Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

What is this icon?

Ok after much searching I can't seem to find the answer to this. When you go to a track and you swipe it, it shows a variety of options you can do. The first one is where you star the track, but the second one shows a few rectangles on top of each ot...

• Ok after much searching I can't seem to find the answer to this.   When you go to a track and you swipe it, it shows a variety of options you can do. The first one is where you star the trac...
  • Sweetmo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app does not scrobble plays of local files

I'm a Premium subscriber. 1. In Spotify PC app, I make a playlist with local files. 2. In Spoify on iPad, I sync the playlist. 3. In Spotify on iPad, I play a file from the playlist. 4. Play does not scrobble to last.fm. (Also not after a delay.) Con...

• Regular
  • I'm a Premium subscriber.   1. In Spotify PC app, I make a playlist with local files. 2. In Spoify on iPad, I sync the playlist. 3. In Spotify on iPad, I play a file from the playlist. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline syncing not working with iPad3

I have gone through a thousand different threads looking for a solution, and found nothing that works. All I want to do is listen to my playlists offline, as 3G often doesn't stream fast enough to enjoy uninterrupted smooth playback of songs. I have ...

• I have gone through a thousand different threads looking for a solution, and found nothing that works. All I want to do is listen to my playlists offline, as 3G often doesn't stream fast enough to ...
  • esfoster5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone not showing up under Devices

I have an iPhone 4S iOS 6.1. I have a Spotify Premium account. Ever since I have had Spotify, my device has never shown up under the Devices list. I am positive they are under the same wifi and the same account. My only theory of why this isn't worki...

• I have an iPhone 4S iOS 6.1. I have a Spotify Premium account. Ever since I have had Spotify, my device has never shown up under the Devices list. I am positive they are under the same wifi and the s...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Iphone 5 trying to sync a playlist to be available offline

I am having issues with selecting a playlist to be available offline. I slide the radio slider button to be available for offline use and doesn't work for certain playlist. It synced one whole playlist but not some others. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • I am having issues with selecting a playlist to be available offline. I slide the radio slider button to be available for offline use and doesn't work for certain playlist. It synced one whole playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone Premium not working

I have been a premium user for quite a few months now using it on my iPhone. However I have just tried to use it again for the first time in a while and it is saying that I need premium when I have been a regular user since last year! Is this a payme...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been a premium user for quite a few months now using it on my iPhone. However I have just tried to use it again for the first time in a while and it is saying that I need premium when I have b...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

IPhone App Request - Organizing Playlist Tracks!

I love spotify and the app. I often use it to create playlists while on the go. I feel like an older version allowed yout to re-order tracks on a playlist but now with the new version, I cannot seem to figure that out. Is there a way to drag and drop...

• I love spotify and the app.  I often use it to create playlists while on the go.  I feel like an older version allowed yout to re-order tracks on a playlist but now with the new version, I ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist-Radio Next/Previous Song function?

Hey, does anybody knows if there´s an option to get to previous songs in the artist-radio playlists? especially on the mobile version. thanks d

• Hey,   does anybody knows if there´s an option to get to previous songs in the artist-radio playlists? especially on the mobile version.   thanks d
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re-Sync a Song

I've got a song synced to my iPod 4 (specifically Deadmau5 – Raise Your Weapon - Madeon Extended Remix) and a minute or two into the song, spotify skips to the next item in the queue. Manually moving the little button in the playback bar into the unp...

• Visitor
  • I've got a song synced to my iPod 4 (specifically Deadmau5 – Raise Your Weapon - Madeon Extended Remix) and a minute or two into the song, spotify skips to the next item in the queue. Manually moving...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists getting pushed into "Artists" folder.

I have a lot of playlists - on iOS, Spotify displays probably 15 of them before putting the rest into a folder called "Artists." It's pretty annoying and I haven't found any other posts with the same problem. Is this normal? Any time I try to delete ...

• I have a lot of playlists - on iOS, Spotify displays probably 15 of them before putting the rest into a folder called "Artists." It's pretty annoying and I haven't found any other posts with the same...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify scrobbles wrong tracks from iPod Classic

I have Spotify synchronize my iPod Classic (current generation) and while everything works so far, I noticed that when I connect the iPod a number of tracks are being scrobbled to my Last.fm account - only that Spotify sends a seemingly random list o...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify synchronize my iPod Classic (current generation) and while everything works so far, I noticed that when I connect the iPod a number of tracks are being scrobbled to my Last.fm account ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify IOS app does not recognize premium account

I just signed up for the 30-day free trial premium account to see how it works on my iPhone. Unfortunately, the iphone app does not recognize my account as premium and does not allow me to do on-demand streaming. I am thinking of continuing my subscr...

• Casual Listener
  • I just signed up for the 30-day free trial premium account to see how it works on my iPhone.  Unfortunately, the iphone app does not recognize my account as premium and does not allow me to do o...
  • teytwo
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Queued 'Track Only Available Online' messages...

When i loose my 3G connection while playing online content, the app (IOS 5.1.1) gives me an alert saying: 'Track Only Available Online' This track is nog synced and not available offine. Connect to a network and try again. [ OK ] The problem is... Wh...

• When i loose my 3G connection while playing online content, the app (IOS 5.1.1) gives me an alert saying:   'Track Only Available Online' This track is nog synced and not ava...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

iPod Nano syncing

I synced my nano and it wiped device vice. I can see where my music is saved (in Storage), but can't get it back onto my IPod. Spotify loaded 3 free songs and that's all that I can get (it syncs, but doesn't load my music). My Itunes account is on an...

• I synced my nano and it wiped device vice. I can see where my music is saved (in Storage), but can't get it back onto my IPod. Spotify loaded 3 free songs and that's all that I can get (it syncs, but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not recognizing premium account on mobile

I have the iPhone and recently upgraded to a premium account, but when I try to play music on my mobile app it says I need a premium account. I tried logging in and out several times and even reinstalling the app. Help!

• I have the iPhone and recently upgraded to a premium account, but when I try to play music on my mobile app it says I need a premium account. I tried logging in and out several times and even reinsta...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5 battery/playing bug

I also have The iPhone 5 and spotify premium, and today i listend to music from 07 to 18 and have recharged 3-4 Times today, starting The day with 100% and i have also noticed that sometimes when i pause The music from My headset The play icon is sti...

• I also have The iPhone 5 and spotify premium, and today i listend to music from 07 to 18 and have recharged 3-4 Times today, starting The day with 100% and i have also noticed that sometimes when i p...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I save a radio station I create on iPhone?

Now Spotify does NOT take technical support questions at their premium email address for paying subscribers such as myself (at $120 per year), which sucks. They launch the radio on the mobile devices, but once I create my own station by typing in an ...

• Now Spotify does NOT take technical support questions at their premium email address for paying subscribers such as myself (at $120 per year), which sucks.   They launch the radio on the mob...
  • Ashton
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Songs available on desktop but not phone

Hello, I'm using the iPhone 4s with whatever the latest iOS and Spotify updates are (just updated sptofiy about twenty minutes ago). I seem to be unable to find some songs on Spotify Mobile that otherwise pop up in full on desktop. This has happened ...

• Hello, I'm using the iPhone 4s with whatever the latest iOS and Spotify updates are (just updated sptofiy about twenty minutes ago). I seem to be unable to find some songs on Spotify Mobile that othe...
  • bass_insane_ma
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod touch needs to be able to be alphabetized

Could there please be an update soon for the mobile app for the ipod so that you can organize your playlists and find what we are looking for faster. It's already on for computers, why not mobile too?!?

• Could there please be an update soon for the mobile app for the ipod so that you can organize your playlists and find what we are looking for faster. It's already on for computers, why not mobile too...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone Sync Incredibly slow

The sync rate for my iPhone is about 1 song every 1-2 minutes and has always been this way, whether connected to my laptop via usb or via Wifi. That rate is ridiculous. Are there any plans of improving performance? This has been an issue for months. ...

• The sync rate for my iPhone is about 1 song every 1-2 minutes and has always been this way, whether connected to my laptop via usb or via Wifi.  That rate is ridiculous.  Are there any plan...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes