Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Premium upgrade

I got the free 30 days premium membership but Spotify says I still need a premium membership. I have logged in and out but it still does not let me stream music on my iPad. Please help. Not a good start!

• I got the free 30 days premium membership but Spotify says I still need a premium membership. I have logged in and out but it still does  not let me stream music on my iPad. Please help. Not a g...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist on iPod Touch Crashing Constantly - It's all NEW though!

I've just started using Spotify (about a week ago), signed up for all the whistles and bells. Bought a new iPod touch. So I was playing a playlist whilst connected to wifi today and Spotify just started cracking it. Stop, start, stop, start, stop, st...

• I've just started using Spotify (about a week ago), signed up for all the whistles and bells.  Bought a new iPod touch.    So I was playing a playlist whilst connected to wifi toda...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod sync replaces all music each time

Everytime I connect my Ipod to sync my offline music it asks to backup and erase my ipod and then proceeds tp download everything from scratch again....which takes ages, not sure what I am doing wrong ? Thanks Matt

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I  connect my Ipod to sync my offline music it asks to backup and erase my ipod and then proceeds tp download everything from scratch again....which takes ages, not sure what I &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug report for Slow WiFi Sync

Since the iOS WiFi issue still hasn't been resolved, I thought I'd try to quantify it and fill in the bug report template. I would really appreciate a response on this, since I'm burning through my data plan by syncing on LTE. Description Syncing pla...

• Music Fan
  • Since the iOS WiFi issue still hasn't been resolved, I thought I'd try to quantify it and fill in the bug report template. I would really appreciate a response on this, since I'm burning through my d...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Syncing Offline

I have an iPhone 4s and i just got spotify premium. my tracks stop syncing offline after like 20 songs and i keep having to restart it and it stops again.. pleas fix this. i'm travelling and i need it.

• I have an iPhone 4s and i just got spotify premium. my tracks stop syncing offline after like 20 songs and i keep having to restart it and it stops again.. pleas fix this. i'm travelling and i need i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files taking up ALOT of space!

Is there a way to shrink the amount of space Local Files take up in the spotify app? Right now 10 songs = about 0.1 gb. Before in iTunes it would have been about half that much space. How can I save space?? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to shrink the amount of space Local Files take up in the spotify app? Right now 10 songs = about 0.1 gb.  Before in iTunes it would have been about half that much space. How can I...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort playlist by Added

Hey spotify, Can't you invent so playlists can be sorted by Added? Always when u add music the track places utself all the way down. Fix this?Thanks!

• Hey spotify, Can't you invent so playlists can be sorted by Added? Always when u add music the track places utself all the way down. Fix this? Thanks!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Reducing Memory Usage: Audio Quaility

I'd like to reduce the amount of hard drive space used by Spotify on my iPhone. It seems like the easiest way would be to save the offline content at a lower sound quality, but for the life of me I cannot find a menu that will allow me to do this. Ca...

• I'd like to reduce the amount of hard drive space used by Spotify on my iPhone.   It seems like the easiest way would be to save the offline content at a lower sound quality, but for the lif...
  • coloneldan16
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How to search your tracks???

I have the premium spotify app for my iphone 4. I have a lot of starred tracks and need a way to search for a specific track when im listening. I used the "search" function but that searches all of spotify and i only want to search my trackslist. A g...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the premium spotify app for my iphone 4.  I have a lot of starred tracks and need a way to search for a specific track when im listening.  I used the "search" function but that searc...
  • pokerbucs1981
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

terminating app on Iphone5

I could not figure out how to shut spotify down...had to turn phone off. No apparent "exit" command

• Visitor
  • I could not figure out how to shut spotify down...had to turn phone off.  No apparent "exit" command
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium account is not activating

Hello, I've bought a premium suscription via yoigo and my spotify appears to be still free. I've tried shutting down the app and logging back, reinstalling the app in both devices: mackbook and iphone and nothing. I´ld be grateful for any help. Thank...

• Hello, I've bought a premium suscription via yoigo and my spotify appears to be still free. I've tried shutting down the app and logging back, reinstalling the app in both devices: mackbook and iph...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium won't work on ipad or iphone - have gone through troubleshooting steps - still nothing...

I have a premium service that works ok on PC and laptop but not on my iphone or ipad.It's a new account and I log in via Spotify log in (not Facebook)I've cleared history and cookies on iphone reinstalled the app (about 5 times on iphone, once on ipa...

• I have a premium service that works ok on PC and laptop but not on my iphone or ipad. It's a new account and I log in via Spotify log in (not Facebook) I've cleared history and cookies on iphone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Art Messed Up

After the latest update (0.5 I think) several of the album art for albums has changed, at least while the song is playing, the album art is incorrect, or at least, not what I would like it to be. It's ironic that this is happening, because the last u...

• Music Fan
  • After the latest update (0.5 I think) several of the album art for albums has changed, at least while the song is playing, the album art is incorrect, or at least, not what I would like it to be. It'...
  • AnnD
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Creating Playlist Folders now Crashes my Iphone & Ipad App 0.5.9

Good Evening, Just figured you could create spotify folders on the computer which does a great job trying to organize all of my playlists. However, when I close the program and try and load up Spotify on my Iphone or Ipad it crashes the app. I have u...

• Casual Listener
  • Good Evening,   Just figured you could create spotify folders on the computer which does a great job trying to organize all of my playlists.  However, when I close the program and try a...
  • yoshiville
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! signed up for Spotify Premium today and the iOS App doesn't recognize I have a premium account

Hi I signed up for Spotify Premium today and iOS App doesn't recognize I have a premium account. On my desktop I have access to Spotify Premium, but apparently not on my iPhone. I tried logging back out and signing back in on my iPhone to no avail. H...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I signed up for Spotify Premium today and iOS App doesn't recognize I have a premium account. On my desktop I have access to Spotify Premium, but apparently not on my iPhone. I tried logging back ...
  • liizisa
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Updated mobile app, no longer Premium user

I have been a Spotify Premium user for over five or six months and have never had this problem until a recent update to the mobile application. The problem is that although I am a paid premium user, when I try to use the latest version of Spotify on ...

• I have been a Spotify Premium user for over five or six months and have never had this problem until a recent update to the mobile application.    The problem is that although I am a pa...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help syncing local files onto iPod Touch 4th gen.

Can someone please walk me through how to do this?It says to "mark the playlist for offline syncing" but I don't see where to do that.

• Can someone please walk me through how to do this? It says to "mark the playlist for offline syncing" but I don't see where to do that.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify premium on iphone 4

Hello i got spotify premium just got my free 30 days, but the problem is that my phone keeps saying that my spotify premium trial has ended even i got it couple days ago, any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello i got spotify premium just got my free 30 days, but the problem is that my phone keeps saying that my spotify premium trial has ended even i got it couple days ago, any ideas?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync my playlist (iPhone 4S with latest iOS 6)

Hello! I have problem with my Spotify. As you can see above, it refuse to sync no matter if I've done every step right, that means also rebooting Spotify and the iPhone 4S who has latest 6 iOS-update. It worked really well before iOS 6 but now I can'...

IMG_0111.PNG
  • Visitor
  •   Hello! I have problem with my Spotify. As you can see above, it refuse to sync no matter if I've done every step right, that means also rebooting Spotify and the iPhone 4S who has latest 6 i...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium won't work on my iPhone 5

Hi Can´t seem to get spotify to run as premium although no problems with the account. No problem running it on the computer,,,,, Please help Thanks in advance

• Hi   Can´t seem to get spotify to run as premium although no problems with the account. No problem running it on the computer,,,,, Please help   Thanks in advance
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes