Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Sync arrow green but music not playing on iphone

All my music has the green arrow next to it, and i have switched my "available offline" button, but when I got to play them some play and some don't!? Anypone else had this?

• All my music has the green arrow next to it, and i have switched my "available offline" button, but when I got to play them some play and some don't!? Anypone else had this?
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello (Spotify on Multiple Devices)

Hello, I want to ask a question.I want to buy Spotify Premium for myself. Can I use that premium account on my iPhone 5S, my dad's iPhone 4 and my laptop? MOD EDIT: I edited the subject line briefly so it's clearer for everyone, instead of "Hello" (w...

• Hello, I want to ask a question. I want to buy Spotify Premium for myself. Can I use that premium account on my iPhone 5S, my dad's iPhone 4 and my laptop?   MOD EDIT: I edited the subjec...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view cover art on iPhone

Hi there, I am a premium user and for some reason I cannot see any cover art when using Spotify on my iPhone. I have read previous posts on this and I seem to experiencing the same problem as many others. I downloaded the software update yesterday an...

• Hi there,   I am a premium user and for some reason I cannot see any cover art when using Spotify on my iPhone. I have read previous posts on this and I seem to experiencing the same problem...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't connect my iPod to spotify - have premium

Hi! I want to connect my iPod to spotify but nothing happends. I have the app on my ipod, have connected it with USB cable to my computer and opend the app on my ipod, but nothing happens! What can I do?

• Hi!   I want to connect my iPod to spotify but nothing happends. I have the app on my ipod, have connected it with USB cable to my computer and opend the app on my ipod, but nothing happens!...
  • dharmadude
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work on ipods

Spotify only works on cell phones, which is fine! I never use my ipod anymore

•   Spotify only works on cell phones, which is fine! I never use my ipod anymore
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

iOS Equalizer problem

Hey there! Need some help! I have been waiting for years for the today implemented EQ setting option in ios. Installed the update, the new setting panel "eq" shows up, but it doesnt work. i tried every option, but the playing music doesnt change, sti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there!   Need some help!   I have been waiting for years for the today implemented EQ setting option in ios.   Installed the update, the new setting panel "eq" shows up...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lack of "Your Music" on iPad is getting really frustrating

I've just seen that version 1.5 has just been released. But after download, perhaps unsuprisingly, there is still no "Your Music" on the iPad. Spotify is not building any brand loyality with me. I will be more than happy to switch when there is a goo...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just seen that version 1.5 has just been released.   But after download, perhaps unsuprisingly, there is still no "Your Music" on the iPad.   Spotify is not building any brand ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Crash since the update

Why spotify Always crash when I open it in iPhone since the update?I have an Iphone 5 with iOS 8 bêta 4 and since the update today I can't use anymore spotify, when I open the app it crashes automatically..Hope you can help me

• Casual Listener
  • Why spotify Always crash when I open it in iPhone since the update? I have an Iphone 5 with iOS 8 bêta 4 and since the update today I can't use anymore spotify, when I open the app it crashes auto...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

cant play music

Can play spotify music on ipad and mac workbook, however cannot play on iphone 5. Tells me only available online, when i hit play online it asks me to upgrade which i have already.

• Can play spotify music on ipad and mac workbook, however cannot play on iphone 5. Tells me only available online, when i hit play online it asks me to upgrade which i have already.
  • josephcreed7
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover feature blank screen

When I try to use the discover feature it is just a black screen. I have reset my phone and have reinstalled the app as well. Any advice?

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to use the discover feature it is just a black screen. I have reset my phone and have reinstalled the app as well. Any advice?
  • bwbaum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! equalizer iOS

Hi, I know it is already possible to get equalizer for Spotify iOS but anyone know when they are going to add it to settings because I just can't get up equalizer for my new iPhone 5 but I was able to open it on my old iPhone 4. Thanks

• Hi, I know it is already possible to get equalizer for Spotify iOS but anyone know when they are going to add it to settings because I just can't get up equalizer for my new iPhone 5 but I ...
  • Toneman
  • Gig Goer
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Radio Vote with Bluetooth Headphones

Currently when you listen to Spotify radio with Bluetooth headphones the "back" button on your headphone for e.g. for going back to the last played song, is unused.It would be nice if tapping this button would have the same effect like tapping the "t...

• Regular
  • Currently when you listen to Spotify radio with Bluetooth headphones the "back" button on your headphone for e.g. for going back to the last played song, is unused. It would be nice if tapping thi...
  • Seim
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Delete Songs/Albums

I really like the new Equalizer in version 1.5.0 but it is still very annoying that since all my songs are set to download, I can't remove any. Well I can, but technically if I want to delete a song/album, I have to remove it from my library. It does...

• Regular
  • I really like the new Equalizer in version 1.5.0 but it is still very annoying that since all my songs are set to download, I can't remove any. Well I can, but technically if I want to delete a song/...
  • CheefLatif
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App Occasionally Resetting on iPhone

I'm wondering if someone can find a solution to the problem I'm having. Every so often (maybe every 10-20 times I open spotify on my iPhone 5) it will completely reset and say that I need to login again. Once I do, all my playlists are still there, b...

• Regular
  • I'm wondering if someone can find a solution to the problem I'm having. Every so often (maybe every 10-20 times I open spotify on my iPhone 5) it will completely reset and say that I need to login ag...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    iOS
    iphone
    iphone 5
    Offline Access
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Artist and Album Title are Reversed when Playing from Your Music

Hi, I'm not sure if this is already reported as a bug, but Ive noticed that when I play anything from my music library, the Artist and Album Title are backwards in the text that is displayed above the album art. For example, when playing "Wasting Lig...

IMG_3758.PNG
  • Regular
  • Hi, I'm not sure if this is already reported as a bug, but Ive noticed that when I play anything from my music library, the Artist and Album Title are backwards in the text that is displayed above th...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Artist & album title swapped when playing from Your Music

After updating to 1.3, I notice that when playing an album from Your Music, the top bar that lists the album and artist is in the incorrect order. These should say "Yeezus by Kanye West" and "2001 by Dr. Dre," respectively. Spoiler (Highlight to read...

spotify
  • Visitor
  • After updating to 1.3, I notice that when playing an album from Your Music, the top bar that lists the album and artist is in the incorrect order. These should say "Yeezus by Kanye West" and "2001 by...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching from Android but was unaware of Equalizer loss

I am a big fan of Spotify on Android. I recently switched to the iPhone 5S and there is no equalizer. The music is very flat sounding without it. Doesn't matter how nice your headphones are if you can't control EQ! I'd like to stay with Spotify but I...

• I am a big fan of Spotify on Android. I recently switched to the iPhone 5S and there is no equalizer. The music is very flat sounding without it. Doesn't matter how nice your headphones are if you ca...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Equaliser

This apps will be perfect if only there were an equalizer. But there's not and I think it's really a shame !!!So I'm sorry to stop registering and paying if this problem isn't solved quickly.

• This apps will be perfect if only there were an equalizer. But there's not and I think it's really a shame !!! So I'm sorry to stop registering and paying if this problem isn't solved quickly.
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Equalizer
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes