Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod

I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod when I go to select the playlist Spotify automatically closes and I can not sync my playlist how do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod  when I go to select the playlist Spotify automatically closes and I can not sync my playlist how do I fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All music gone???

Recently got a new iPhone with premium spotify but when logging in I can only view and listen to my playlists. Why can't I see my 'your music' tab?

• Regular
  • Recently got a new iPhone with premium spotify but when logging in I can only view and listen to my playlists. Why can't I see my 'your music' tab? 😞
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing problems.

I added some new songs to my playlists today and they started syncing fine but all of a sudden it' stopped and nothing will sync now, I've shut spotify off and back on again, I've even changed my internet connection but to no avail. I think it may be...

• Casual Listener
  • I added some new songs to my playlists today and they started syncing fine but all of a sudden it' stopped and nothing will sync now, I've shut spotify off and back on again, I've even changed my int...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Extracting tracks to playlist when being offline. Version 1.0.0.3251 iOS 7

Hey, When I'm offline I can't extract a track to a playlist. Is this my fault somehow, am I doing something wrong? Or this is just another ridiculous change that new iOS version has brought?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, When I'm offline I can't extract a track to a playlist. Is this my fault somehow, am I doing something wrong? Or this is just another ridiculous change that new iOS version has brought? &nbs...
  • Bensamims
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

View and edit play queue on iPhone

Hi there After the redesign, is there finally the possibility to see (and edit) the play queue or is that still missing? Cheers bc

• Hi there   After the redesign, is there finally the possibility to see (and edit) the play queue or is that still missing?   Cheers   bc
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify bug new update

The new update looks good, but the new update doens't work for me (iphone user). The images often dont load, en if i want to play the next song it takes way to long time. Olso it shuts down if i clik multiple buttons.

• Casual Listener
  • The new update looks good, but the new update doens't work for me (iphone user). The images often dont load, en if i want to play the next song it takes way to long time. Olso it shuts down if i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync my iphone 4 with Spotify

So I have followed all the directions under the help page for syncing iPhones to Spotify to put my music onto the app, but it doesn't work. It's not showing up under the devices page on the computer app, so I have no clue what to do. I am on the same...

• So I have followed all the directions under the help page for syncing iPhones to Spotify to put my music onto the app, but it doesn't work. It's not showing up under the devices page on the computer ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod

I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod when I go to select the playlist Spotify automatically closes and I can not sync my playlist how do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod when I go to select the playlist Spotify automatically closes and I can not sync my playlist how do I fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Have new app but not "your music"

I'm a relatively new subscriber (three months or so) and the one thing I have never understood is the lack of a feature to collect albums etc. I therefore have tonnes of playlists and it's quite annoying.From what I understand, if I'm correct, this f...

• Music Fan
  • I'm a relatively new subscriber (three months or so) and the one thing I have never understood is the lack of a feature to collect albums etc. I therefore have tonnes of playlists and it's quite ann...
  • AndrewMog
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on I Pad

I am a Spotify Premium customer and have used on various devices from tablets to phones. I now have I pad Air and have followed instructions on how to download playlists to listen offline but do not have the "button" available to do it. I am also get...

• I am a Spotify Premium customer and have used on various devices from tablets to phones. I now have I pad Air and have followed instructions on how to download playlists to listen offline but do not ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

new iphone alterations to spotify

Hi, One of the features I use every single day in Spotify is the 'add to' feature. When I'm listening to a song as I'm out and about, I regularly think 'ooh, that'd go well on my yoga playlist, or my party playlist' and then click on 'add to' and cho...

• Hi, One of the features I use every single day in Spotify is the 'add to' feature. When I'm listening to a song as I'm out and about, I regularly think 'ooh, that'd go well on my yoga playlist, or ...
  • tchan1
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Use Shuffle-> Choose any song -> back to Shuffle

Hi, i have a little doubt about the suffle mode in the iOS app. When I use shuffle mode, is perfect.. everything works fine... but then sometimes I like to choose any song, but the problem is that after this song.. the shuffle mode is out, and the ne...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi, i have a little doubt about the suffle mode in the iOS app. When I use shuffle mode, is perfect.. everything works fine... but then sometimes I like to choose any song, but the problem is tha...
  • juanoouu
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working on iPhone

Whenever I try an do anything (like search a song), I get a message popping up saying "an error occurred" with a button that says "try again". It's been doing this for 12+ hours. I've reinstalled many times. My playlists are also not syncing. I've ha...

• Whenever I try an do anything (like search a song), I get a message popping up saying "an error occurred" with a button that says "try again". It's been doing this for 12+ hours. I've reinstalled man...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS App keeps crashing at Login Page

I'm using the spotify app on my iPhone 5S and running iOS 7.0.4. I updated the app this morning and ever since it's been crashing. I've tried deleting the app, clearing the data and cookies, soft reset on my phone and a hard reset. None of this has w...

• I'm using the spotify app on my iPhone 5S and running iOS 7.0.4. I updated the app this morning and ever since it's been crashing. I've tried deleting the app, clearing the data and cookies, soft res...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New iOS Spotify: Album Information

I'd like to see album information on the new iOS version of Spotify. Year of release, length of album, etc. Is it there? Perhaps I'm missing the place to find the info?

• Roadie
  • I'd like to see album information on the new iOS version of Spotify.  Year of release, length of album, etc.  Is it there?  Perhaps I'm missing the place to find the info? 
  • nonstopdigital
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Wont change track when i click next or back

Hi the new update has some problems, but the biggest problem i have is that when im lisening to music on my iphon 4 and im not in the app, it doesnt change music when i click back, it just play the same song over and over, even when doubbel click it ...

• Hi the new update has some problems, but the biggest problem i have is that when im lisening to music on my iphon 4 and im not in the app, it doesnt change music when i click back, it just play the s...
  • sttevehere
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Betalat premium men det funkar inte på mobilen

Hej jag har betalat min första räkning 19/1 för spotify premium och först fungerade det i mobilen men nu kan jag inte längre använda spotify i mobilen och på er hemsida står det i mitt account att jag inte har premium. Varför? Jag har ju betalat förs...

• Hej jag har betalat min första räkning 19/1 för spotify premium och först fungerade det i mobilen men nu kan jag inte längre använda spotify i mobilen och på er hemsida står det i mitt account att ja...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists replaced by Music on latest update

My wife and I have identical iPhones. After the latest ios update below the radio button where on my phone it says Playlists hers says "Music". Once I press music on hers I see her playlists as well as a section with "favourite" artists, albums, whic...

• Visitor
  • My wife and I have identical iPhones. After the latest ios update below the radio button where on my phone it says Playlists hers says "Music". Once I press music on hers I see her playlists as well ...
  • jwort93
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Major bug

Since the last update my Spotify wont play at all!!! It just keeps waiting, with play marked but songs are still at 0:00. On my other phone (not updated) it plays The songs as it has been doin for several years. Whats this crap?! I have premium

• Since the last update my Spotify wont play at all!!! It just keeps waiting, with play marked but songs are still at 0:00. On my other phone (not updated) it plays The songs as it has been doin for ...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch 5th Generation 32GB Not Syncing Local Files

Hi all, So I recently (yesterday) got a new iPod Touch 5th Generation, and everything works great . . . except when I try to sync my local files. They're just grayed out. It doesn't show up in "Devices" on my PC App either. Yes it's connected to the ...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   So I recently (yesterday) got a new iPod Touch 5th Generation, and everything works great . . . except when I try to sync my local files. They're just grayed out. It doesn't show u...
  • Meckir
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes