Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify crashing when trying to open on iPad after latest update

Description After latest update on iPad, Spotify app crashes when I try to open it. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. First I tried to open Spotify. 2. Then Spotify crashed and shutdown. 3. I also cleared history, cookies, deleted ...

• Music Fan
  • Description After latest update on iPad, Spotify app crashes when I try to open it.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. First I tried to open Spotify. 2. Then Spotif...
  • Skippy1813
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't start play sometimes.

Hi, iPhone 4S, last iOS update (but not update specific, happening longer now) Sometimes when I open Spotify on iPhone (but it also happens on my fixed cable at home), it just won't work or it's slow. The problem shows itself as loading a song, but t...

• Regular
  • Hi,   iPhone 4S, last iOS update (but not update specific, happening longer now) Sometimes when I open Spotify on iPhone (but it also happens on my fixed cable at home), it just won't work...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crashhh iphone 5 after update

In updated spotify today to the newest version. But since I did that i'm unable to open the app. It just crashes before it even start up. Help!!?

• Casual Listener
  • In updated spotify today to the newest version. But since I did that i'm unable to open the app. It just crashes before it even start up. Help!!?
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod 4

I uploaded music to my ipod via wifi, why can't I take it with me and listen to it? none of the songs will play. it shows the bar moving, but no sound and nothing through the ear buds. do I have to be in a wifi zone to listen? I had previously had it...

• Visitor
  •  I uploaded music to my ipod via wifi, why can't I take it with me and listen to it?  none of the songs will play. it shows the bar moving, but no sound and nothing  through the ear bu...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app not syncing

Hi, Im a premium user and My iPhone app is downloading tracks but they are not syncing as the arrow icon appears but stays grey rather than going green?? It's worked fine ever since I've had it and I only ever really use spotify on my phone and alway...

• Hi, Im a premium user and My iPhone app is downloading tracks but they are not syncing as the arrow icon appears but stays grey rather than going green?? It's worked fine ever since I've had it a...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Local Files not syncing up correctly.

Hello peeps! So i've stumbled upon a wierd problem. I got some local files in my favorite playlist. But they dont work, they arent greyed out, so that would suggest its synced, but when i try to play it. it says "Track not Synced" And even if i try t...

• Regular
  • Hello peeps! So i've stumbled upon a wierd problem. I got some local files in my favorite playlist. But they dont work, they arent greyed out, so that would suggest its synced, but when i try to play...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What's new missing from app update

I don't know if this has been discussed previously but when I updated my iPhone app it seems that the what's new section has been replaced by the discover section. So my question is where has the 'top' played songs gone, like the charts, can't seem t...

• Regular
  • I don't know if this has been discussed previously but when I updated my iPhone app it seems that the what's new section has been replaced by the discover section. So my question is where has the 'to...
  • Jackdawkc
  • Regular
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iPhone missing feature
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Can only sync local files with iPod... HELP!

I've been using Spotfiy Premium for many months now. Normally, I just purchase gift cards every month or three months as I need them. This time however, I just ended up paying with my debit card. Premium seems to be working on my account on my laptop...

• I've been using Spotfiy Premium for many months now.  Normally, I just purchase gift cards every month or three months as I need them.  This time however, I just ended up paying with my deb...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not sync my songs

I can't sync my songs nothing works I've tried everything I don't want to waste my money on premium if I Can't get the full experience. PLEASE HELP!

• I can't sync my songs nothing works I've tried everything I don't want to waste my money on premium if I Can't get the full experience. PLEASE HELP!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to shuffle between all playlists?

Hello, Sorry if this is really obvious but is there a way to shuffle songs on the iPhone app. I know how to shuffle songs within 1 playlist but I was wondering if you could shuffle songs between all the playlists I have??Hope you can helpThanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Sorry if this is really obvious but is there a way to shuffle songs on the iPhone app. I know how to shuffle songs within 1 playlist but I was wondering if you could shuffle songs between ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files won't sync with IOS6

I've tried everything I know to do to get my local files to sync with my Iphone 5. Never had a problem with the exact same files with the previous version of the software and iPhone. Any update coming to solve this?

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried everything I know to do to get my local files to sync with my Iphone 5. Never had a problem with the exact same files with the previous version of the software and iPhone. Any update comin...
  • markiet4308
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Issue with the newer version of Spotify 0.7.1 Iphone 3GS

Good morning, I have just updated spotify to the newer version 0.7.1 on Iphone 3GS with iOS 6.1, and I have found an issue, when I'm trying to open the app, it crashed! I can't open it, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it but I have the same issue!

• Good morning, I have just updated spotify to the newer version 0.7.1 on Iphone 3GS with iOS 6.1, and I have found an issue, when I'm trying to open the app, it crashed! I can't open it, I've uninstal...
  • hunybucket
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists on iOS - No Reordering, customizing playlists on iOS

First of all -- all you helpful community people, don't mark problems as "Solved" when they are not! I've posted on here several times regarding Spotify removing the feature that allows you to reorder your playlist on iOS (specifically iPhone and iPo...

• Regular
  • First of all -- all you helpful community people, don't mark problems as "Solved" when they are not!   I've posted on here several times regarding Spotify removing the feature that allows yo...
  • JuhaN
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

0.7.1 update CRASHES Iphone 5 at start up

I just updated to the new 0.7.1 spotify app and now every time I try to load the app it crashes right away. Anyone else having this issue? Spotify, please issue an update to fix this. Thanks!!

• I just updated to the new 0.7.1 spotify app and now every time I try to load the app it crashes right away.   Anyone else having this issue?   Spotify, please issue an update to fix...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 14 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 9 likes

Not all numbers synchronize to offline playlist.

I have an Iphone 5 and Spotify premium. For some reason Spotify is refusing to sync. all of my songs to an offline playlist ( only about 80% ). Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix this?

• I have an Iphone 5 and Spotify premium. For some reason Spotify is refusing to sync. all of my songs to an offline playlist ( only about 80% ).  Does anyone know why this happens and how I ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists gone after updating July 2

I updated my app today July 2, 2013 and when I reopened the app all my playlists were gone. Every song I have saved the past five years. The playlists are still on my computer. I deleted the app and downloaded it again and now I can't even log in. He...

• I updated my app today July 2, 2013 and when I reopened the app all my playlists were gone. Every song I have saved the past five years. The playlists are still on my computer. I deleted the app and ...
  • rainField
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Umphrey's McGee wrong Professor Wormbog on mobile

The version of Profesor Wormbog on Live at the Beacon Theater that plays on my phone is totally different from the one that plays on my computer. I'm almost %100 the version on mobile is wrong, is there any way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • The version of Profesor Wormbog on Live at the Beacon Theater that plays on my phone is totally different from the one that plays on my computer. I'm almost %100 the version on mobile is wrong, is th...
  • RedBeard2342
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost my playlist

Hi   Lost all my playlist today when i uppdated how do i get them back ?

• Hi   Lost all my playlist today when i uppdated how do i get them back ?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Synced songs doesn't play

I have an issue with Spotify on my iPhone5. Some of the songs in my playlists are marked as synced, but won't play at all. Neither do they play when I am online or offline. This seem to happend randomly to some of the songs in my playlists. These are...

• Regular
  • I have an issue with Spotify on my iPhone5. Some of the songs in my playlists are marked as synced, but won't play at all. Neither do they play when I am online or offline. This seem to happend rando...
  • andreasalnaes
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    synchronisation
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashes after latest update

Program crashes immediately upon starting since latest update. iOS 6.1.4 (10B350) iPhone 5 Tried so far: clearing Safari cookies and history, uninstalling Spotify and reinstalling, hard reboot. Any suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • Program crashes immediately upon starting since latest update.    iOS 6.1.4 (10B350) iPhone 5 Tried so far: clearing Safari cookies and history, uninstalling Spotify and reinstalli...
  • babamike
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes