Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Sync saved artist/album to iPhone

I really like the feature that I can just click SAVE on an album, and Spotify puts that in my library to come back to. Is there a way to sync these to my phone? I have the premium subscription, so I download playlists so I can be offline and not use ...

• Regular
  • I really like the feature that I can just click SAVE on an album, and Spotify puts that in my library to come back to.  Is there a way to sync these to my phone?  I have the premium subscri...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I paid for premium a month ago and still havent upgraded

I have deleted the app , logged in and out , and i still havent gotton my premium please any help?

• Casual Listener
  • I have deleted the app , logged in and out , and i still havent gotton my premium please any help?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading does not work

Hey guys,Allthough there is Storage available on My iPhone , spotify refuses to downoad Tracks. The Symbol stays grey, even when wifi is available. What am i doing wrong ?

• Hey guys, Allthough there is Storage available on My iPhone , spotify refuses to downoad Tracks. The Symbol stays grey, even when wifi is available. What am i doing wrong ?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Queue on iPhone

Hello Spotify, I have seen on my fathers iPhone that he has the ability to see his queue on Spotify, then I immediatly checked my own Spotify and found out that I havent...? Why?

• Hello Spotify, I have seen on my fathers iPhone that he has the ability to see his queue on Spotify, then I immediatly checked my own Spotify and found out that I havent...? Why?
  • longwayround
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

I've been charged for a subscription to premium that i don't want!

Hey, i've recently done the 30 day free trial of spotify and it charged me the second it ran out for premium and i just cant afford to have been charged for it! is there any way i can get a refund or anything or should i just stick it out til my next...

• Hey, i've recently done the 30 day free trial of spotify and it charged me the second it ran out for premium and i just cant afford to have been charged for it! is there any way i can get a refund or...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS app temporarily hangs when app switching

DescriptionSwitching away from and back to the Spotify app causes it to freeze up of the interface for about 5-6 seconds each time. 1. Open Spotify on iPhone2. Goto a large playlist and play a track3. Double tap the home screen button and switch to a...

• Regular
  • Description Switching away from and back to the Spotify app causes it to freeze up of the interface for about 5-6 seconds each time. 1. Open Spotify on iPhone 2. Goto a large playlist and play ...
  • Joes
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • freeze
    hangs
    iphone 5
    switching
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad - Spotify delay when switching between apps

On my 3rd Gen iPad running iOS 7, there is a significant delay in the Spotify interface whenever I switch from another app into the iPad app. The music doesn't stop playing during this delay (about 2-3 seconds) but I can't interact with the Spotify a...

• On my 3rd Gen iPad running iOS 7, there is a significant delay in the Spotify interface whenever I switch from another app into the iPad app.  The music doesn't stop playing during this del...
  • smokeywisk
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Won't load on iPhone 4 iOS 6

I have the latest version of the Spotify app on my iPhone 4 running the latest iOS 6 and none of my playlists will load on my iPhone. The playlists load perfectly on another iPod Touch that is also running iOS 6 and the latest version of the app but ...

• I have the latest version of the Spotify app on my iPhone 4 running the latest iOS 6 and none of my playlists will load on my iPhone. The playlists load perfectly on another iPod Touch that is also r...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone app
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant select track I want to listen to

I have only had spotify for a about 2 weeks and today makes it one week since I have had this problem. I am unable to select any song that I was to hear no matter how many times I press the song on my Iphone. All I can do is press shuffle and it will...

• Casual Listener
  • I have only had spotify for a about 2 weeks and today makes it one week since I have had this problem. I am unable to select any song that I was to hear no matter how many times I press the song on m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cant select my track
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I sync only local files?

When I select "Available Offline" Spotify then begins to download the songs, but I want it to copy them from my computer -- not re-download them all from the internet. Within the desktop version of Spotify, the playlsit is set to "Available Offline,"...

• Music Fan
  • When I select "Available Offline" Spotify then begins to download the songs, but I want it to copy them from my computer -- not re-download them all from the internet.   Within the desktop v...
  • mblack101
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 2 iphones, but different menu/interface. "your music" replaced with "playlists"

Hi, I am running spotify on 2 different iphone 4s's. I pay for premium. When I click the menu button (three horizontal lines in the top right) on phone A, I Get the following options: Search Browse Discover Radio YOUR MUSIC Settings On phone B, "your...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am running spotify on 2 different iphone 4s's. I pay for premium.   When I click the menu button (three horizontal lines in the top right) on phone A, I Get the following o...
  • Ezrie
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 4s offline modus not working

Hi Community, I got an iphone 4s and have spotify premium. But spotify offline is not working. On my Computer (windows 7) it says "Playlist offline" (green download sign) and on my iphone i have pressed the button "offline" as well but it's not worki...

• Hi Community, 🙂   I got an iphone 4s and have spotify premium. But spotify offline is not working. On my Computer (windows 7) it says "Playlist offline" (green download sign) and on my ipho...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does syncing iTunes with Spotify change my songs in my iTunes library?

Hello there,Sorry if this sounds a little bit odd, but I have a question regarding music being synced from iTunes to Spotify.I have a fairly large library, about 1700 songs. All of which are lossless (ALAC), this is mainly for back up reasons. It als...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there, Sorry if this sounds a little bit odd, but I have a question regarding music being synced from iTunes to Spotify. I have a fairly large library, about 1700 songs. All of which are ...
  • Supersonicprune
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

About songs on iphone

When loading a song onto a playlist, it works fine. When that playlist is updated on iphone, it replaces the song with another one, similar name and artist is the same, but it is a different song. It always does this with just one song. Any way to st...

• Casual Listener
  • When loading a song onto a playlist, it works fine. When that playlist is updated on iphone, it replaces the song with another one, similar name and artist is the same, but it is a different song. It...
  • kokobrainz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cheapest phone for spotify

I just broke my nokia lumia which I used for playing spotifty. I haven't got the money for a similar priced phone at the moment. Any suggestions on a cheap phone that spotify will run on? Thanks The cheapest you can find!! Cheers

• I just broke my nokia lumia which I used for playing spotifty. I haven't got the money for a similar priced phone at the moment. Any suggestions on a cheap phone that spotify will run on? Thanks ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can you shuffle songs in a playlist in the iPad app

So I'm playing a playlist on my ipad, but I've added whole albums from the same artist. Is it possible to shuffle the playlist so it's all mixed up. I can do it on the computer, but not on the ipad

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm playing a playlist on my ipad, but I've added whole albums from the same artist.  Is it possible to shuffle the playlist so it's all mixed up.   I can do it on the computer, but ...
  • djadams18
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle play only offline songs

Hey folks, I've got many songs saved under Your Music -> Songs. Is it possible to only shuffle play the ones that are available offline so I don't consume my data plan when I do not have access to a WiFi network?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey folks,   I've got many songs saved under Your Music -> Songs. Is it possible to only shuffle play the ones that are available offline so I don't consume my data plan when I do not hav...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing offline albums and artists

Hey folks, I noticed the following annoying "feature" on Spotify. Under Your Music -> Artists I can elect to locally save all of a particular artist's tunes by clicking the "Available Offline" toggle. However, if those tunes comprise an albums, there...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey folks,   I noticed the following annoying "feature" on Spotify. Under Your Music -> Artists I can elect to locally save all of a particular artist's tunes by clicking the "Available O...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trying to upgrade to premium on iOS but can't figure out how?

For two days now I've been trying to find a way to upgrade spotify on my iPhone but I can't find a button anywhere and when it tells me that I need to upgrade to access certain things it doesn't tell me how to. Please enlighten me before I give up an...

• For two days now I've been trying to find a way to upgrade spotify on my iPhone but I can't find a button anywhere and when it tells me that I need to upgrade to access certain things it doesn't tell...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes