Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

HELP!!!!! iPhone 4 no premium!?

I just bought the premium for my iPhone 4 aaaand it still says I'm a free member f$&@ that. I spent hard earned money on this, and I'm not going to let it go to waste. I'd like to get this resolved ASAP! I'm not to happy with this so called junk....

• Music Fan
  • I just bought the premium for my iPhone 4 aaaand it still says I'm a free member f$&@ that. I spent hard earned money on this, and I'm not going to let it go to waste. I'd like to get this resolv...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad does not stream music

Hi there, I have a 4th Generation iPad and have Premium subscription of Spotify. I am having this strange behaviour where Spotify does not stream any music unless the song is in offline mode. You press play and the app just does not do any thing. Som...

• Hi there,   I have a 4th Generation iPad and have Premium subscription of Spotify.    I am having this strange behaviour where Spotify does not stream any music unless the song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing randomly connected to car stereo using USB cable

iOS spotify will randomly stop playing and disconnect my iPhone from the car stereo when connected using 30 pin USB cable - help please

• Casual Listener
  • iOS spotify will randomly stop playing and disconnect my iPhone from the car stereo when connected using 30 pin USB cable - help please
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists have disappeared after updating iOS app

I'm a premium user via Virgin Media in the UK. Since updating to the latest version of the iOS app yesterday all my playlists have disappeared. Any ideas?

• I'm a premium user via Virgin Media in the UK. Since updating to the latest version of the iOS app yesterday all my playlists have disappeared. Any ideas?
  • wesleymaur
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Two steps back....

Why in heaven's sake, you have removed the ability to sort songs in playlists?

• Gig Goer
  • Why in heaven's sake, you have removed the ability to sort songs in playlists?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists Invisible After Update to 0.5.8

After I updated the Spotify app on my iPhone and iPad yesterday to 0.5.8, my custom playlists no longer show up in the app. Album playlists are still there, but any playlists that I put together myself are gone and I can't get them to show back up.

• Casual Listener
  • After I updated the Spotify app on my iPhone and iPad yesterday to 0.5.8, my custom playlists no longer show up in the app. Album playlists are still there, but any playlists that I put together myse...
  • Peter_Piper
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

No playlists on iOS devices after the last update

My desktop playlists are no longer avaiable on my iOS devices. This includes iPhone4S and the iPad Mini. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • My desktop playlists are no longer avaiable on my iOS devices. This includes iPhone4S and the iPad Mini. Any ideas?
  • hanseriksson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The app crashes when I hit the "Playlists" button.

Description The app crashes when I hit the "Playlists" button. My iPad/iPhone model iPhone4. Device’s Operating System iOS 6.0.1. Is your device jailbroken? No. Approximately how many playlists do you have? 30. My mobile Spotify version 0.5.8.73. My ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description The app crashes when I hit the "Playlists" button.   My iPad/iPhone model iPhone4.   Device’s Operating System iOS 6.0.1.   Is your device jailbroken...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't play local files on my Iphone 5

got a new iPhone 5 and now I can't play any file I own that is not available on Spotify. I have no local files. Syncing for offline play as recommended by Spotify tech support does not fix this. I have reinstalled the app, gone thru every setting I c...

• got a new iPhone 5 and now I can't play any file I own that is not available on Spotify. I have no local files. Syncing for offline play as recommended by Spotify tech support does not fix this. I ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folders sync - still not working

The playlist folders sync are still not working, After the bug fix update today 13.11 everything is as before - not working. (Iphone 5) This old (previously deleted folder is making the big problem. And it is not possible to delete it. I have reinsta...

• Regular
  • The playlist folders sync are still not working, After the bug fix update today 13.11 everything is as before - not working. (Iphone 5) This old (previously deleted folder is making the big problem. ...
  • IdarSambu
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists synchronization problems after a restoration

Hi, I replaced my broken iPhone with another iPhone. I noticed in "Settings > Informations" that the available disk space has seriously decreased. The backup to the new one has probably duplicated offline playlists instead of synchronizing. Somebody ...

• Hi, I replaced my broken iPhone with another iPhone. I noticed in "Settings > Informations" that the available disk space has seriously decreased. The backup to the new one has probably ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New update won't scrobble

Well, since the last iPod Touch app update I've noticed it won't scrobble tracks I listened before skipping one of them in offline mode. It just scrobbles tracks I listened after a skipped track when I go back to online mode. It never happened until ...

• Roadie
  • Well, since the last iPod Touch app update I've noticed it won't scrobble tracks I listened before skipping one of them in offline mode. It just scrobbles tracks I listened after a skipped track when...
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify on my Iphone 5 is really slow syncing?

Hey! I just got a Iphone 5 and I have resently installed spotify on it, but its rellay slow syncing my playlist. Im connected to wifi and have a great broadband. I have about 1000 songs to sync, and it uses about a half an hour to sync 25 songs..Is i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I just got a Iphone 5 and  I have resently installed spotify on it, but its rellay slow syncing my playlist. Im connected to wifi and have a great broadband. I have about 1000 songs to sy...
  • Oatterz
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Old playlist shows in iOS app show up

In Spotify 0.5.8.73 I see an old playlist with a playlist inside of it (only the lists, no songs) and these are not deletable. In some occasions a current playlist will be inside this old playlist. I I then try to move playlists within the Spotify de...

• Casual Listener
  • In Spotify 0.5.8.73 I see an old playlist with a playlist inside of it (only the lists, no songs) and these are not deletable. In some occasions a current playlist will be inside this old playlist. I...
  • jkb1969
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium Account not working on iphone 5

I have a spotify premium account. It works on my computer, but when I try and access files from my phone it says I'm not paying for the service, which I am. From what I'm reading in the Forums this is a company glitch? Seems like a lot of people are ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a spotify premium account. It works on my computer, but when I try and access files from my phone it says I'm not paying for the service, which I am.   From what I'm reading in the Fo...
  • Luxjules
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

lost playlists

Hello All at Spotify, Just a quick message to let you know that since I updated with the newest iphone update I've lost quite a lot of my playlists and albums etc, I wondered If there was a good way to get them back? Many thanks Richard

• Hello All at Spotify,   Just a quick message to let you know that since I updated with the newest iphone update I've lost quite a lot of my playlists and albums etc, I wondered If there was ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My local files won't play/sync on my iphone 4

On my Spotify app all my local files appear as grey and won't let me listen to them or sync them or maybe I just don't know how too. Any help would be appreciated please

• On my Spotify app all my local files appear as grey and won't let me listen to them or sync them or maybe I just don't know how too. Any help would be appreciated please
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop shuffle on mobile

How can I change to normal play in stead of shuffle play on my iPhone ?

• How can I change to normal play in stead of shuffle play on my iPhone ?
  • NMissoula
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Spotify account & my iPad-HELP QUICKLY PLEASE! 19 HRS LEFT IN TRIAL..

When Spotify first came on the scene, I was offered a free subscription. Kelly Clarkson (who is AWESOME BTW) chose some members of her fan club to offer a free subscription to Spotify. I was one of the individuals chosen...all I had to do was enter t...

• Casual Listener
  • When Spotify first came on the scene, I was offered a free subscription. Kelly Clarkson (who is AWESOME BTW) chose some members of her fan club to offer a free subscription to Spotify. I was one of t...
  • BreezySummer
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists disappeared

Almost all of my playlist have disappeared off my mobile device. I need help with this ASAP because one of those playlist is for work purposes only and I am about to go to work & need the list. Help!!!!

• Almost all of my playlist have disappeared off my mobile device. I need help with this ASAP because one of those playlist is for work purposes only and I am about to go to work & need the list. H...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes