Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes

Dragging Playlists

Is it possible to drag music from Spotify to my Itunes library?

• Is it possible to drag music from Spotify to my Itunes library?
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops after about 2 minutes on ipad app

I have a premium account and use Spotify on desktop, iphone and ipad. Desktop and iphone are working fine but my ipad app stops playing music after about 2 minutes. I get no message such as 'we paused play as another device is using your account' (it...

• I have a premium account and use Spotify on desktop, iphone and ipad.   Desktop and iphone are working fine but my ipad app stops playing music after about 2 minutes. I get no message such a...
  • Choochtown
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent playlists don't sync offline

For some days now my three newer playlist don't stay available offline even if I set them to be so. Each time I reopen spotify I have to do it again... most annoying!! Please fix it!!

• Visitor
  • For some days now my three newer playlist don't stay available offline even if I set them to be so. Each time I reopen spotify I have to do it again... most annoying!! Please fix it!!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot install premium on iPad

Already pay for the premium service, but cannot.get this onto the iPad,only the standard version.Can anyone help please?

• Already pay for the premium service, but cannot.get this onto the iPad,only the standard version. Can anyone help please?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps randomly stopping on my iPod touch.

Spotify keeps stalling in my iPod touch. I've tried logging out and back I again but no better. Then tried deleting the App and reinstalling but now it's constantly trying to connect and I can't get any of my tracks. Can someone help me to resolve.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify keeps stalling in my iPod touch. I've tried logging out and back I again but no better. Then tried deleting the App and reinstalling but now it's constantly trying to connect and I can't get ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium trail period finished but have account

Hi all, Have a premium account. Works perfectly on my samsung, android phone, but now I got a new iPad and it says the trail period has finished....but it does play all music. Bit strange. Logged in and out several timesLogged out , reinstalled app a...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   Have a premium account. Works perfectly on my samsung, android phone, but now I got a new iPad and it says the trail period has finished....but it does play all music. Bit strange. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

RADIO STATIONS LIMITED TO 20 ?!?!

Added 30 radio stations via my Mac (OSX 10.8.2). Those 30 stations DO appear on my iPad 3 (iOS 6.0.1). ONLY 20 of them appear on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.1). And, most strange of all, ONLY 20 stations now appear on my Mac. What's up ??

• Added 30 radio stations via my Mac (OSX 10.8.2).   Those 30 stations DO appear on my iPad 3 (iOS 6.0.1).   ONLY 20 of them appear on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.1).   And, most st...
  • michaellythgoe
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Just opened account using email address and cannot login to mobile app.

Just created a new login using my email address on the web site. I can login into the web site just fine, however the app on my iPad keeps telling me that my login information is invalid.

• Casual Listener
  • Just created a new login using my email address on the web site. I can login into the web site just fine, however the app on my iPad keeps telling me that my login information is invalid. 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

offline lists not syncing

like many others, my offline playlists are suddenly not syncing on my phone. i've tried turning my phone off, closing the app, even uninstalling then reinstalling the app, closing the app on my computer to see if that was causing problems, etc. pleas...

• Casual Listener
  • like many others, my offline playlists are suddenly not syncing on my phone. i've tried turning my phone off, closing the app, even uninstalling then reinstalling the app, closing the app on my compu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5 not recognized in devices

I have an iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.4 and using a Macbook Air. I am a premium user. I have read all the support threads and none of the fixes seem to be working for me. I am connected on the same wifi, but the iphone will not show up under the devices tab on ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.4 and using a Macbook Air. I am a premium user. I have read all the support threads and none of the fixes seem to be working for me. I am connected on the same wifi, bu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iPod Nano 7G

hey i'm going to buy a ipod nano 7g and i'm not sure if it works already with spotify. Does somebody know something about syncing it with spotify ?

• Music Fan
  • hey i'm going to buy a ipod nano 7g and i'm not sure if it works already with spotify. Does somebody know something about syncing it with spotify ?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 4 not working with premium

Hi I have a spotify premium account that is used at my house in Logan. I'm in bountiful right now and whenever I log in to spotify on my iPhone and try to choose a song is tells me spotify premium is required. How do I fix this?

• Hi I have a spotify premium account that is used at my house in Logan. I'm in bountiful right now and whenever I log in to spotify on my iPhone and try to choose a song is tells me spotify premium is...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Scratching / skipping sound when streaming from iPhone to Apple TV

I keep hearing this scratching sound every 10 seconds approximately when I stream music from my iPhone 4S Spotify App to my Apple TV. The sounds comes and goes. Anybody have this problem or know the fix? ThanksEJ

• Casual Listener
  • I keep hearing this scratching sound every 10 seconds approximately when I stream music from my iPhone 4S Spotify App to my Apple TV. The sounds comes and goes. Anybody have this problem or know the ...
  • flabbygums
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 4 - telling me I need premium

I downloaded the free spotify app and logged in to start playing my playlists. I then used it to play music and it was fine, I tried to use it today and it keeps telling me I cannot play my playlists as I need to get Spotify premium but playing it on...

• I downloaded the free spotify app and logged in to start playing my playlists. I then used it to play music and it was fine, I tried to use it today and it keeps telling me I cannot play my playlists...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPod Shuffle Local files??

How can I sync my Spotify playlists to my iPod Shuffle? I have tried and the mac app says I can only sync local files to my ipod shuffle. Does this mean I can only put songs I own on my ipod shuffle?? I have a couple spotify playlists of music I don'...

• How can I sync my Spotify playlists to my iPod Shuffle? I have tried and the mac app says I can only sync local files to my ipod shuffle. Does this mean I can only put songs I own on my ipod shuffle?...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how to connect ipod touch 3G to spotify?

Hello! I can't connect my ipod touch 3G to spotify. The ipod does't appear in the list of the devices. Please help... thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!  I can't connect my ipod touch 3G to spotify. The ipod does't appear in the list of the devices.   Please help... thanks!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

multiple devices not playing

I am trying to log into my account on 2 different devices and while they are both logged in. It only lets one of them have the premium abilities. On the second device it only lets me listen to the radio and tells me im not a premium member. Please he...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to log into my account on 2 different devices and while they are both logged in. It only lets one of them have the premium abilities. On the second device it only lets me listen to the ra...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local files to iPhone

I'm having trouble getting local MP3 files on my laptop to sync onto my iPhone. The files play perfectly on Spotify on my laptop, but after sync when I try to play them on my iPhone I just get the notice saying "Track not synced". The strange thing i...

• I'm having trouble getting local MP3 files on my laptop to sync onto my iPhone.   The files play perfectly on Spotify on my laptop, but after sync when I try to play them on my iPhone I just...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs pause on Iphone - Premium user

OK so for the last week or so now out of the blue my songs playing on my iphone pause approximately twice during the duration of a song and i have to move it on a bit and press play to get it going again. Extemely annoying as I pay for premuium servi...

• Casual Listener
  • OK so for the last week or so now out of the blue my songs playing on my iphone pause approximately twice during the duration of a song and i have to  move it on a bit and press play to get it g...
  • Stryder84
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working on iphone

I have started a free spotify premium trial. It now says spotify premium on my windows laptop installation. However it try and play songs on my iPhone it says I do not have premium. Thanks, Simon user name: ziggy067

• Visitor
  • I have started a free spotify premium trial. It now says spotify premium on my windows laptop installation. However it try and play songs on my iPhone it says I do not have premium.   Th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes