Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Why is there nothing in mobile version?

I do not understand why there is a charge for use in mobile devices?On the free desktop app it will show the radio and the shared music... but this can't be used in the mobile version?

• Visitor
  • I do not understand why there is a charge for use in mobile devices? On the free desktop app it will show the radio and the shared music... but this can't be used in the mobile version?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost files on spotify

I had a bunch of songs disappear from my playlist so I went to re-download them and it is telling me to start a radio on the artist is there a way to fix this!? I really want to listen to my music as soon as possible

• I had a bunch of songs disappear from my playlist so I went to re-download them and it is telling me to start a radio on the artist is there a way to fix this!? I really want to listen to my music as...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Certain album crashes Spotify

When trying to open album "Meiltä puuttuu kaikki" by "Kemmuru", Spotify crashes. Latest iOS (5.1.1), iPhone 4. Reinstalling Spotify does not solve the issue. Something weird with the album data too, because the afore mentioned album cannot be found i...

• Casual Listener
  • When trying to open album "Meiltä puuttuu kaikki" by "Kemmuru", Spotify crashes. Latest iOS (5.1.1), iPhone 4. Reinstalling Spotify does not solve the issue. Something weird with the album data too, ...
  • Yaggo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

5 questions about the Spotify app/ Win a Premium account

Hello, I am an MA student in Technical Communication at Portsmouth University, UK and I am designing the Help for Spotify's mobile app as part of my dissertation. To find out which Spotify features are not clear enough and need documenting, I have ad...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello,    I am an MA student in Technical Communication at Portsmouth University, UK and I am designing the Help for Spotify's mobile app as part of my dissertati...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the purpose for "offline sync"

I do not understand it! Recently I get on an airplane without Wifi and I follow their instructions to switch off the phone during take off. What I do is put the phone into airplane mode and then shut it off so that when I turn it back on there isn't ...

• Visitor
  • I do not understand it! Recently I get on an airplane without Wifi and I follow their instructions to switch off the phone during take off. What I do is put the phone into airplane mode and then shut...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem solving for freshly downloaded spotify app (if you use facebook)

Hi, I want to post this so as to hopefully save some people some troubles when first downloading spotify for ios. For the most part, once spotify is downloaded and running properly on my ipod, it seems to work pretty well. However, I have for various...

• Regular
  • Hi, I want to post this so as to hopefully save some people some troubles when first downloading spotify for ios.  For the most part, once spotify is downloaded and running properly on my ipod, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening offline on iphone

Hi, Very new to this and a bit crap on PCs. Have got Premium but no idea how to listen to offline tunes on my phone?

• Hi,   Very new to this and a bit crap on PCs. Have got Premium but no idea how to listen to offline tunes on my phone?  
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad 2 Battery Drained Plugged In

i have my ipad2 hooked up to speakers playing spotify in the office as it's plugged into the wall. by mid day the ipad dies. i'm not running any other apps in background, location service is off, notifications are off, only things running are spotify...

• i have my ipad2 hooked up to speakers playing spotify in the office as it's plugged into the wall. by mid day the ipad dies. i'm not running any other apps in background, location service is off, not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App doesn't recognize my Premium account on my iPhone

Since the last update my Spotify App on my iPhone doesn't recognize my Premium account anymore. On my Mac it still says I have a Premium account. I can log in on the app, search music, but when I press a song, I get a new screen that says it's Premiu...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last update my Spotify App on my iPhone doesn't recognize my Premium account anymore. On my Mac it still says I have a Premium account.   I can log in on the app, search music, but w...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 83 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 83 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify on Iphone does not work anymore.

hi there when I try to play a song on spotify it does not work anymore. I think that the point is that Itunes is still on. For example when I listen to the music with headphones on spotify, I push the botton on the headphones cable and the song on It...

• Casual Listener
  • hi there when I try to play a song on spotify it does not work anymore. I think that the point is that Itunes is still on. For example when I listen to the music with headphones on spotify, I push th...
  • Albctna
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Block playlist with inappropriate title

There is a playlist appearing in the "top playlists near you" section on the front page of the iPad app with a title that is not suitable for my children to see - "Sh*t that gets me pumped". There doesn't seem to be an easy way to block or hide this ...

• There is a playlist appearing in the "top playlists near you" section on the front page of the iPad app with a title that is not suitable for my children to see - "Sh*t that gets me pumped".  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playback Error

The title track from Coheed and Cambria's album, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, is giving me an error right before the opening riff comes back at the end of the song. Is it just me or is this something Spotify needs to fix? For anyone familia...

• Visitor
  • The title track from Coheed and Cambria's album, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, is giving me an error right before the opening riff comes back at the end of the song. Is it just me or is this...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app won't install on my iPhone 1 running iOS 3.1.3

Hi, I restored my iPhone 1, the 2G version, with iOS 3.1.3. Now I cannot install the Spotify App. I select it in iTunes, hit sync and then the tick box disappears and the App is not installed. I have also tried the App Store on the iPhone but here th...

• Hi,   I restored my iPhone 1, the 2G version, with iOS 3.1.3. Now I cannot install the Spotify App. I select it in iTunes, hit sync and then the tick box disappears and the App is not instal...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app crash on Search, repeats 3 times then work again on fourth.

Hey Spotify! I have the 3:rd gen iPad 3G 64GB running 5.1.1 and jailbroken, Spotify version 0.5.2.374.g2c5b1077 and also an iPad 2 3G 16GB, running 5.1.1 and jailbroken, same version of Spotify. I've uninstalled all music related tweaks, rebooted, re...

• Hey Spotify! I have the 3:rd gen iPad 3G 64GB running 5.1.1 and jailbroken, Spotify version 0.5.2.374.g2c5b1077 and also an iPad 2 3G 16GB, running 5.1.1 and jailbroken, same version of Spotify. I'v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

sync iPhone without WiFi?

hello spotify-users, is there a possibility to sync my iPhone with Spotify without WiFi?! I mean I have only internet per cabel and portable internet stick!

• Casual Listener
  • hello spotify-users, is there a possibility to sync my iPhone with Spotify without WiFi?! I mean I have only internet per cabel and portable internet stick!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Restore local files

When I first got my spotify user a couple of weeks ago, I didn't understand much, and I managed to delete all the "local files".. Now I realize that it would be very nice to have them on spotify so I won't have to switch between itunes and spotify al...

• When I first got my spotify user a couple of weeks ago, I didn't understand much, and I managed to delete all the "local files".. Now I realize that it would be very nice to have them on spotify so I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad Sync

Hi, I installed the Spotify App on my iPad 3 and thought it was brilliant. So I created a playlist and downloaded a load of music (6Gb or so) for later use. After the 48 hour initial period expired I found I could no longer play any of the stuff I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I installed the Spotify App on my iPad 3 and thought it was brilliant.  So I created a playlist and downloaded a load of music (6Gb or so) for later use.  After the 48 hour i...
  • ashley_madden
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ruined my week

First spotify didnt back up 5 years (2081 tracks) of unreplacable songs and playlists. Now i have spent £50 pounds on music to load onto the iopd to try and replace some of the music. And it says its synced them on but my ipod wont play so try to con...

• Casual Listener
  • First spotify didnt back up 5 years (2081 tracks) of unreplacable songs and playlists. Now i have spent £50 pounds on music to load onto the iopd to try and replace some of the music. And it say...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can stream on Computer but not on iPad

hi, i tried to stream Gojira artist on my PC, it worked, but i cant stream it through my iPad

• Regular
  • hi, i tried to stream Gojira artist on my PC, it worked, but i cant stream it through my iPad
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

48 hours to 30 days problems

Hi there My 48 hour trial finished yesterday so I registered my credit card details to get another 30 days free of the premium product on my iOS4 iTouch. Songs that were on my playlists originally have now disappeared and when I try and search for ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there   My 48 hour trial finished yesterday so I registered my credit card details to get another 30 days free of the premium product on my iOS4 iTouch. Songs that were on my playlists or...
  • mandy_meek
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes