Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Spotify help!

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help, I've just downloaded Spotify premium free trial on iPhone 4S, I've made my playlist for use offline & for some reason it won't let me play the songs in anything other that shuffle mode, I'm not able to ...

• Just wondering if anyone would be able to help, I've just downloaded Spotify premium free trial on iPhone 4S, I've made my playlist for use offline & for some reason it won't let me play the song...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover tab does not working on iphone

All Until recently the 'Discover' tab was working fine on my iphone. When I click on the 'Discover' tab now, its just a plain white screen. I have reading this same problem with others on Laptop. I am not sure but I think this happened after the last...

• All   Until recently the 'Discover' tab was working fine on my iphone. When I click on the 'Discover' tab now, its just a plain white screen. I have reading this same problem with others on ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stopped working

My spoify I has stopped working, u can see my playlist but it won't play

• My spoify I has stopped working, u can see my playlist but it won't play
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs I Star on iPhone Don't Show up on Spotify Client

Hi - I have Premium and when I star a song on my iPhone it doesn't show up in my "Starred" list of songs under "Your Music" in the client. Why aren't the two syncing up? Thanks, Paul

• Regular
  • Hi -   I have Premium and when I star a song on my iPhone it doesn't show up in my "Starred" list of songs under "Your Music" in the client.  Why aren't the two syncing up?   T...
  • plhoward
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto-Resume iOS playback when reconnecting bluetooth

I play Spotify via Bluetooth in my car. When I turn off the ignition and BT connection stops, Spotify stops playing. Then when I restart my car, I have to press play again to resume. I'd like to have an option to auto-resume when BT reconnects, or co...

• Regular
  • I play Spotify via Bluetooth in my car. When I turn off the ignition and BT connection stops, Spotify stops playing. Then when I restart my car, I have to press play again to resume. I'd like t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist called "-" not visible on mobile spotify

hi. why is that if you crate a playlist and name it with a minus sign (-) it doesn't show up on an ios device? it just creates kind of a gap between playlists and it's not possible to play that particular playlist? is this a bug or is this done with ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi. why is that if you crate a playlist and name it with a minus sign (-) it doesn't show up on an ios device? it just creates kind of a gap between playlists and it's not possible to play that parti...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPad 2 not syncing playlists

Installed Spotify on my iPad 2 today, logged in, it recognises my friends but doesn't bring up any of my playlists. iPad is connected on my home wifi (same as laptop and phone). Desktop app recognises when iPhone device is connected, but not iPad. I'...

• Casual Listener
  • Installed Spotify on my iPad 2 today, logged in, it recognises my friends but doesn't bring up any of my playlists. iPad is connected on my home wifi (same as laptop and phone). Desktop app recognise...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops when opening safari

Hi I think that this problem started with the new iOS update. It's really quite annoying as I usually listen to music from spotify when researching the web. Has anyone figured what to do? It's driving me mad!Thank you.

• Hi I think that this problem started with the new iOS update. It's really quite annoying as I usually listen to music from spotify when researching the web. Has anyone figured what to do? It's dr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting...

When I'm listening in my car spotify suddenly will stop halfway through the first song played, or maybe the second, and say Connecting. Then I switch on I heart radio, and then go back... and sometimes that helps, or I wait like half an hour and try ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm listening in my car spotify suddenly will stop halfway through the first song played, or maybe the second, and say Connecting.  Then I switch on I heart radio, and then go back... and s...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App. not working properly. iPhone 4S

I have a iPhone 4S and I paid for my subscription yesterday. My desktop app says I am premium member and when I go to my iPhone it sometimes works. By that I mean, it allows me to stream on demand anything like it should and then all of a sudden it w...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a iPhone 4S and I paid for my subscription yesterday. My desktop app says I am premium member and when I go to my iPhone it sometimes works. By that I mean, it allows me to stream on demand an...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS not showing full catolog

Hi, It seems that both iOS and android apps are not showing us all your choices. An example would be when I type in Swan lake into both mobile apps, it gives me maybe 4 or 5 albums. However, when I type the same piece into the desktop app, it gives m...

• Visitor
  • Hi, It seems that both iOS and android apps are not showing us all  your choices. An example would be when I type in Swan lake into both mobile apps, it gives me maybe 4 or 5 albums. However, ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist will not play

Hey I have a question about a playlist issue I have. I own an iPod touch 4th gen and use spotify on it, and whenever I add a song to my playlist, I can't play it. No matter how many times I click on the song in my playlist it won't load and play. I'm...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I have a question about a playlist issue I have. I own an iPod touch 4th gen and use spotify on it, and whenever I add a song to my playlist, I can't play it. No matter how many times I click on ...
  • _zoltan_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

IPHONE 5 IS NOT SYNCING FOR OFFLINE MODE

Hi all. I am using Version 0.9.4.25 of the Spotify App on my iPhone 5 Version 7.1. I have 3.7GB available and I have a premium account. None of my playlists are syncing so that I can listen to them in offline mode. I hit the button "make available of...

• Hi all.   I am using Version 0.9.4.25 of the Spotify App on my iPhone 5 Version 7.1. I have 3.7GB available and I have a premium account. None of my playlists are syncing so that I can liste...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why I cancelled Spotify within 1 hour of paying for a premium trial.

I've used MOG for years...very happy. They've been purchased by Beats Music. Spent hours transferring my library to Beats...they managed to wipe it out after one week. Had to spend hours rebuilding. Very frustrating. With the above experience under y...

• I've used MOG for years...very happy. They've been purchased by Beats Music. Spent hours transferring my library to Beats...they managed to wipe it out after one week. Had to spend hours rebuilding. ...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming of local files to iPhone without offline mode

I have a +60GB local music collection which I've got in Spotify. Is there a way to make this collection available on my iphone so I can stream via 3G? With only 16G, using offline mode won't be sufficient.

• I have a +60GB local music collection which I've got in Spotify. Is there a way to make this collection available on my iphone so I can stream via 3G? With only 16G, using offline mode won't be suf...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Working

Spotify is not working on my iphone after paying my bill. My user name is tyrekmcrae. I have restarted thedevice logged out andback in along with reinstalling the app multiple times.

• Spotify is not working on my iphone after paying my bill. My user name is tyrekmcrae. I have restarted thedevice logged out andback in along with reinstalling the app multiple times.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync after update to iOS 71.

Hey guys. As a long time premium user and daily user I need some help... After updating IOS the playlists and songs won't sync at all. iPhone 5S with iOs 7.1(11D167) 16gb with 5.5gb free Spotify app Version 0.9.4.25 ~160 Playlists of various sizes Tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys.   As a long time premium user and daily user I need some help...   After updating IOS the playlists and songs won't sync at all.   iPhone 5S with iOs 7.1(11D167) ...
  • MSjoberg
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 7.1 changed premium

All of a sudden I can't access premium features on my iOS 7.1 device such as playing songs individually, saving playlists, downloading music. What is going on?? It suddenly changed and was working before and I didn't do anything! This should not happ...

• All of a sudden I can't access premium features on my iOS 7.1 device such as playing songs individually, saving playlists, downloading music. What is going on?? It suddenly changed and was working be...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 7.1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect makes Airplay button disappear

So up until today I used to stream my music from Spotify on iPad to my Denon Cocoon using Airplay. Since today I have the Spotify Connect button available. Two problems with that:- The Airplay Button seems to be gone- The Spotify Connect Button doesn...

• Casual Listener
  • So up until today I used to stream my music from Spotify on iPad to my Denon Cocoon using Airplay. Since today I have the Spotify Connect button available. Two problems with that: - The Airplay Bu...
  • Nielsch1890
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes