Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Wrong track name when changing track on the lock screen

When you change a track when the iphone or ipad is locked and/or when you double click the home button and swipe right to change track, the name remains the same name as the previous track you have played. I also realize that sometime the cover art i...

• Music Fan
  • When you change a track when the iphone or ipad is locked and/or when you double click the home button and swipe right to change track, the name remains the same name as the previous track you have p...
  • bigdrop
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Remove spotify from Mac?

I have the free version of Spotify on my Mac. I cannot play any Spotify songs on my iPhone or iPad. If I remove Spotify from the Mac and install it on my iPad, will I then be able to access my playlists? I have TONS of songs on my account and would l...

• I have the free version of Spotify on my Mac. I cannot play any Spotify songs on my iPhone or iPad. If I remove Spotify from the Mac and install it on my iPad, will I then be able to access my playli...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! get more space to sync offlineplaylist

how do i get more space to sync my spotfy playlist to offline? i have unsync some other lists and i have been deleted the spotify app on my iphone to then download it again! i tried everything i konwed if could done but it dosen´t work!! please help ...

• how do i get more space to sync my spotfy playlist to offline? i have unsync some other lists and i have been deleted the spotify app on my iphone to then download it again! i tried everything i konw...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio station sync with iOS?

I have created some radio stations on both my desktop and my mac. Is there a way to sync them? Looks like they stay separate from what I can tell. Also, can you edit the radio stations, change name etc... like with paylists. Dont see an option to giv...

• I have created some radio stations on both my desktop and my mac. Is there a way to sync them? Looks like they stay separate from what I can tell.  Also, can you edit the radio stations, change ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search only finds tracks already listened to

I can only see tracks I have already added to playlists I subscribe to online so when I search it returns nothing or just those tracks if I search for a band already saved onto my iPad. Same problem on my phone. What's happening?

• I can only see tracks I have already added to playlists I subscribe to online so when I search it returns nothing or just those tracks if I search for a band already saved onto my iPad. Same problem ...
  • herbivore68
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify Premium account is not activating

Hi, my payment has gone through, and I've re-installed the app on iPhone logged out etc...not sure what to do...Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, my payment has gone through, and I've re-installed the app on iPhone logged out etc...not sure what to do... Thanks 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

IPone App

I have installed the app and paid for the premium account but will only work on my laptop not the phone heeeelpppp

• Casual Listener
  • I have installed the app and paid for the premium account but will only work on my laptop not the phone heeeelpppp
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod touch 2nd generation

spotify does not regonize my Ipod touch 2nd generation under devices...how do I fix this

• spotify does not regonize my Ipod touch 2nd generation under devices...how do I fix this  
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Service is spotty and it's NOT my provider

For the past 4 or 5 days streaming on my iPhone has been super spotty. For the first few days it wouldn't even play a song, but now it pauses every 10-15 seconds and/or just doesn't play. I haven't been anywhere and I get EXCELLENT service (always ha...

• Regular
  • For the past 4 or 5 days streaming on my iPhone has been super spotty.  For the first few days it wouldn't even play a song, but now it pauses every 10-15 seconds and/or just doesn't play. &nb...
  • jimmut
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium content

Anybody know why my premium content has suddenly just disappeared when I have two weeks left?

• Anybody know why my premium content has suddenly just disappeared when I have two weeks left?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stereo Problems

Spotify used to work amazingly on my car stereo (Sony) however - ever since they added the album covers update to spotify, whenever I press the next track button from my car stereo the itunes library takes over and kicks spotify off - the only way fo...

• Spotify used to work amazingly on my car stereo (Sony) however - ever since they added the album covers update to spotify, whenever I press the next track button from my car stereo the itunes library...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! desktop playlists don't sync to iphone

Have been a happy premium user for a year or more. got in a tangle today --iphone app hung at the login screen, so i removed the app from phone and reinstalled. logged back in and--I can't see any of my spotify playlists! i canb see them fine on the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Have been a happy premium user for a year or more. got in a tangle today --iphone app hung at the login screen, so i removed the app from phone and reinstalled. logged back in and--I can't see any of...
  • tongsan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Problems

Hello, I am not sure where to put this. I have my Ipod Touch and now my Droid. I had Spotify on both, but I added Spotimote which needed a username and password. So now on both of these my files from my computer that were on Spotify are not on my dev...

• Music Fan
  • Hello, I am not sure where to put this. I have my Ipod Touch and now my Droid. I had Spotify on both, but I added Spotimote which needed a username and password. So now on both of these my files...
  • Lindaa09
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

One Playlist Only Not Syncing

I've made some changes to one playlist on my computer only this change isn't showing on my iPhone (3g). I made some changes to another playlist and that showed up fine but this one playlist remains the same whatever I try. Any ideas? I'm using it thr...

• I've made some changes to one playlist on my computer only this change isn't showing on my iPhone (3g).   I made some changes to another playlist and that showed up fine but this one playlis...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

same songs over and over....

Hello, i'm new to Spotify. I'm using the free version. I love the concept of thumbs up/thumbs down. However, it's getting to the point where I'm afraid to tell Spotify I like a song because Spotify then plays that song waaaay too much. I thought the ...

• Hello, i'm new to Spotify.  I'm using the free version.  I love the concept of thumbs up/thumbs down. However, it's getting to the point where I'm afraid to tell Spotify I like a song bec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Can't swipe on search results (iPhone App)

Hi...I'm going to add this as a bug as I'm pretty sure it is not the intended behaviour. When on the iPhone app, after performing a search (be it inside a playlist or the general search) there is no way to swipe on a track and perform the secondary a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi...I'm going to add this as a bug as I'm pretty sure it is not the intended behaviour.   When on the iPhone app, after performing a search (be it inside a playlist or the general search) t...
  • Bengan
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

5 questions about the iPhone Spotify app

Hello, I am an MA student in Technical Communication at Portsmouth University, UK and I am designing the Help for Spotify's iPhone app as part of my dissertation. To find out which Spotify features are not clear enough and need documenting, I have ad...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    I am an MA student in Technical Communication at Portsmouth University, UK and I am designing the Help for Spotify's iPhone app as part of my dissertation.    To...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search function stopped working

My search function was working just fine, then stopped. When I enter a track, album, or artist and hit the Search button on my iPhone 4s, I just get the message that I "can enter tracks, albums or artists in the search field" instead of it pulling up...

• My search function was working just fine, then stopped.  When I enter a track, album, or artist and hit the Search button on my iPhone 4s, I just get the message that I "can enter tracks, albums...
  • JCompton
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offiline Sync'ed Tracks Pause on iPhone When Network Drops

When on the train listening to offline Sync'ed tracks and the iPhone goes into an area of non-mobile coverage the Track briefly pauses when the network coverage is lost and again when it comes back, it is very annoying! What is more annoying is this ...

• When on the train listening to offline Sync'ed tracks and the iPhone goes into an area of non-mobile coverage the Track briefly pauses when the network coverage is lost and again when it comes back, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is there nothing in mobile version?

I do not understand why there is a charge for use in mobile devices?On the free desktop app it will show the radio and the shared music... but this can't be used in the mobile version?

• Visitor
  • I do not understand why there is a charge for use in mobile devices? On the free desktop app it will show the radio and the shared music... but this can't be used in the mobile version?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes