Announcements

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • Iyanu
  • Visitor
  • 865 replies
  • 319 likes
  • 865 replies
  • 319 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 123 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Does spotify still stream while online with playlist is marked offline?

i'm wondering if spotify for iOS still streams when a track is marked for offline play. the reason i ask, is because AT&T told me i went over 3GB last month - i don't care about that, but this was my first indication as i only stream over 3G in my ca...

• Casual Listener
  • i'm wondering if spotify for iOS still streams when a track is marked for offline play.  the reason i ask, is because AT&T told me i went over 3GB last month - i don't care about that, but t...
  • zerbino
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't sync local files on my iPhone 4 (Windows 7)

I've been trying to sync my local files to my iphone for about 2 weeks now but to no avail. My iPhone 4 doesn't show up on my Spotify devices on either of the computers that I use (both running Windows 7). I know that I used to be able to sync the lo...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to sync my local files to my iphone for about 2 weeks now but to no avail. My iPhone 4 doesn't show up on my Spotify devices on either of the computers that I use (both running Windo...
  • BobHope
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium membership not working on iPhone or iPad (iOS)

Hello, I am a premium subscriber, unable to stream music from my mobile devices. I receive a message that states "Only premium users can stream ondemand." how can I fix this? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am a premium subscriber, unable to stream music from my mobile devices. I receive a message that states "Only premium users can stream ondemand." how can I fix this?   Thanks. 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync local files

I´ve made some playlists on my computer and subscribe to some other. All of these I have succesfully synced to my iPhone. Some of the tracks in my playlists I´ve added myself. These I see in "local files" as I should. But those songs I can´t listen t...

• Casual Listener
  • I´ve made some playlists on my computer and subscribe to some other. All of these I have succesfully synced to my iPhone. Some of the tracks in my playlists I´ve added myself. These I see in "local...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I unsubscribe someone from listening to my playlist?

Someone subscribe my playbill .... I asked them to unsubscribe it but they are refusing how do I unsubscribe someone from listening to my playlist?

• Someone subscribe my playbill .... I asked them to  unsubscribe  it but they are refusing  how do I unsubscribe  someone from listening to my playlist?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks won't stream

New to spotify, sorry if this is simple but I can't find a solution. iPhone 4, premium subscription, new install of spotify app, on my home wifi. Find an album, click on track, appears to play but no sound. Progress bar on song looks funny and doesn'...

• Casual Listener
  • New to spotify, sorry if this is simple but I can't find a solution.    iPhone 4, premium subscription, new install of spotify app, on my home wifi. Find an album, click on track, appea...
  • Mpwma
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

When offline it always asks me to login

The iOS app *always* asks me to login in offline mode. Which defeats the purpose of offline playlists. Which is what I pay for. So I have to make a (roaming) 3G connection just to login with facebook, switch apps... Note: my time to go online again w...

• The iOS app *always* asks me to login in offline mode. Which defeats the purpose of offline playlists. Which is what I pay for.   So I have to make a (roaming) 3G connection just to login wi...
  • Stupify
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Repeat

Hello,I'm quite new on this forum so please don't open fire if i posted this on the wrong place.Whenever i tap on "Repeat" in the Spotify iPhone app (and yes, i sometimes listen to a song two or three times) it refuses to play it again. It just goes ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I'm quite new on this forum so please don't open fire if i posted this on the wrong place. Whenever i tap on "Repeat" in the Spotify iPhone app (and yes, i sometimes listen to a song two o...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Feature Request: Spotify Cloud Queue

Hi Spotify Developers, First, I would like to say you guys did a killer job on these Cocoa apps. I have never used the windows version, but the iOS and OSX versions kick-ass. So much faster than iTunes, and the downloads are almost instantaneous over...

• Hi Spotify Developers,    First, I would like to say you guys did a killer job on these Cocoa apps. I have never used the windows version, but the iOS and OSX versions kick-ass. So much...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Spotify Social - what i'm listening to while on 3G

If I am listening to music on my iPhone Spotify app while using 3G network, do the tracks I'm listening to appear on Spotify Social (i.e. I am listening to blah blahblah - assuming I've allowed this in my settings)? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • If I am listening to music on my iPhone Spotify app while using 3G network, do the tracks I'm listening to appear on Spotify Social (i.e. I am listening to blah blahblah  - assuming I've allowed...
  • ilovecupcakes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable auto sign in

How do you disable auto sign inwhen you want to sign in with a Facebook account on iPad.

• Casual Listener
  • How do you disable auto sign inwhen you want to sign in with a Facebook account on iPad.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I transfer local files to mobile using hard line instead of wifi?

I have some songs on my office desktop (which uses a hard line, not wifi) which I'd like to sync to my spotify mobile. This seems like a straightforward use case. How can I do this??? Why isnt this easy?? Desktop: Windows XP Mobile: iPhone 3G I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have some songs on my office desktop (which uses a hard line, not wifi) which I'd like to sync to my spotify mobile. This seems like a straightforward use case. How can I do this??? Why isnt this e...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Offline Mode REQUIRES internet access to use! Nearly useless on iPod Touch!

EDIT: iPod 4th generation running up-to-date iOS6. Almost every single time I open up the Spotify App I'm required to "login" -- it absolutely isn't remembering sessions very well at all. The iPod isn't turned off, isn't reset, other apps aren't open...

• Music Fan
  • EDIT: iPod 4th generation running up-to-date iOS6.   Almost every single time I open up the Spotify App I'm required to "login" -- it absolutely isn't remembering sessions very well at all. ...
  • arnold931
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

how do i send some one a message?

i would like to send one of my friends a private message but i do not see a message button anywhere. please help me? i cant even find my contacts. im new on here so if i could have some help that would b aweome

• Casual Listener
  • i would like to send one of my friends a private message but i do not see a message button anywhere. please help me? i cant even find my contacts. im new on here so if i could have some help that wou...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Taking over 24 hours (so far) to sync to iphone

We have been attempting to sync a playlist to our iphone for over 24 hours. Only 500 songs. My expectation is that it should have been done at the most in 15 minutes. What is the problem? It is on the same network as spotify on my computer. It was pl...

• Casual Listener
  • We have been attempting to sync a playlist to our iphone for over 24 hours.  Only 500 songs.  My expectation is that it should have been done at the most in 15 minutes.  What is the pr...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to disable sync on ipad

How do I disable the sync feature on my ipad? I don't have enough space on my ipad to sync all of my songs, and it makes my ipad run very slow. I just want to stream; how do I turn off the sync feature?

• Casual Listener
  • How do I disable the sync feature on my ipad? I don't have enough space on my ipad to sync all of my songs, and it makes my ipad run very slow. I just want to stream; how do I turn off the sync featu...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Help plz

I accidentally deleted a song from a playlist and I can't remember what it was called. Can I get it back?

• I accidentally deleted a song from a playlist and I can't remember what it was called. Can I get it back?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is sort by added?

Where is the sort by added filter, seriously... I add new songs daily in my playlists and it's totally annoying to constantly jump to old songs while on the go! Please give us this feature!

• Where is the sort by added filter, seriously... I add new songs daily in my playlists and it's totally annoying to constantly jump to old songs while on the go! Please give us this feat...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio function missing

Since I subscribed to Spotify Premium my radio function is missing! I have an iPhone 4 that I use Spotify with. Anybody having this problem and a solution or idea as to what the problem might be?Claudia

• Since I subscribed to Spotify Premium my radio function is missing! I have an iPhone 4 that I use Spotify with. Anybody having this problem and a solution or idea as to what the problem might be? Cl...
  • Bengan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play spotify on apple TV

Hey! I just bought a apple TV and I am trying to play spotify on my Apple TV, through my iPhone. I have red a lot of threads here on spotify and google, and tried everything, but it doesn't work. I am connected to the same wifi, and the iTunes user a...

• Hey!  I just bought a apple TV and I am trying to play spotify on my Apple TV, through my iPhone. I have red a lot of threads here on spotify and google, and tried everything, but it doesn't w...
  • fgend33
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes