Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Folder for offline albums

Can I create a folder on my spotify app (iPhone) and put all my offline albums there. Now I have to go into many different folders (categorized) to find my offline albums. I just want to have all the offline albums in one place. Is this possible to d...

• Casual Listener
  • Can I create a folder on my spotify app (iPhone) and put all my offline albums there. Now I have to go into many different folders (categorized) to find my offline albums. I just want to have all the...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New premium upgrade not recognized on iPhone app

I recently upgraded my account to Premium, just today. However, my iPhone isn't syncing/recognizing the upgraded account. I've logged in and out multiple times but that's not helping. Can you tell me how to fix this?

• I recently upgraded my account to Premium, just today. However, my iPhone isn't syncing/recognizing the upgraded account. I've logged in and out multiple times but that's not helping. Can you tell me...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems playing synced local files on iphone

I synced a playlist containing an album from my local files on the computer to my iphone and it worked really well. I then saved it to my iPhone as an offline playlist and it still works fine. The problem is that when the song stops playing I manuall...

• I synced a playlist containing an album from my local files on the computer to my iphone and it worked really well. I then saved it to my iPhone as an offline playlist and it still works fine. The pr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All releases stored in "My Music" headers has vanished from iOS

So, I was really impressed with "My Music". I'd set up all my collection on the desktop, then opened up my iOS app, which gave me the option ad 'add all songs' this worked perfectly - brilliant! However, three weeks later, i turn the app on to find t...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I was really impressed with "My Music". I'd set up all my collection on the desktop, then opened up my iOS app, which gave me the option ad 'add all songs' this worked perfectly - brilliant! Howe...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

APPs for spotify IOS Ipad

Hey, I would like to know if, in future, there are plans from Spotify in order to put APPs also for Ipad version. Most of us listen spotify by mobile and does not make sense having those APPs only in desktop version. Thank you.

• Roadie
  • Hey, I would like to know if, in future, there are plans from Spotify in order to put APPs also for Ipad version. Most of us listen spotify by mobile and does not make sense having those APPs only i...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Ipad update rip?

Is there any update coming for ipad as well? It is simply unfair and becomes strange already that time after time only iphone users are getting new features and advantages of new versions. I am a premium member and I have to wait for rotation fix for...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any update coming for ipad as well? It is simply unfair and becomes strange already that time after time only iphone users are getting new features and advantages of new versions. I am a pre...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync offline playlists.

Hello, I'm having an issue that I can't fins a solution to. I haven't reached the max of 3,333 songs, I have a huge amount of sotrage available to download my music to my deivces, and yet, I keep getting the orange exclamation point as if I am experi...

• Hello, I'm having an issue that I can't fins a solution to. I haven't reached the max of 3,333 songs, I have a huge amount of sotrage available to download my music to my deivces, and yet, I keep get...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer working on My iPhone!

I can see all My playlists and songs but when I click to play à song nothing happens. IT is working as normal on my iPad but not on My iPhone....Any idea's what is causing this?Some time ago I had à message from Spotify that something was wrong but I...

• I can see all My playlists and songs but when I click to play à song nothing happens. IT is working as normal on my iPad but not on My iPhone.... Any idea's what is causing this? Some time ago I ha...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

USB Car Audio Connectivity Issues

Im running an iphone 5s with the latest software. When I connect via usb i get no sound but the music is playing. I had a buddy connect with his iphone 5s same cord, radio, and app and it works fine. I've seen a lot of issues connecting with spotify ...

• Im running an iphone 5s with the latest software. When I connect via usb i get no sound but the music is playing. I had a buddy connect with his iphone 5s same cord, radio, and app and it works ...
  • finnaqua
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and GMC Terrain

I've had an interesting development in my Spotify interaction. Prior to iOS 6, I could plug my iphone 4s into my 2013 GMC terrain via USB and control spotify through my vehicle controls. After updating however, I can only play songs when I search for...

• I've had an interesting development in my Spotify interaction. Prior to iOS 6, I could plug my iphone 4s into my 2013 GMC terrain via USB and control spotify through my vehicle controls. After updati...
  • Peaches79
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

music randomly stops.

I was wondering why my music randomly stops? Its getting really annoying. Is there anyway i can fix it? Thanks.

• I was wondering why my music randomly stops? Its getting really annoying. Is there anyway i can fix it? Thanks.
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My offline playlists keeps turning to online

When travelling abroad I always shut down the data roaming on my Iphone, and use only a couple of offline playlists when listening to music on Spotify. But recently my phone (or the Spotify app, I don´t know) insists on turning the playlists to onlin...

• Regular
  • When travelling abroad I always shut down the data roaming on my Iphone, and use only a couple of offline playlists when listening to music on Spotify. But recently my phone (or the Spotify app, I do...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing music - 'Do What U Want' Cover

Hi all, I recently had one music file removed from my "My Music" list and was wondering why it was removed. It was a cover to "Do what U want" by Lady Gaga and featured a duet between a guy and girl, performed in acoustic piano style. I did not get t...

• Hi all,   I recently had one music file removed from my "My Music" list and was wondering why it was removed. It was a cover to "Do what U want" by Lady Gaga and featured a duet between a g...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • do what u want
    lady gaga
    Missing Music
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with Switching from iTunes Music to Spotify on iPhone and iPad

Hi all! I just registered for Spotify Premium with the following crazy idea in mind. I currently ave quite a large iTunes library of approximately 40GB or more in music. I am also registered with iTunes Match to ensure that my music is available to a...

• Regular
  • Hi all! I just registered for Spotify Premium with the following crazy idea in mind. I currently ave quite a large iTunes library of approximately 40GB or more in music. I am also registered with iTu...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists Missing on iPhone (but fine in windows version)

A more detailed description, using numbered steps I logged into spotify on iphone a few weeks ago and nothing worked (maybe a connectivity problem if I remember...no internet). After it finally reconnected, all my playlists were gone in the iphone ap...

• Casual Listener
  •   A more detailed description, using numbered steps I logged into spotify on iphone a few weeks ago and nothing worked (maybe a connectivity problem if I remember...no internet).  After...
  • chrisp5625
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Releases

Hi, since i guess 4 weeks my 'new' releases doesn't update anymore. Reinstalling the app did not work. Update Spotify did not work.. Please can someone help me? iPhone 5S Latest iOS Latest version Spotify Wow or is https://play.spotify.com/album/7zBQ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, since i guess 4 weeks my 'new' releases doesn't update anymore. Reinstalling the app did not work. Update Spotify did not work.. Please can someone help me?    iPhone 5S Latest iO...
  • sellinglennon
  • Music Fan
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

All I want to do is to shuffle System of a Down.

So I go to my music - starred - scroll up, and type in "system". I click a song I wanna play, and then go to press the shuffle button. Next thing I know the next song is NOT by System. In fact when I press back my search is no longer there. Apparentl...

• Visitor
  • So I go to my music - starred - scroll up, and type in "system". I click a song I wanna play, and then go to press the shuffle button. Next thing I know the next song is NOT by System. In fact when I...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The Adicts Album Fifth Overture labeled wrong

The songs in "The Adicts" album titled "fifth overture" are labeled wrong on my phone. I play "na na na na" and instead "going home" plays. Each song in the album is mislabeled. On my phone.

• The songs in "The Adicts" album titled "fifth overture" are labeled wrong on my phone. I play "na na na na" and instead "going home" plays. Each song in the album is mislabeled. On my phone.
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • mislabeled
    or glitch
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover content varries

Hey,Do you also experience a significant difference between the Discover content between the iOS app and your Windows desktop app?The music Spotify proposes on my desktop is great, on the iOS device it just sucks...Any ideas how to fix that?Johannes

• Gig Goer
  • Hey, Do you also experience a significant difference between the Discover content between the iOS app and your Windows desktop app? The music Spotify proposes on my desktop is great, on the iOS...
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes