Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

can't sync iPhone

God, I hate paying premium for a service, yet getting same support as free. Ok, have iPhone4, all i want to do is sync the iphone playlists, but keep getting messages. I went to devices on spotify, went to iphone, sent me to itunes, and nothing. It e...

• Music Fan
  • God, I hate paying premium for a service, yet getting same support as free. Ok, have iPhone4, all i want to do is sync the iphone playlists, but keep getting messages. I went to devices on spotif...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding already synced playlist

Hi! When i add more music, like an album to a certain playlist on my Mac and want it to be synced to my Iphone how do i do it without syncing the hole playlist once again? Like adding 12 songs takes an hour to be synced:/ Thank's for an answer:)

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! When i add more music, like an album to a certain playlist on my Mac and want it to be synced to my Iphone how do i do it without syncing the hole playlist once again? Like adding 12 songs takes ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch 5g doesnt sync over same WiFi signal, not recognized as device using lightning cable

First of all I would like to point out that I have successfully been able to sync some of my music to my iPod, but only over wifi at a friends home. I've lost hope that spotify will ever get support or fix the lightning cable problem. My iPod touch h...

• Visitor
  • First of all I would like to point out that I have successfully been able to sync some of my music to my iPod, but only over wifi at a friends home. I've lost hope that spotify will ever get support ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

WTF, my iPod touch is refusing to play!!!

When starting to play evrey song stops playing after abot one(1) minute.I have premium account so this really sucks...Nothing wrong with the account coz it plays on every other device i use.It´s the same even if i use OffLineMode. plz, anyone having ...

• Casual Listener
  • When starting to play evrey song stops playing after abot one(1) minute. I have premium account so this really sucks... Nothing wrong with the account coz it plays on every other device i use. It´...
  • alzoh
  • Casual Listener
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't sync Ipod while spotify is running on pc

The headline is a bit deceptive, I can actually sync, that's not exactly the problem. The problem is that whenever I try to connect my Ipod to my pc, via wifi or usb, my pc version unchecks all of my playlists which deletes all of my songs on my Ipod...

• Gig Goer
  • The headline is a bit deceptive, I can actually sync, that's not exactly the problem. The problem is that whenever I try to connect my Ipod to my pc, via wifi or usb, my pc version unchecks all of my...
  • rdngmikey
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play Premium

I just bought Spotify premium and it won't work on my phone. I can't figure out how to fix this issue. I don't know if I have a spotify account Seperate from my Facebook account

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought Spotify premium and it won't work on my phone. I can't figure out how to fix this issue. I don't know if I have a spotify account Seperate from my Facebook account
  • TheRealMjUnit
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App switching reinitializes radio station if paused.

If I pause the radio, and switch apps, when I come back to Spotify the app unnecessarily reloads the radio station and forgets what song was playing.

• Regular
  • If I pause the radio, and switch apps, when I come back to Spotify the app unnecessarily reloads the radio station and forgets what song was playing.
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New UI

When in playlist HATE HATE HATE how you now can't now fast forward into like a minute into that track from that screenNow need to open the track up to do thisBad

• Regular
  • When in playlist HATE HATE HATE how you now can't now fast forward into like a minute into that track from that screen Now need to open the track up to do this Bad
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle problems

I thought the new iPhone version fixed this but it's still happening. Whenever I play an album after playing "Starred Tracks" on shuffle it also shuffles the album even though I don't want it to.

• Casual Listener
  • I thought the new iPhone version fixed this but it's still happening. Whenever I play an album after playing "Starred Tracks" on shuffle it also shuffles the album even though I don't want it to.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bibliothèque sur iPhone

Bonjour ! Je me demandais s'il était possible (ou si cela était en projet) d'avoir la bibliothèque sur l'application iPhone. En effet, cela permettrait, comme sur l'ordinateur, d'accéder à tous les titres ajoutés dans toutes les playlists confondues....

• Regular
  • Bonjour !   Je me demandais s'il était possible (ou si cela était en projet) d'avoir la bibliothèque sur l'application iPhone.   En effet, cela permettrait, comme sur l'ordinateur, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ipad syncing local files from pc problem

I can't sync local files from pc. the spotify won't find my ipad. pls i'm a premium subscriber and want it to work.

• I can't sync local files from pc. the spotify won't find my ipad. pls i'm a premium subscriber and want it to work.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 0.6.0.181: Freeze & Crash

I've un-installed/re-installed several times and re-booted my phone just as many but app continues to freeze up and crash. I don't notice any particular action that makes it do this, as it has happened so many times in so many situations. I did notic...

• Visitor
  • I've un-installed/re-installed several times and re-booted my phone just as many but app continues to freeze up and crash. I don't notice any particular action that makes it do this, as it has happen...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline tracks

I used to be a premium member and had a whole playlist available for offline mode. Then I lost my premium account and all the tracks are no longer available off line

• I used to be a premium member and had a whole playlist available for offline mode. Then I lost my premium account and all the tracks are no longer available off line
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipad 1 Spotify 0.5.10.14/0.6.0.181 Crashing

Hello, Spotify keeps crashing on my iPad 1. I am using version 0.5.10.14 of the Spotify app. The crashing seems more common when I am viewing the full screen "now playing screen". It usually happens after about 5-15 minutes. Please help. Thanks, Joel

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   Spotify keeps crashing on my iPad 1.  I am using version  0.5.10.14 of the Spotify app.  The crashing seems more common when I am viewing the full screen "now pl...
  • arizonajoel
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Login to spotify using Facebook but says I'm not connected

DescriptionI checked my Facebook to find out that I couldn't login so I did a password reset and got blocked from friend requests for 30 days and when that happened is when this bug with spotify started.A more detailed description, using numbered ste...

• Composer
  • Description I checked my Facebook to find out that I couldn't login so I did a password reset and got blocked from friend requests for 30 days and when that happened is when this bug with spotify st...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Artists completely blanked out

DescriptionMy suggested artists are completely blank no album art no label and it doesn't change.A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. First I did this2. Then I did that3. I also did this4. then this5. then this6. and finally, thisWhat ...

• Composer
  • Description My suggested artists are completely blank no album art no label and it doesn't change. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. First I did this 2. Then I did that 3. I...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone version isn't showing music that is on Ipad version and more

Hello, I wanted to report a few issues I'm having as well as a few of my friends with Spotify. When using the mobile version for Iphone 5 and trying to search a artist. For example: Kayne West. The iphone version doesn't show any of his albums and ne...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello,   I wanted to report a few issues I'm having as well as a few of my friends with Spotify. When using the mobile version for Iphone 5 and trying to search a artist. For example: Kayne ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify crashes immediately on iphone 5

Description As soon as I click the Spotify app to open it, it shows a white screen for literally one second as if it's going to load but then it just closes. I tried clearing all my history etc, restarting the phone, then downloading Spotify again an...

• Description As soon as I click the Spotify app to open it, it shows a white screen for literally one second as if it's going to load but then it just closes. I tried clearing all my history etc, re...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline playlists not syncing properly with my iphone4?

Having extreme problems with offline sync. All was fine until I got the update 0.6.0.181 this morning. All of my already synced playlists dissapeared and I've spent all day recreating them, to find at the end that they won't even sync anyway. It gets...

• Casual Listener
  • Having extreme problems with offline sync. All was fine until I got the update 0.6.0.181 this morning. All of my already synced playlists dissapeared and I've spent all day recreating them, to fi...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Error when sending music to friends

When I attempt to share music with friends via Spotify on my iPhone, I get a message telling me Spotify could not send the track due to an unknown error. Then it closes. I am afraid to uninstall because I get a message telling me all my data will be ...

• When I attempt to share music with friends via Spotify on my iPhone, I get a message telling me Spotify could not send the track due to an unknown error. Then it closes. I am afraid to uninstall beca...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes