolidSnake35
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist

Spotify keeps playing the same old songs over and over. It doesn't matter how many new "starred" added with the newer version. It only plays the old version of Fav songs. Even in the radio, it keeps playing the same artists, even if I go to adifferen...

• Spotify keeps playing the same old songs over and over. It doesn't matter how many new "starred" added with the newer version. It only plays the old version of Fav songs. Even in the radio, it keeps ...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 7.0.4 Spotify won't open

Since I installed the latest update, Spotify won't load. Under the icon it says "waiting". I've tried restarting the iphone5 to no avail. I've also reset the settings of the phone.I can't uninstall the app because it won't let me: the little x that a...

• Regular
  • Since I installed the latest update, Spotify won't load. Under the icon it says "waiting". I've tried restarting the iphone5 to no avail. I've also reset the settings of the phone.I can't uninstall t...
  • arjun2k4
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't open in iPhone

I try to open my Spotify app in my iPhone but it won't, it just shows the logo against a black screen and never loads. I tried refreshing the app and deleting it and redownloading it. What should I do?

• I try to open my Spotify app in my iPhone but it won't, it just shows the logo against a black screen and never loads. I tried refreshing the app and deleting it and redownloading it. What should I d...
  • arjun2k4
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Search function on iOS 8.0.2, Spotify for iPad: limited?

I'm wondering about the search function within the Spotify app for iOS 8.0.2 on my iPad:Can I no longer type in a search command that will search the entire data base of Spotify on the web?Whatever I type into the search bar, no matter how famous a s...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm wondering about the search function within the Spotify app for iOS 8.0.2 on my iPad: Can I no longer type in a search command that will search the entire data base of Spotify on the web? What...
  • vfvandijk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing a song in Spotify

Help,help, help. When will this feature return. I am not a user of Facebook or Twitter, neither are my friends that are on spotify. The greatest feature of Spotify was being able to instantly share music through whatever device I was using, I am now ...

• Casual Listener
  • Help,help, help. When will this feature return. I am not a user of Facebook or Twitter, neither are my friends that are on spotify. The greatest feature of Spotify was being able to instantly shar...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes