Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Suddenly, when I attempt to change song order on playlist on newest iPad, Spotify crashes

I just sent this today:Hello Mr Stal,First, let me say that I love(d) Spotify.Second, let me say that I have been plagued by a major problem with Spotify and have been unable to get any sort of response or help from your employees.Being able to chang...

• Music Fan
  • I just sent this today: Hello Mr Stal, First, let me say that I love(d) Spotify. Second, let me say that I have been plagued by a major problem with Spotify and have been unable to get any...
  • Changshafu
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone app will not open

Hi Everyone, I have an iPhone 4; I recently updated my spotify app to version 1.4.1. However, every time I click the app, it does not open up, so I can not listen to any Spotify music on my iPhone. I tried deleting the app and redownloading it, but i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Everyone,   I have an iPhone 4; I recently updated my spotify app to version 1.4.1. However, every time I click the app, it does not open up, so I can not listen to any Spotify music...
  • Ces
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Filter music playlists

Hello, I've not found a solution to classify music by date. So I can't know the music that has recently been added to a playlist, there is no order. In addition, I get no notifications when a playlist is updated yet all the switches are turned. Thank...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I've not found a solution to classify music by date. So I can't know the music that has recently been added to a playlist, there is no order. In addition, I get no notifications w...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recently Played Albums

What's the deal here? I haven't listened to the albums in several weeks. Can I delete them?

• What's the deal here? I haven't listened to the albums in several weeks. Can I delete them?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot SYNC local track to iphone HELP !!

Hi,I am really having trouble importing songs that are not found on spotify for the iphone app. So I dragged the file into the desktop version and it plays great . Cool now i want to get this track on my iphone.So I click on the song it says not curr...

• Hi, I am really having trouble importing songs that are not found on spotify for the iphone app. So I dragged the file into the desktop version and it plays great . Cool now i want to get this track...
  • ChrisLee
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium won't work on my iPhone!

I downloaded the Spotify app onto my iPhone and got a free 48-hour trial for Spotify Premium. After the trial was over, I decided to buy it because I love it!! So, I installed Spotify onto my computer and bought the Premium version. I'm on the 30-day...

• Visitor
  • I downloaded the Spotify app onto my iPhone and got a free 48-hour trial for Spotify Premium. After the trial was over, I decided to buy it because I love it!! So, I installed Spotify onto my compute...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shuts down

Hi! When I'm trying to listen to spotify on my iphone 3, the app shuts down when I click on a song. The app has been updated, but I don't know if it's because it's an old phone or if it's the app that's the problem.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!    When I'm trying to listen to spotify on my iphone 3, the app shuts down when I click on a song.  The app has been updated, but I don't know if it's because it's an old pho...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium not working on iPhone 5?

I have spotofy premium through my vodaphone account. It was working but now does not provide premium features. I have tried uninstalling on my iphone and other devices and only re installed on my iphone 5. I have aklso tried logging out. This has not...

• I have spotofy premium through my vodaphone account.  It was working but now does not provide premium features.  I have tried uninstalling on my iphone and other devices and only re install...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify wount sync personal tracks with Iphone

Hi. I am having trouble syncing my personal track with my Iphone. I have tried all the suggestions on the help page but nothing works. Of course all the playlists are offline and the track are showing on the Iphone, but they wount sync! I have tried ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I am having trouble syncing my personal track with my Iphone. I have tried all the suggestions on the help page but nothing works. Of course all the playlists are offline and the track are showin...
  • bastianconrad
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists stop playing after a few seconds.

Starting today I cant use spotify, including my downloaded playlists which should be available offline. Ive closed, restarted etc anyone else? Known error? just me? i am using my ipad.

• Casual Listener
  • Starting today I cant use spotify, including my downloaded playlists which should be available offline. Ive closed, restarted etc   anyone else? Known error? just me?   i am using m...
  • JTM1091
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Shuffle Play"

My spotify app for my iPhone used to let me listen to music anytime/anywhere, but recently it will only allow me to do "shuffle play," even on a playlist that I have made available offline. Is this some new feature? Or is there a problem with my app?...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify app for my iPhone used to let me listen to music anytime/anywhere, but recently it will only allow me to do "shuffle play," even on a playlist that I have made available offline. Is this s...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with local archives (cant play Two Door Cinema Club)

Hi So, months ago in one of my playlists I had the "Tourist History" album from Two Door Cinema Club. Because of a problem, I had to uninstall Spotify and reinstall it and then the whole album was gone. I searched for it in the web app and in the com...

• Hi    So, months ago in one of my playlists I had the "Tourist History" album from Two Door Cinema Club. Because of a problem, I had to uninstall Spotify and reinstall it and then the w...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Reorder tracks on a playlist?

Hello, I had an old version of Spotify Mobile installed on my iPhone, and i could easily move the tracks in a playlist back and forth when editing, but since i updated to the newer version i cannot find the feature anymore. How can i do this? Am i mi...

• Music Fan
  • Hello, I had an old version of Spotify Mobile installed on my iPhone, and i could easily move the tracks in a playlist back and forth when editing, but since i updated to the newer version i cannot f...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature Request: Queue/Jukebox Mode

Maybe I'm the only one, but I constantly play music in friend's cars, and depending on the group and mood, I pick and choose from various playlists. BUT... Every friggin time, I accidentally tap outside the tiny ... circle button. This results in an ...

• Regular
  • Maybe I'm the only one, but I constantly play music in friend's cars, and depending on the group and mood, I pick and choose from various playlists. BUT... Every friggin time, I accidentally tap outs...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Won't let music go onto playlist's in my ipod

Okay so basically what is happening, is i have two albums i have made in spotify, With around 20 songs each,It can find my ipod, but when i click on the albums under my ipod touch name, they kind of go to a greyish color and they pop up and say "Only...

• Okay so basically what is happening, is i have two albums i have made in spotify, With around 20 songs each,It can find my ipod, but when i click on the albums under my ipod touch name, they kind of ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 36 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 2 likes

Where is songs list?

I have spotify premium for my iPad and I can't find the section where all my songs exist. I can only find where all my playlists are but there's no option that I can find to see all of my songs, or to add a song to my songs list.

• I have spotify premium for my iPad and I can't find the section where all my songs exist. I can only find where all my playlists are but there's no option that I can find to see all of my songs, or t...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlist Default?

Hey, I was just wondering, if the following were to occur, would my streaming from my phone use data. -Mark a playlist as available to use offline. -Don't put the app into offline mode. -Still have some sort of 3G or wifi connection. Would the app kn...

• Hey,   I was just wondering, if the following were to occur, would my streaming from my phone use data. -Mark a playlist as available to use offline. -Don't put the app into offline mode...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data usage
    iOS
    Offline Access
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with wrong track

Hello, I bought an album from Metallica, puts it into Spotify in my playlist. So far so good. When I sync the playlist with my Iphone and I choose a specific track, it plays a completely different track from another album? So I tried to delete the wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I bought an album from Metallica, puts it into Spotify in my playlist.   So far so good.   When I sync the playlist with my Iphone and I choose a specific track...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help for playing offline

Hi, I read that I can listen to music OFFLINE on my pc@home while my husband plays ONLINE @ our bistro. Is that possible? Because when I trie that, the music stops playing @ our bistro! Strange.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I read that I can listen to music OFFLINE on my pc@home while my husband plays ONLINE @ our bistro. Is that possible? Because when I trie that, the music stops playing @ our bistro! ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes