Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes

Album or Artist List

Hello, is there a way to change the default view of sync'd tracks on the iPhone app? By default I can only see my playlists. One workaround I can see is to create a new playlist for every album I want to sync, but is this really necessary? Surely an ...

• Spotify Legend
  • Hello, is there a way to change the default view of sync'd tracks on the iPhone app? By default I can only see my playlists.   One workaround I can see is to create a new playlist for every ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files From MacBook to iPhone

Alright, so I have been using spotify for a few months now and haven't had any problems with it until recently. Normally I use my MacBook Pro to download things such as mixtapes or whatnot. After that, I either drag the music folder from my finder st...

• Alright, so I have been using spotify for a few months now and haven't had any problems with it until recently. Normally I use my MacBook Pro to download things such as mixtapes or whatnot. After tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search Failed - This search failed, please try again later

I've been a Spotify unlimited customer for years now and have just upgraded to premium. I downloaded the iPhone app, logged in, but have been unable to use any of the functions. The What's New page is blank, and most annoyingly, every time I type som...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a Spotify unlimited customer for years now and have just upgraded to premium.   I downloaded the iPhone app, logged in, but have been unable to use any of the functions. The What's...
  • fastandbulbous
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide albums not on Spotify?

Is there any way to hide albums NOT available on Spotify in the iPhone app? Such a pain/tease looking for albums while on the go only to see that it's unavailable. Would be great to be able to prevent these from showing up.

• Regular
  • Is there any way to hide albums NOT available on Spotify in the iPhone app?   Such a pain/tease looking for albums while on the go only to see that it's unavailable.  Would be great to...
  • BengoFury
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Memory leak / overconsuming of memory

Hi, I got the (much reported) spotify app on Ipod touch (2th gen) with 4.2.1 iOS. I get the crashes everybody gets, so I looked at the memory use of the app. Test setup: The app starts with +- 40MB available RAM. I start syncing and listening to musi...

• Regular
  • Hi,    I got the (much reported) spotify app on Ipod touch (2th gen) with 4.2.1 iOS.   I get the crashes everybody gets, so I looked at the memory use of the app.   Te...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

synchronise playlist with Iphone 4S

Hello, I have just spent hours to try and synchronise the playlists on my laptop with my new Iphone 4S. It just won't work. It seems very simple. I connect my laptop and Iphone with the same WIFI network. But nothing happens. It seems that Spotify do...

• Hello, I have just spent hours to try and synchronise the playlists on my laptop with my new Iphone 4S. It just won't work. It seems very simple. I connect my laptop and Iphone with the same W...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iPad App .... can I "DJ"?

HI New to Spotify on iPad. I like to sit a browse tracks, adding them to a queue that will play in order. However with the iPad app its just too easy to touch a track, album cover or something that instantly stops the current track and starts the new...

• Visitor
  • HI   New to Spotify on iPad.   I like to sit a browse tracks, adding them to a queue that will play in order.  However with the iPad app its just too easy to touch a track, alb...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad and iPhone streaming stops after each song.

Why is it that my streaming of an album or a playlist now all of a suddens stops playing after each song? It didn't do so to begin with bu now I have to push 'play' after each and every song, in order to continue listening to the album or the playlis...

• Why is it that my streaming of an album or a playlist now all of a suddens stops playing after each song? It didn't do so to begin with bu now I have to push 'play' after each and every song, in orde...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Wont play sons back to back Premium/Iphone4

I may be beating a dead horse here. It seems as though many people have had this issue. I have read that the issue had been resolved for PAYING customers. For me, this is not the case. Ok, so as the title states -- I have a Spotify Premium account an...

• Casual Listener
  • I may be beating a dead horse here. It seems as though many people have had this issue. I have read that the issue had been resolved for PAYING customers. For me, this is not the case. Ok, so as t...
  • dunkenplums
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

crashes...what did you expect?

If you're thinking of going premium with Spotify for the iPhone app don't bother. It's a piece of crap that crashes every 20-30 minutes. That said, the service is worth the money even without it. Still it bothers me because if you tell me I'm going t...

baby.JPG
  • Visitor
  • If you're thinking of going premium with Spotify for the iPhone app don't bother. It's a piece of crap that crashes every 20-30 minutes. That said, the service is worth the money even without it. Sti...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to reinstall

I have an ipod version 4.2.1 8gb and i had spotify on it, but it kept shutting down in the middle of the song's or if i was searching. so i looked online for help, and they said to redownload it, so i undownloaded it and tried to redownload it, as i ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an ipod version 4.2.1 8gb and i had spotify on it, but it kept shutting down in the middle of the song's or if i was searching. so i looked online for help, and they said to redownload it, so ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How much space

hi I was using my iphone to 8gb to store offline synced spotify songs but it nearly filles up. So was wondering How much space does it use ?in mb? I have about 60 playlists and a lot of songs and I dont think i can put all 60 playlists on a 8gb iphon...

• hi   I was using my iphone to 8gb to store offline synced spotify songs but it nearly filles up.   So was wondering     How much space does it use ?in mb?  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist doesn't save order

Hi! Whenever I edit my iOS playlist and change the order of its songs (by the way, it would be great to add the option to order it alphabetically), it saves the changes i make. However, for the past two weeks, if I add new songs, the app 'deletes' th...

• Regular
  • Hi! Whenever I edit my iOS playlist and change the order of its songs (by the way, it would be great to add the option to order it alphabetically), it saves the changes i make. However, for the past ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working on iPhone

Hi, I have premium, my playlists that were previously playing are not anymore. Spotify still works on my laptop but not the phone?

• Hi, I have premium, my playlists that were previously playing are not anymore. Spotify still works on my laptop but not the phone?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes on ipod touch when online

My spotify mobile (latest version) on my ipod touch (latest os4) crashes after around 1 song. (mostly when the song is coming to an end) This happens all the time when im online, but not when im offline. I have reset (hard reset) my ipod and same thi...

• My spotify mobile (latest version) on my ipod touch (latest os4) crashes after around 1 song. (mostly when the song is coming to an end) This happens all the time when im online, but not when im offl...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline Sync not working on all playlists (< 3.333 titles)

Hi! Last night some newly added playlists stopped downloading tracks into offline mode on my iPad3. I've selected about 10-15 new albums and added as playlists, then activated for each the "download playlist" option. Most are now available, but a few...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   Last night some newly added playlists stopped downloading tracks into offline mode on my iPad3.   I've selected about 10-15 new albums and added as playlists, then activated f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pop Radio station and repeats

So I've figured out a few things: 1. Spotify has a thing for the King of Pop. Seriously, using default 90s radio he appears about every 15-20 tracks. I keep down voting him but he keeps coming back! Nothing against his music, but he seems to be stuck...

• Regular
  •   So I've figured out a few things:   1. Spotify has a thing for the King of Pop. Seriously, using default 90s radio he appears about every 15-20 tracks. I keep down voting him but he...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify not finding my ipod.

My iPod is connected to my pc through a cable and it isn't showing in devices. Any help?

• Visitor
  • My iPod is connected  to my pc through a cable and it isn't showing in devices.   Any help?
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Angles App Icon

Little design bug. Angles are not so nice as the icon itself.  

IMG_2850.jpg
  • Little design bug. Angles are not so nice as the icon itself.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes