Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 30 likes

Mobile app (iOS) Spotify 2.0 - New layout design [SUPPORT to make it happen]

On mobile, we all expect user experience is "as easy as ONE click". I put in some effort to rethink about how i dream about a better spotify app.The core concept modifications are:SWIPE to change from Online to Offline mode, vice versaLive activity i...

• Regular
  • On mobile, we all expect user experience is "as easy as ONE click".   I put in some effort to rethink about how i dream about a better spotify app. The core concept modifications are: SWIPE...
  • mattz
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • mobile app
    new design
    New ideas
    offline mode
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone 5 offline playlists wont sync

Hello, I have spotify premium and I currently use it on my ipad and my iphone 5. I am having a problem with the offline mode for playlists. I have one playlist that has around 50 songs, when I try to download the playlist for offline listening, it wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I have spotify premium and I currently use it on my ipad and my iphone 5. I am having a problem with the offline mode for playlists. I have one playlist that has around 50 songs, when ...
  • kartboy55
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

It's telling me I don't have premium??

I was signed up for Spotify premium on a debit card that has since expired, so I signed up with a new credit card and have been charged but it will not let me listen to my playlists and tells me I don't have Spotify premium. It's been 3 days.

• I was signed up for Spotify premium on a debit card that has since expired, so I signed up with a new credit card and have been charged but it will not let me listen to my playlists and tells me I do...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with Spotify in car - Iphone 3Gs

Hello. I am a spotify Premium user, with an Iphone 3Gs. I have Premium in part to be able to use the application in my car. I have a USB auxiliary connection that allows me to hook up ipods/iphones to my car to play music. However, when I try and use...

• Hello. I am a spotify Premium user, with an Iphone 3Gs. I have Premium in part to be able to use the application in my car. I have a USB auxiliary connection that allows me to hook up ipods/iphones t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Ipod Touch - Premium Account - Music Not Playing

Hey, I am a premium user and I would like to listen to music via the Ipod Touch. My IOS and Spotify app are up to date. However, I have not been able to play any of my songs without the song stopping. My internet is fine. So I think this is a Spotify...

• Hey, I am a premium user and I would like to listen to music via the Ipod Touch.  My IOS and Spotify app are up to date.  However, I have not been able to play any of my songs without t...
  • Robbie
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant find iPod backup.

Alright so I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I hooked up my iPod to spotify and pressed backup, erase and sync and chose a folder for it. After the sync though, I went looking for those files in that folder and it says there is nothing...

• Alright so I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I hooked up my iPod to spotify and pressed backup, erase and sync and chose a folder for it. After the sync though, I went looking for thos...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.4

What's new in this version (0.6.4): Fixed: Regular crashing for some users when trying to play music. Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version (0.6.4): Fixed: Regular crashing for some users when trying to play music. Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

i podtouch unreliable using spotify my old phone is better does not lose connection why is this?

can anyone help with this i pod loses internet and takes ages to restart spotify stops twice a day or so

• Casual Listener
  • can anyone  help with this i pod loses internet and takes ages to restart spotify stops twice a day or so  
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Question re: Spotify on iOS

I'm currently about to run out of space on my iPhone and trying to free up some space. I was wondering if in iTunes, when a device is connected and shows you what is using what space, are songs that you've synced to your device included in the "Apps"...

• Regular
  • I'm currently about to run out of space on my iPhone and trying to free up some space. I was wondering if in iTunes, when a device is connected and shows you what is using what space, are songs that ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IPhone wont play tracks in correct order

Ive searched all over the app but no luck. I see the Shuffle Play button but that just randomly selects another track. How do I play an album in its correct order on my iPhone? Ok I found it. If you tap the now playing screen it has the options. Feel...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive searched all over the app but no luck.  I see the Shuffle Play button but that just randomly selects another track.  How do I play an album in its correct order on my iPhone?   ...
  • system22
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify won't play on iphone

I've paid for Premium and if I click "upgrade" in Spotify now it says I have an active Premium-account. However I canno't use Spotify on my iPhone, when I click on a song (they are all marked "light grey") it says I need premium for on-demand mobile ...

• I've paid for Premium and if I click "upgrade" in Spotify now it says I have an active Premium-account. However I canno't use Spotify on my iPhone, when I click on a song (they are all marked "light ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

MP3 tracks transfered to Spotify problem

I transfered about 150 songs from a folder on my desktop to my "SlamFM" playlist in Spotify. The problem is that Spotify doesn't synch these tracks on my iPhone's playlist so I can only listen these tracks on my laptop but not on my iPhone. When I co...

• I transfered about 150 songs from a folder on my desktop to my "SlamFM" playlist in Spotify. The problem is that Spotify doesn't synch these tracks on my iPhone's playlist so I can only listen these ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium upgrade not on phone

I upgraded to premium but it still does not work on my iPad or iPhone. It says only premium members.... I tried to re-download the apps and it still isn't working. A little help would go a long way

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded to premium but it still does not work on my iPad or iPhone. It says only premium members.... I tried to re-download the apps and it still isn't working. A little help would go a long ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Just started 30 day free trial, but can't login

On my iphone I get 'login failed Could not login to spotify. Maybe you've changed the password.....?' So I reset the password, carefully typing the new password into the Spotify Login screen on the iphone 4s ios 6.1 but it keeps failing. I did have a...

• Casual Listener
  • On my iphone I get 'login failed Could not login to spotify. Maybe you've changed the password.....?'  So I reset the password, carefully typing the new password into the Spotify Login screen on...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred songs on desktop don't sync to iphone

Hallo,i need you help. Since Saturday i have a problem with my Iphone5 Spotify app,before i starred songs on desktop, activate online mode on iphone and starred songs in playlist begin sync, now this no longer works, online mode ist active but nothin...

• Music Fan
  • Hallo, i need you help.   Since Saturday i have a problem with my Iphone5 Spotify app,before i starred songs on desktop, activate online mode on iphone and starred songs in playlist begin syn...
  • Salentinu
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Tracks disappearing offline

I know there are a lot of posts about playlists disappearing offline, but my issue is about tracks. I just added 3 songs to my 2010s playlist on my PC and I decided to make sure these were on my iPod offline so I would be able to take these tracks in...

• I know there are a lot of posts about playlists disappearing offline, but my issue is about tracks. I just added 3 songs to my 2010s playlist on my PC and I decided to make sure these were on my iPod...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Click on playbutton closes webpage on ipad

Hi all, I try to implement the spotify play button on a website with a dynamic tracklist. Everything works fine within every browser, except on the ipad. When i touch the play button on the ipad, there is a message to open the spotify app or to downl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I try to implement the spotify play button on a website with a dynamic tracklist. Everything works fine within every browser, except on the ipad. When i touch the play button o...
  • Droobie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont sync my playlists

Hey guys ive had no problems with spotify recently except that my ipod touch playists wont sync all the way. I have done a clean install on my ipod and computer with no help. when i turn on spotify on my ipod the playlists are all listed but only a p...

• Hey guys ive had no problems with spotify recently except that my ipod touch playists wont sync all the way.  I have done a clean install on my ipod and computer with no help. when i turn on spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone Not Registering My Premium Subscription

Hey all,I have had Spotify Premium for a few months with no problems. However this morning after I got off work my iPhone no longer registers that I am a premium member. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all, I have had Spotify Premium for a few months with no problems. However this morning after I got off work my iPhone no longer registers that I am a premium member. Help?
  • BrandonHotz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes