Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution Stops playing after 9 seconds and trouble loading podcasts & playlist.

I am having problems with music that stops playing 9/10 seconds in along with loading podcast along with playlists. Tried on both data and WiFi. I did the app reinstall and cleared cache still no lock. I am using an iPhone 12 with the app all up to d...

• I am having problems with music that stops playing 9/10 seconds in along with loading podcast along with playlists. Tried on both data and WiFi. I did the app reinstall and cleared cache still no loc...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium user - spotify only playing part of a song

premium familyIphone 6s My Question or Issue spotify has started only playing part of songs on both shuffle and normal play before it skips to the next song. Very annoying.Is there a way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • premium family Iphone 6s   My Question or Issue   spotify has started only playing part of songs on both shuffle and normal play before it skips to the next song.  Very annoying. ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Merch notification won't stop popping up on Premium

Spotify asked me to fill out a merchandise survey. It asked me questions like "Have you seen band merchandise recommendations?" I answered no, because honestly I don't really care for band merch. I thought I was doing Spotify a favor by giving my opi...

• Spotify asked me to fill out a merchandise survey. It asked me questions like "Have you seen band merchandise recommendations?" I answered no, because honestly I don't really care for band merch. I t...
  • phantomwizard
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

The color behind an album cover is a darker shade than normal

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueTypically when opening the app the color behind album art is a darker shade than it normally is until tapping and holding the cover art as if to share ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue Typically when opening the app the color behind album art is a darker shade...
  • Dukes898
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to play or download Episodes from a specific Podcast across multiple devices

PlanPremium CountryUK DeviceiPhone 12 mini / iPad 7th Gen Operating SystemiOS 15.2 My Question or IssueI am unable to play or download episodes from a specific podcast (Guardian Football Weekly). When I select 'Play' on an episode, nothing happens. W...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country UK   Device iPhone 12 mini / iPad 7th Gen   Operating System iOS 15.2   My Question or Issue I am unable to play or download episodes from a sp...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • apple
    iOS 15
    unable
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't delete or take off songs in my playlist on my iphone

So i just installed spotify, created a playlist, and added my own songs. While I was adding songs i accidentally added two of the same song. So I did what I had done with my android phone. I clicked on the three dots next to the song, scrolled down, ...

• So i just installed spotify, created a playlist, and added my own songs. While I was adding songs i accidentally added two of the same song. So I did what I had done with my android phone. I clicked ...
  • Vasil
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay not working on iPhone XR

Hi, I have been facing issues with autoplay on my iPhone. Me and my wife both share a premium plan and both have been facing this issue.I have cleared cache, redownloaded the app, have restarted my device. Nothing have solved this permanently. Autopl...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have been facing issues with autoplay on my iPhone. Me and my wife both share a premium plan and both have been facing this issue. I have cleared cache, redownloaded the app, have restarted my...
  • carlito143
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Harman Kardon Aura Plus can't connect to "Spotify Connect"

I've been having issue with connecting the speaker to play "Spotify Connect". It's used to work fine before but now it won't connect. when I choose the speaker in the device list on Spotify desktop(Windows 10) or even iPad, it keeps pending said "Con...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having issue with connecting the speaker to play "Spotify Connect". It's used to work fine before but now it won't connect. when I choose the speaker in the device list on Spotify desktop(W...
  • OggyBugs
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Alternatives?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPadOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueDoes anyone recommend another music service to use? We are lucky if we can string a few songs together without an issue. Constantly, pausing and playing, closing and opening app, r...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPad Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue Does anyone recommend another music service to use?  We are lucky if we can string a few songs toge...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Instantly removed from group sessions

PlanStudent PremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XR AND Web PlayerOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueI can't join or create group sessions. Clicking on the join link changes nothing about my spotify player, and when I try to pause/play/skip it says...

• Plan Student Premium Country UK Device iPhone XR AND Web Player Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue I can't join or create group sessions. Clicking on the join link change...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] [Playlists] Grouping of Liked Songs By Album

I suggest adding an easy way/button to group your tracks in the “liked songs” list by album. Oftentimes I will listen to an album over the span of several day, with other music interspersed, and therefore my liked songs list will have several songs f...

• I suggest adding an easy way/button to group your tracks in the “liked songs” list by album. Oftentimes I will listen to an album over the span of several day, with other music interspersed, and ther...
  • Arthur33
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can’t turn it off

I can’t turn off Spotify on my phone. It just keeps playing and playing. Even if you hit pause. The app never closes and there is always a song open. And it will randomly start playing. This happens when I use my phone with wired earphones. Apple no ...

• Regular
  • I can’t turn off Spotify on my phone. It just keeps playing and playing. Even if you hit pause. The app never closes and there is always a song open. And it will randomly start playing.   This...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

How to install Spotify on iOS 10.3.3

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceiPhone 5COperating SystemiOS 10.3.3My Question or IssueI have an old (I know) iPhone 5C and I'd like how to install Spotify on it. I use this device just for 2 purposes: Spotify and Strava. Also I'd like to know WHY Spot...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device iPhone 5C Operating System iOS 10.3.3 My Question or Issue I have an old (I know) iPhone 5C and I'd like how to install Spotify on it. I use this device ju...
  • carambolage
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes

Genre filter not showing in my liked songs playlist

PlanPremium (student)CountryCzechiaDevice(iPhone XR)Operating SystemiOS 15Spotify version8.7.42.1716 My Question or IssueHello,when I open my playlist with liked songs I don’t see the row with possibility of filtering the playlist by genre. Could you...

• Plan Premium (student) Country Czechia Device (iPhone XR) Operating System iOS 15 Spotify version 8.7.42.1716   My Question or Issue Hello, when I open my playlist with liked songs ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen Spotify on the speakers of the Apple Watch?

PlanPremiumCountryFrance Device(iPhone 12Operating System(iOS 15.5 My Question or Issuehello everybody, i have a simple question. I’m a new Owner of an APPLE WATCH 7, and I just want to know if I can use it as a speaker, to listen directly my downloa...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France  Device (iPhone 12 Operating System (iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue hello everybody,    i have a simple question. I’m a new Owner of an AP...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify showing offline but my mobile data is on?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • bulldogboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! why is there no queue button on my spotify? how do i fix this?

on my spotify there is no queue button, there’s only an option to share and that’s it. i’ve tried reinstalling the app and restarting my phone but nothings worked.

• on my spotify there is no queue button, there’s only an option to share and that’s it. i’ve tried reinstalling the app and restarting my phone but nothings worked.
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution and more button not working for free users

hello i would like to inform that the 'and more' button on playlists for free users (IOS) is not working once again, i'm aware this is an issue presumably fixed a few months ago but it's now back and i can't view the songs on playlists i've made or s...

• Casual Listener
  • hello i would like to inform that the 'and more' button on playlists for free users (IOS) is not working once again, i'm aware this is an issue presumably fixed a few months ago but it's now back and...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Double-tap on left earphone of airpods pro skip song

.Double-tap on left earphone of airpods pro skip song, same as right. I want left earphone double tap make back to previous song. PlanPremiumCountryPoland DeviceiPhone 11Operating System13.6.1 My Question or Issue.Double-tap on left earphone of airpo...

• Visitor
  • .Double-tap on left earphone of airpods pro skip song, same as right. I want left earphone double tap make back to previous song.     Plan Premium Country Poland   Device iPho...
  • davidsanger
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution iOS - Music is randomly pausing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 15.5My Question or IssueHi there! I'm new to posting a topic so go easy on me! Over the past couple of days my music has been randomly stopping. I use Release Radar quite often and I will start ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.5 My Question or Issue Hi there! I'm new to posting a topic so go easy on me! 🙂   Over the past couple of days my mu...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes